Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Hampton with Allworth Homes

Page 1 of 14
So I thought I'd start my own thread about our build as I can't find anyone anywhere that has built this house. Were building the Hampton by Allworth at Cooranbong NSW on 632sqm with 2.7m ceilings. If you or anyone you know has built this house id love to hear what you think of it.

This is our timeline so far and I will add to it as the build goes on.

17/08/2017- Cut and fill
19/08/2017- Gravel delivered for temporary driveway.
22/08/2017- Piers dug
23/08/2017- Pods delivered
25/08/2017- Slab poured
29/08/2017- Frames Delivered
04/09/2017- Wall Frames erected
05/09/2017- Windows installed + Roof trusses completed.
06/09/2017- Guttering and fascia installed + Roof tiles delivered.
07/09/2017- Safety rails fitted for roof tilers to commence.
11/09/2017- Sarking and battons installed.
12/09/2017- Roof tiles loaded up to the roof and installation of tiles began.
13/09/2017- Roof tiles complete.
18/09/2017- Ridge Capping complete.
19/09/2017- Pointing completed on roof + Bricks Delivered.
20/09/2017- Plumber onsite running waterlines to taps internal and external.
21/09/2017- Plumber onsite again and plumbing all roughed in.
04/10/2017- Still no one onsite, I called site supervisor and was advised there's a shortage of brickies ours is next in line.
06/10/2017- Bags of cement delivered assuming getting ready for brickies to begin next week.
09/10/2017- Load of sand delivered and 2 Courses of bricks laid around the entire house.
10/10/2017- Brickies on site, 1 section done and bricks moved around house into piles.
11/10/2017- Brickies onsite, bricking one section per day.
12/10/2017- Brickies onsite
13/10/2017- No one on site.
16/10/2017- Brickies on site again began laying bricks in alfresco.
17/10/2017- Brickies onsite all day, Alfresco done.
18/10/2017- Brickies onsite all day.
19/10/2017- Brickies onsite.
20/10/2017- Brickies onsite, Bricked front porch.
23/10/2017- Brickies onsite, half done the final section of wall on far side, Bricked pillar in alfresco and laid 2 courses for parapet out front.
24/10/2017- Brickies on site, Finished all the main walls and finished Parapet.
25/10/2017- Brickies on site, Front pillar, tops of alfresco, started external window sills.
26/10/2017- Bricks Complete + Air con installers running ducting, some electrical roughed in, eaves delivered.
27/10/2017- Eaves Fitted, Electrician on site, metre box installed.
28/10/2017- Bricks cleaned, all timber supports removed, gyprock and cornace delivered for alfresco.
31/10/2017- Remaining gyprock delivered.
01/11/2017- Commenced fitting gyprock.
02/11/2012- Plasterers installing gyprock, day2.
03/11/2017- All wall and ceiling gyprock sheets hung. Front pillar and parapet rendered.
06/11/2017- Plasterers completed 1st coat of plaster on all walls and ceilings.
07/11/2017- Plasterers onsite again.
08/11/2017- Began waterproofing in ensuite, Laundry and main bathroom.
09/11/2017- Half of cornice done + more waterproofing.
13/11/2017- Cornice all complete.
14/11/2017- Door frames and internal doors delivered, Lock up today, kitchen, vanities and bath delivered.
15/11/2017- Sanded plaster.
16/11/2017- Garage door installed and kitchen installation started.
17/11/2017- Kitchen overhead cupboards installed. Laundry, bathroom and ensuite cabinetry installed.
22/11/2017- Kitchen benchtops installed, skirtings fitted to half the house and half the doors hung. Tiles also delivered.
23/11/2017- All internal doors hung skirtings complete, architraves nearly finished.
27/11/2017- Eaves painted, screeds laid, panelling installed above garage door.
28/11/2017- tiled laundry floor, bathroom floor ensuite floor and most of front patio.
04/12/2017- Painters onsite all windows and doors masked up can't see what was done.
06/12/2017- Painters onsite, ceilings sprayed 1 coat.

Hey there,

If you don't mind me asking what brick did you go with?
candicewebster
Hey there,

If you don't mind me asking what brick did you go with?
Hi

Not at all, we went with PGH Sorbetto
still not 100% sure if we chose the right brick but too late to change now haha

I thought I'd include a pic of our floor plan

I'm guessing your aren't in Victoria given all the sunny skies in the back ground of your pics
. Whereabouts are you building? I like your floorplan.
TashPaul
I'm guessing your aren't in Victoria given all the sunny skies in the back ground of your pics
. Whereabouts are you building? I like your floorplan.
Haha thanks. We have hardly had any rain in 2 months and none on the forecast anytime soon, so perfect building weather.

We are building at Cooranbong in the Lake Macquarie region over an hour north from Sydney.

Shots inside the display home

Our facade choice

Looks really good, following along.
Did you many changes or upgrades?
I'm building a Sonata 12 mirrored front and extended, it's more like the Avalon now but has a straight hallway. I'm building down St Georges basin way.
Plans submitted to CDC at the start of this week and doing colours and tiles on Tuesday so finally feels like something is happening.

aphsta
Looks really good, following along.
Did you many changes or upgrades?
I'm building a Sonata 12 mirrored front and extended, it's more like the Avalon now but has a straight hallway. I'm building down St Georges basin way.
Plans submitted to CDC at the start of this week and doing colours and tiles on Tuesday so finally feels like something is happening.

Sounds nice

The whole colour selection and paperwork progress takes forever, so glad that's over for us now, here's hoping there's no delays for you. I'm blown away how fast the build has gone so far, just hoping they keep it up at this pace haha.

We changed the bedroom near the garage a little as it's external wall jutted inwards and stretched the garage in towards that room so hubby has a bit more garage. That's really the only floor plan change we made. We went for the 2.7 ceiling heights and raised the height of all doors but somehow forgot to raise the height of the front entry door, ooops. We upgraded our floor tiles through out the main area and added ceiling fans to all bedrooms, some downlights and 3 pendants above the island bench. We got a package which includes upgrades to kitchen tap, front entry door handle, security system and a couple other bits and pieces.

Been no work Thursday or Friday this week but the roof should be on this coming week.

11/09/2017- Sarking and battons installed ready for tiles

Following along also, I am building a Carlisle in Silverdale NSW. Plans with certifier at the moment. Looks like they are progressing well with your build.
mrbiggens
Following along also, I am building a Carlisle in Silverdale NSW. Plans with certifier at the moment. Looks like they are progressing well with your build.
Yeah they are progressing rather fast just hope they keep going at this speed and I'll be happy haha.
Oh the Carlisle is a nice home too

Just checked this morning and we have half the roof tiles on

14/09/2017- received 13mm of rain last night so I guess the roofers decided not to work today. Anyway here's some pics of the roof tiles, still needing the ridge capping completed.

Monier Barramundi Horizon tiles

Gutter is Wallaby

Fascia is surfmist

Still unsure if we went with the right gutter colour but too late now, I'm sure it will look fine once it's all complete and not focusing on that one thing.

18/09/2017- Ridge capping done
19/07/2017- Pointing completed on the roof.
+ Bricks delivered.
Roof tiles are Monier Horizon in Barramundi colour

Love the look of your roof which is good considering it's the same as my choice lol
What colour bricks did you choose?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
aphsta
Love the look of your roof which is good considering it's the same as my choice lol
What colour bricks did you choose?

Thanks, we love it too, plus it looks like they have done a really neat job of it.

We went with Pgh Sorbetto bricks, we wanted a bit darker but didn't want to pay extra $ as we have already spent a bit on upgrades

Very nice, I had a quick google
We chose Gibson as it's a dark brown and we were having various shades of grey for everything else so we wanted to offset that with a different colour

Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum