Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New build - Weeks Building Group SA

Page 2 of 5
I spoke with him yesterday... but it has taken nearly 3 months for a response...

well least your back on track now i guess. keep up with the updates, im living vicariously through you at the moment until our build starts.
Hugebloke
well least your back on track now i guess. keep up with the updates, im living vicariously through you at the moment until our build starts.

Will do! We are living in NSW at present, so unfortunately we have to rely on others sending us photos etc!

We will be popping back next week for a few days to check it out!

Some more photos (18 April 2018)

26 April 2018

02 May 2018

Pool prep

07 May 2018

12 May 2018

Electrical and insulation nearly done, gyprock delivered.

Your bricks are so pretty

Oohhh they are pretty!
Can I ask what colour they are?
Ta
Monkey55
Oohhh they are pretty!
Can I ask what colour they are?
Ta

Thanks guys!

It Austral’s San Selmo Smoked ‘Cloudy Silver’.

We had ordered their san selmo reclaimed, but when they arrived from italy, their background tone was a honey blonde instead of red... they looked horrible, so we were able to negotiate for a different colour in the same range, for the same price!

The other bricks at the front are render bricks, and we are doing that in solver ‘cloudy sky’.

Some photos from mid may

From last week

And the travertine that we have selected for the alfresco and pool area:

coming along really nicely. looks great. hows the stress levels ? :p
Wow it's coming along great! What size is the stacker door at the rear?

Thanks 😀
Hugebloke

Heya! Thanks, yeh it is looking good. No real stress, just frustration with the lack of communication etc.

We have had a few issues with sub contractors not rocking up on time, so we are weeks and weeks behind (maybe they should rename the company).

We get nothing from the site supervisor unless we ask questions (even then they sometimes go unanswered). I think he has only made contact with us once, when our bricks were incorrect. Apart from that, without prompting, we haven’t got a single update.

They make a tonne of promises during the consultation phase and just do not follow up when it is being built. We are miles behind now and most of it is due to poor planning or a lack of foresight and proactivity.

paulos01
Wow it's coming along great! What size is the stacker door at the rear?

Thanks

Thanks Paulos. It is 2100 high and 4284 wide.

benblinkau
Hugebloke

Heya! Thanks, yeh it is looking good. No real stress, just frustration with the lack of communication etc.

We have had a few issues with sub contractors not rocking up on time, so we are weeks and weeks behind (maybe they should rename the company).

We get nothing from the site supervisor unless we ask questions (even then they sometimes go unanswered). I think he has only made contact with us once, when our bricks were incorrect. Apart from that, without prompting, we haven’t got a single update.

They make a tonne of promises during the consultation phase and just do not follow up when it is being built. We are miles behind now and most of it is due to poor planning or a lack of foresight and proactivity.

Duely noted. Thanks. If we get that far I'll be sure to keep on top of them. Hopefully you can get back on track soon enough!! Looking good otherwise!
Hugebloke
benblinkau
Hugebloke
coming along really nicely. looks great. hows the stress levels ?

Duely noted. Thanks. If we get that far I'll be sure to keep on top of them. Hopefully you can get back on track soon enough!! Looking good otherwise!

We have been staying on top of them the whole way, but when they just refuse to respond to you, there isn’t much you can really do!

The only thing that is guaranteed is that they will contact you when they want some money. Sometimes, even before they hve started the stage that they claim to have completed. We got the progress payment for gyprock etc being complete and it was still stacked up on the ground in my hallway.

Same same for second fix, got the bill for that over 2 weeks ago and it is nowhere near done. The right hand just does not talk to the left within this company.

Don’t get me wrong though, the house is looking nice... they are just dragging it out way longer than it needs to be.

benblinkau

We have been staying on top of them the whole way, but when they just refuse to respond to you, there isn’t much you can really do!

The only thing that is guaranteed is that they will contact you when they want some money. Sometimes, even before they hve started the stage that they claim to have completed. We got the progress payment for gyprock etc being complete and it was still stacked up on the ground in my hallway.

Same same for second fix, got the bill for that over 2 weeks ago and it is nowhere near done. The right hand just does not talk to the left within this company.

Don’t get me wrong though, the house is looking nice... they are just dragging it out way longer than it needs to be.

Well damn. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the heads up though. Your story will hopefully help us and others
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

15/04/2024
Pro finish tiling group

Renovation + Home Improvement

The wallopers will just say it's a civil matter.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum