Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pool Installation

Page 1 of 1
New house is nearing lock up stage! Yippee!
Builder is predicting handover just before Xmas. Which is great but also means organising some of our extras (blinds, painting, pool etc) is going to be tricky as most places shut down for multiple weeks over the Xmas period.

Wondering if anyone has ever had any success in getting extras installed before handover? And in particular, a pool??
Thanks!
With a pool its generally easier to have had done before you start the build, having said that, there's basically no way you'll get the builder to let you do the pool before handover.
For blinds, you should be able to get the blind people out to do a measure of all the windows/doors after the skirts and archs are on without too much hassle through the builder (these generally take about 6 weeks to make, so they can install straight after handover).
Painting, again I don't see the builder allowing this to be done before handover.

Mrsxtro01
Xmas is probably the wrong time to be putting a pool in as it's their busiest time
You could have saved 10% discount plus builders margin if you organised it off season?
StructuralBIMGuy
@Mrsxtro01
Xmas is probably the wrong time to be putting a pool in as it's their busiest time
You could have saved 10% discount plus builders margin if you organised it off season?

We signed up for the pool many months ago and got a good price!
Now I've just got to try and work out when it can be installed.

We are in the same boat, our house likely to be done just before Xmas and wanting a pool. We are with Ventura and they won't allow the pool to go in until after hand over, so we are just going to wait it out.

Have you asked them the question?
nicjam
We are in the same boat, our house likely to be done just before Xmas and wanting a pool. We are with Ventura and they won't allow the pool to go in until after hand over, so we are just going to wait it out.

Yep, asked the question yesterday and got a resounding no!
Bummer!
If the house is ready mid December we might be able to just scrape the pool in before Xmas.
Where is your house up to, nicjam??

Mrsxtro01
nicjam

Bummer!
If the house is ready mid December we might be able to just scrape the pool in before Xmas.

We are up to the plastering stage, have our tile meeting at the house in a couple of weeks. Assume we will be at lockup by the end of September.

How about yourself?
nicjam
Mrsxtro01
nicjam

Bummer!

We are up to the plastering stage, have our tile meeting at the house in a couple of weeks. Assume we will be at lockup by the end of September.

Same as us then. Roof tin on Monday. Windows and sliding doors went in on Tuesday. Gyprock delivered yesterday. Hoping ceilings going in today.
I am assuming lock up will be in the next week or so.

We did manage to get our solar HWS installed before handover (actually just prior to lockup) so I think it probably depends on the builder and exactly what you want to be installed....
Related
21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

18/08/2023
Engineered Timber Installation - Floating vs Direct stick

General Discussion

Thanks Simon, I guess I'm no concerned with the volume of the noise rather that dead and hollow sound and feel that is associated with floating floors. But I'm not sure…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum