Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hilbert HGWA Build

Page 5 of 15
Nice start and great shots. The Hannan bricks are proving to be popular.
J278
Summitlovin
J278
They made a start today!

My brother came out to get some drone shots as well, I’ll upload some when he sends them through. Looks like the brickies are doing a great job.

How exciting! LOVE your 2c red brick choice. Who supplied them? (midland brick etc) I chose peninsula Hannan for my red 2c brick

They’re from austral bricks and they’re called Hannan as well
are you using the same supplier? We love them, Albany cream was not our choice (unpopular opinion
)

Awesome, i am excited then! I hope they are like yours as mine are from austral bricks as well. I am seeing quite a few red 2c bricks pop up with builds at the moment. I personally was a bit over seeing the cream/limestone bricks everywhere.
We have just been out to check the progress and to our surprise there were still tradies on site! Went and got them some gatorades and had a brief chat. They’ll be finishing up today and returning on the 11th. Quite a bit more progress this morning, excited to see how much they get done today.

Ensuite window

Master bedroom with alfresco door

They have made good progress given the short week.
Left side of house

Theatre and minor bedroom

Ensuite and master

Ensuite

Master

Theatre

Last update for the year. Hope the next few weeks go quickly, I can’t wait for trades to recommence!
We had our brick meeting today and met the S.S. He said that bricks should be finished by the end of the week and the roof chippies have been organised for the end of next week. Things seem to be progressing well. Can’t wait to go out on Sunday! Hopefully all the walls are finished

Stackers are in!
They have been busy since returning, hopefully the weather doesn't stay around too many days, just long enough to help with yesterdays fire.
The brickies were out today and got quite a bit done. Hoping it doesn’t rain tomorrow 🤞 got an email from HG congratulating us on reaching plate height..
bit early we’re still a few days off that.

First completed room

Theatre almost done - door frame for sliding doors in

So excited to see the ensuite niches
vanity and shower niche

Turned around to find the start of the WIR

WIR

Dining, living and stackers
Brickwork looks nice and clean! Tradies are doing a good job
It will be good when they clean the bricks. Our S.S said the red bricks get two cleans as opposed to cream bricks.
I think all the rain has already started cleaning our bricks.....
Our bricks are about 80% complete! Was so exciting walking through the hallways into the rooms. One maybe two more big days and we should be at plate height

Do you guys know if this is normal? It’s our rear kitchen wall where the stove will be. It seems the provisions for the stove are in the brickwork.

Fantastic progress. Have seen those pre-lay pipes in other HGWA houses that have the freestanding stove, maybe GAS and Electrics.

Not a whole lot more done today. They’ve started on the garage and have put the scullery door in along with some brickwork. Will go out tomorrow after work to see if they’ve done any more, as we received an invoice today for reaching plate height but we are definitely not there yet.

Cool shot of the house though!
Not much fun receiving a invoice knowing that its not 100% done, the joy of progress invoices.
Nice drone shot. 😎
Our plate high and lock up invoices came early. we didn't pay them for a couple of weeks after. It's the supervisors claiming early to make their number's look better.
J278

Not a whole lot more done today. They’ve started on the garage and have put the scullery door in along with some brickwork. Will go out tomorrow after work to see if they’ve done any more, as we received an invoice today for reaching plate height but we are definitely not there yet.

Cool shot of the house though!

Love the photo. Really helps give you a sense of the layout and your progress!

What do you guys think of the use of the single course bricks here? Builder has said that they will raise it with my SS but if it is structurally sound (which I don’t doubt it is) then they will leave it. It’s in the alfresco next to my stacker doors and stands out against all the two course
Standard construction methods for most builders. mine actually start with a 1c brick at the bottom of the wall to avoid that. Baffles me how other builders haven't picked up on it yet...
Is your alfresco ceiling at door height ?
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum