Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Price Matrix -Henley

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
I just want some feedback. We signed up with our builder and put a first deposit in Sep 2017. We did that as this was a requirement from our developer to have a builder before we bought the land. WE also got a really good promo at the time. Now land was meant to be titled in Oct and it has been delayed twice now and due December. Our price Matrix has already kicked in at $700 a month as we had a December site start originally. I have heard now that the price matrix expires after 6 months after which you revert to their new prices and lose all the promo items. I would be approx $50K worse off. I still have not heard this from the horse's mouth though and nothing has been officially mentioned ..not even at tender. WE have contract this week. Surely if it is not clearly stipulated in contract they would not be able to charge us more ?
I would appreciate people's perspective on this?
Thank you ... oh the stress.
pri7780
Hi All,
I just want some feedback. We signed up with our builder and put a first deposit in Sep 2017. We did that as this was a requirement from our developer to have a builder before we bought the land. WE also got a really good promo at the time. Now land was meant to be titled in Oct and it has been delayed twice now and due December. Our price Matrix has already kicked in at $700 a month as we had a December site start originally. I have heard now that the price matrix expires after 6 months after which you revert to their new prices and lose all the promo items. I would be approx $50K worse off. I still have not heard this from the horse's mouth though and nothing has been officially mentioned ..not even at tender. WE have contract this week. Surely if it is not clearly stipulated in contract they would not be able to charge us more ?
I would appreciate people's perspective on this?
Thank you ... oh the stress.

pri7780 : we are in same boat. This was never mentioned when we signed with Henley. As of now our price freeze is until Oct 2017, then, price matrix will kick in until construction start. Will check with our admin. If I hear anything will update here.
Thank you! have you heard the same about reverting to the current pricing and losing promos?
pri7780
Thank you! have you heard the same about reverting to the current pricing and losing promos?

yes.
RDhar_2016
pri7780

yes.

By the way, which suburb are you building in?
Truganina and yourself? And who told you about losing the promos?
My Price Matrix has been updated until Jan 31 2018 site start.
How can a developer force you to have a builder secured, but not be liable for not supplying the titled land on time? That seems like a very unscrupulous practice.
rum_home
How can a developer force you to have a builder secured, but not be liable for not supplying the titled land on time? That seems like a very unscrupulous practice.

I know it is frustrating. It seems developer can take upto 30 months before buyer can push any legalities.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

9/06/2023
Calibrate on Canberra Build Price June 2023

Building A New House

Wow I hadn't realised things had gotten that pricey in just a couple of years since I built, that is crazy with how much land is now costing if you aren't lucky enough to…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum