Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mimosa homes

Page 1 of 2
Hi there,
Has anyone built with mimosa homes before...Iam planing for saba 287 or 331.
The base price seems expensive...is it because of their quality
Hi,

I'm currently building with Mimosa. I actually found their base price to be cheap in comparison to others, as they include a lot of items as standard that other builders charge extra for. Their selection of standard items were also really good in comparison to others I checked out, i.e. items that I had to pay extra for elsewhere.

As for quality of the build, I don't think it really varies much from builder to builder, as it all depends on the tradies working on your house. My experience so far has been ok, but my build has only just started with frame stage just recently completed.

Cheers,
Nuri
Thanks a lot for the info mate!!
the inclusions seems better than the other builders ,please let me know how it goes ,my land will not be titled until next year.
Can I know what home are you building ,I like Stanley and Saba designs
No problem mate. I'm building the Churchill 220.
Thanks Nuri!!
Hi,
I am in the process of building ELIS 253 with Mimosa.
The sales person was friendly during the sales an i paid deposit $2k on 11Jan2018. Later booked colour appointment on 01Mar2018. Till this point it good. I will update this forum as i progress.

BTW, What are the general tactics by builers to delay building start date?
frgdgrl
Hi guys i made a facebook group named ‘building with mimosa homes’ so we can share our experiences with this builder and hopefully help out each other.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1338197529642903

Im going to build my first home with them and i can’t seem to find enough thread and feedback regarding this builder. Hopefully this group will help not only me but everyone who is building with them.

Thanks!

I just noticed this fb group has been deleted recently.
Did the builder force you to close the group ?
parthiv777
frgdgrl
Hi guys i made a facebook group named ‘building with mimosa homes’ so we can share our experiences with this builder and hopefully help out each other.

Im going to build my first home with them and i can’t seem to find enough thread and feedback regarding this builder. Hopefully this group will help not only me but everyone who is building with them.

Thanks!

Yes . They threatened to take legal action. Probably one of the reasons you dont find much infor about them.
yasir_fnd
parthiv777
frgdgrl

Thanks!

Yes . They threatened to take legal action. Probably one of the reasons you dont find much infor about them.

can we find popular synonyms to refer M!M0S@ ? That way we may be able to get rid of legal issues ???
I am planning SABA 287, how is your experience till date?
firsthomebuyer2018

They are really slow in getting things to progress.

SABA 287 is really nice.. If i had more budget would have gone for that
How much time they have told to start your construction? When did your land title?
firsthomebuyer2018
How much time they have told to start your construction? When did your land title?

All the dates are mentioned above... Land titled on 15th Feb and slab expected mid to end of may.
yasir_fnd
parthiv777
frgdgrl

Thanks!

Really - there is a Facebook page now for every builder who are much bigger than this small company - Metricon, Porter Davis, Carlisle - Henley - u can join them and see how other builders r going
yasir_fnd
firsthomebuyer2018

They are really slow in getting things to progress.

SABA 287 is really nice.. If i had more budget would have gone for that

Just depends on where your land is because there is a shortage of tradies - especially framers and also of frame and other is brickies
Drhomes
Hi there,
Has anyone built with mimosa homes before...Iam planing for saba 287 or 331.
The base price seems expensive...is it because of their quality

Hi Mate,

Did you go ahead with Mimosa? Which design you went with? How is your experince till date?
Nuri
Hi,

I'm currently building with Mimosa. I actually found their base price to be cheap in comparison to others, as they include a lot of items as standard that other builders charge extra for. Their selection of standard items were also really good in comparison to others I checked out, i.e. items that I had to pay extra for elsewhere.

As for quality of the build, I don't think it really varies much from builder to builder, as it all depends on the tradies working on your house. My experience so far has been ok, but my build has only just started with frame stage just recently completed.

Cheers,
Nuri

Hi Nuri,

How is your experience with Mimosa till date? How is your construction going on?

Thanks
I had a terrible experience with Mimosa Homes. Paid Deposit (Jan 2018 ) and completed color selection (Mar 2018 ). Since then it was a nightmare. The office staff is very greedy trying to impose fee for every request after color appointment. When it came to contract, it was horrendous.
They even included clauses allowing them to change any material without the owner(me) 's consent.
Another ridiculous clause was that if i get an independent inspector, they will delay the construction by 10 days and charge me $250 for each visit. I had pretty much no other option than walking away after investing so much of time and money. Please stay away for your own safety.
blg
I had a terrible experience with Mimosa Homes. Paid Deposit (Jan 2018 ) and completed color selection (Mar 2018 ). Since then it was a nightmare. The office staff is very greedy trying to impose fee for every request after color appointment. When it came to contract, it was horrendous.
They even included clauses allowing them to change any material without the owner(me) 's consent.
Another ridiculous clause was that if i get an independent inspector, they will delay the construction by 10 days and charge me $250 for each visit. I had pretty much no other option than walking away after investing so much of time and money. Please stay away for your own safety.

Hi blg, thats concerning to hear. What were the changes you proposed? What they said about the independent inspection? Did they say that there will be delay of 10 days in the contract as a clause?
blg

Heard about $250 per inspection clause in all contracts since Feb this year. it's ridiculous that to show them their faults you have to pay money out of your pocket.
changing material cause is shocking, haven't heard about it before.
My understanding is after colour selection, to make any changes they do charge you money, all builders do it.
That's why I am taking all the time before going to color selection.
Someone told me, building a house with a builder is Hit or miss game, someone may have bad experience and someone may have a good experience with a same builder.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum