Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Hampton with Allworth Homes

Page 8 of 14
Hailsm
So we got a couple pics of our tiles so far sent to us. Yay

The bathroom tiles are much darker than I remember selecting, but we didn't have many grey options without paying for an upgrade and we definately wanted grey. I love our light contrasting mosaic in the showers.

Haven't began the main flooring yet, wondering if he's doing that now or after painting

Ensuite shower

Main bathroom

Our kitchen splashback, turned out ok, I think I panicked over nothing

Laundry

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89450&start=20

Looking good, i would have to sday the grey looks a bit gentler on the eye than the surfmist, I might have to re think our colour lol.
Looks fantastic! I chose the same colour dark tiles but with a white mosaic in the niches and my cabinets are in polar white to offset because we are going to do floor to ceiling in the charcoal after handover so needed more white in the room.
I am really liking the grey paint at the front too, looks really good.
Best of all your splash back looks fabulous, I know it wasn’t the perfect fit but still looks amazing!

I was going over our kitchen plans yesterday and we have standard ceiling heights but the splash back area is still 650mm high instead of the 600mm I thought was standard. Not sure if it’s because we upgraded to bulkheads, who knows!?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
aphsta
Looks fantastic! I chose the same colour dark tiles but with a white mosaic in the niches and my cabinets are in polar white to offset because we are going to do floor to ceiling in the charcoal after handover so needed more white in the room.
I am really liking the grey paint at the front too, looks really good.
Best of all your splash back looks fabulous, I know it wasn’t the perfect fit but still looks amazing!

I was going over our kitchen plans yesterday and we have standard ceiling heights but the splash back area is still 650mm high instead of the 600mm I thought was standard. Not sure if it’s because we upgraded to bulkheads, who knows!?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
Thanks Aphsta

We had a closer look at our splashback this morning and were honestly not very happy with it still. We just feel like it's all wrong, we dislike the colour, the way the end wall has been tiled, we would have preferred it to be only on the back wall and one of the tiles just looks like it's from a totally different batch. I think we will be re doing it ourselves after we move in probably in something alot lighter.

Glad it prompted you to go back and look at your plans, I can't believe the little things that totally slipped our minds
looking past those little things though were loving the house overall.

Not really loving the splashback, it wasn't meant to be near as dark as this and it all looks way too much the same, the lighter one of this tile had too much of a brown tinge.

All the tiles have a nice stone/marbled look then there's this plain non marbled looking tile that looks like it's from a different batch

Love our mosaic choice though

Hailsm
Not really loving the splashback, it wasn't meant to be near as dark as this and it all looks way too much the same, the lighter one of this tile had too much of a brown tinge.

All the tiles have a nice stone/marbled look then there's this plain non marbled looking tile that looks like it's from a different batch

Love our mosaic choice though

I think its all looking great! It’s so hard making choices from one tile in a shop. I know that from renovating many times but another thing I’ve learnt is to give it time and wait till you see it with the range hood in and walls painted etc. I often panic when I first see something I’ve chosen and then once I see it all coming together I find I’m usually happy with it. Drives my husband nuts lol 😂

04/12/2017- Painters onsite, all the windows are masked up so we can't see anything inside. To our surprise they repainted the front rendered pieces surfmist, they must have realised they painted it the wrong colour.
I'll take pics next time I go out and the garage door is closed. I actually don't mind it wallaby or surfmist, at least surfmist matched the garage door.
I got some pics also of the kitchen with the cardboard removed from the benchtops

I was out this morning so I went by the house, all the walls appear to have a coat of primer and here's a pic of our facade with the front pillar and parapet painted surfmist. At least we have seen it in both colours so we know what it would look like different colours haha.

I think it looks really good in both colours. Love you strong and steady progress. House is coming along great!

05/12/2017- No one onsite today but I got some pics through the windows of the primed walls
there is a lovely hue of blue as the windows are masked with blue plastic.
I had to get on the ground for this photo, it's the only hole in the masking in the main area 🤣

06/11/2017- Painters onsite, sprayed 1 coat on ceilings.

12/12/2017- went out to the house this morning, no one was on site but there was painters there yesterday. They have closed the fence up more so it's not so easy to get in to see what's going on.
It looks like the internal painting is complete now from what I can tell and that's about all I know. I emailed the site supervisor this morning asking for a completion date as we still don't have one. Should be able to give me a date now right?

Hailsm
12/12/2017- went out to the house this morning, no one was on site but there was painters there yesterday. They have closed the fence up more so it's not so easy to get in to see what's going on.
It looks like the internal painting is complete now from what I can tell and that's about all I know. I emailed the site supervisor this morning asking for a completion date as we still don't have one. Should be able to give me a date now right?

Edging closer and closer Hailsm, hopefully not too much longer now. I think the site supervisor might be a little hesitant to offer dates, especially around the xmas shutdown period.
mrbiggens
Hailsm

Edging closer and closer Hailsm, hopefully not too much longer now. I think the site supervisor might be a little hesitant to offer dates, especially around the xmas shutdown period.
Yeah getting there. Still no one onsite again today though

Yeah I think so, he said to me a couple months back that it shpuld be done by christmas but don't quote him on it. Would be great to know though so I can start to get things organised and have some sort of indication on how much longer we need to stay in this rental house. Good news though is that the guy that was buying it has pulled out so we have a bit longer here.

15/12/2017- Its Friday now and no one has been onsite since Monday
wondering if it's because all the skirtings were painted Monday and they want them to dry properly before any more work happens? We've got 1 more week of work left before close down for Christmas and we still need.
*Tiles through main living areas.
*Electrical fitout.
*Plumbing fitout.
*Downpipes.
*Shelving in all cupboards and walk ins.
*Door Handles through out.
*Carpet in bedrooms.
*Fly screens.
*Shower screens.
*Mirrors
I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now.
We received a letter from Allworth stating that our contract will be extended a further 15 days due to the Christmas closure, that's the 2nd letter we have received extending contract the first was 20 days due to a shortage of skilled brickies, I knew 17 week contract sounded too good to be true

We have been trying to arrange to have our driveway and concreting done prior to handover because we were told we won't receive the keys until it's complete. Trying to get our concretor to call our site supervisor has been a huge challenge, I've been messaging him to call him for about 3 to 4 weeks now, we have 190sq metres of concreting to do and beginning to wonder if he doesn't want the job.

One other thing we need to do before we move in is get flow systems (recycled water system/sewer system) connected. Others in the estate that have been connected said that it took at least 2 weeks after handover for them to come out and connect

On a brighter note we received an email back from our site supervisor stating that we should have handover on 24/01/2018 and we don't need to have our driveway completed prior to handover which is what we were told previously, weight off my shoulders

Glad you've at least been given a date and know what to expect. I know it's not what you were hoping for but it's better than being in limbo and you can start planning for it.

We were told we wouldn't get our final occupational certificate until the driveway was done and that we had to leave the siltation barriers up but they would give us the interim occupancy certificate for handover so we could theoretically move in if we were going to but we are renting it out till this time in 2 years. I think we had to pay for the certifier to come back once the driveway is done so he could issue it.

To rent it out you need the full certificate but we were planning on doing that and we are going to use the same concreter that poured our second garage slab today
Hailsm I believe 2 tradies were there on Wednesday and another tradie there on Thursday.
ydnewa
Hailsm I believe 2 tradies were there on Wednesday and another tradie there on Thursday.
Oh really?

Do you know what sort of tradies? Do you live in the estate?

aphsta
Glad you've at least been given a date and know what to expect. I know it's not what you were hoping for but it's better than being in limbo and you can start planning for it.

We were told we wouldn't get our final occupational certificate until the driveway was done and that we had to leave the siltation barriers up but they would give us the interim occupancy certificate for handover so we could theoretically move in if we were going to but we are renting it out till this time in 2 years. I think we had to pay for the certifier to come back once the driveway is done so he could issue it.

To rent it out you need the full certificate but we were planning on doing that and we are going to use the same concreter that poured our second garage slab today
Yeah good to have a date. All though I called Flow Systems (our recycled water/sewer system provider) and they advised I will need the plumbing and drainage certificate to be connected and allworth shpuld be able to provide it once plumbing fit out is complete, our SS told me I will need to get it after handover from council
sounds like a cop out to me especially after speaking with other people who have built. Flow take 2 weeks to connect aswell so we looking at early February I think.

16/12/2017- dropped by the house to look through the windows and see if I can see anything done. Nothing done but we have toilets and a hot water system delievered

18/12/2017- Electrical fit out today yay. It looks amazing with fans and lights installed. Also got shower screens delivered, door hardware fitted and our front intercom installed.

We had a nice storm come through this afternoon so I was challenged by all the slippery clay while trying to get photos

Flood lights on eaves

Baby Girls Room

Up down lights out the front, probably shpuld have put one of them on the front pillar rather than the bricks but oh well.

Ceiling fan, door handles, ixl light in ensuite and shower screen installed. Oh and towel rails

Front door handle + intercom

Shower screen in ensuite. Kind of looks short because of the high ceilings, do people raise shower screen heights to compensate for this or not? Not complaining just wondering

So happy with how it's all coming together.

Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum