Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hilbert HGWA Build

Page 3 of 15

Hooray bricks! Haven’t heard anything regarding a brick meeting, so perhaps they’ll start laying them next year after the break. Hope they prove me wrong and make a start beforehand
Usually the plate high meeting occurs once the brickwork is complete, so they may start this year!
just_a_draftee
Usually the plate high meeting occurs once the brickwork is complete, so they may start this year!

Oh I thought the brick meeting was prior to it commencing? They may start this week then, thanks for that info!
I didn’t have a brick meeting, I just rocked up one day and had walls

How exciting!
J278
just_a_draftee

Oh I thought the brick meeting was prior to it commencing? They may start this week then, thanks for that info!

No worries
yeah my bricks started roughly a week after the slab went down! You may even get the bricks finished before Christmas!
Madora Dreamer
I didn’t have a brick meeting, I just rocked up one day and had walls

Did they tell you that there was supposed to be a meeting? Or was that not part of the plan?
just_a_draftee
J278
just_a_draftee

No worries
yeah my bricks started roughly a week after the slab went down! You may even get the bricks finished before Christmas!

Imagine that! I’ll be out on Tuesday to see if they’ve made a start. When did you meet your supervisor?
From memory I had the plate height meeting.

Madora Dreamer

Did you meet your ss then?
Yes, then again at lock up any tomorrow at PCI!

Our bricks were delivered Wednesday, unfortunately the wrong internal bricks have been supplied and need to be swapped over and no windows or doors yet, however we have the site shed and WC.
Choosy
Our bricks were delivered Wednesday, unfortunately the wrong internal bricks have been supplied and need to be swapped over and no windows or doors yet, however we have the site shed and WC.

How did they get the internal bricks wrong? I thought they were the standard ones they plaster over or are you having exposed brick? We are still waiting on frames and the shed and wc. Do you think they’ll start your bricks before Xmas?
Madora Dreamer
Yes, then again at lock up any tomorrow at PCI!

I expected to see them frequently but I spose not.

Woo hoo PCI! Good luck I hope you have fun walking through your completed home
We went old school and asked for vertical bricks instead of standard horizontal along with other non standard items. Last update said next available brickies however I don't think they will start until new next year as their office is closed from Friday.
J278
Madora Dreamer

Did you meet your ss then?
Yes, that was the first meeting.

Just received an update from HGWA to say that our bricks and frames are due to be delivered today (bricks arrived last week) and that the bricklayers are scheduled to start on Friday. They will work until shutdown at the end of next week.

The updates are always slightly behind the actual progress. Wonder if they do that so they don’t set high expectations. Anyway, exciting news nonetheless!
Frames were delivered today. It looks like they’ve delivered the wrong ensuite window as we upgraded to a single piece of glass instead of two pieces. Waiting to hear back from home group about it. Probably an easy fix.

When did everyone’s sliding/stacker door frames arrive? I would have thought at the same time as windows, but there weren’t any today.

J278
Frames were delivered today. It looks like they’ve delivered the wrong ensuite window as we upgraded to a single piece of glass instead of two pieces. Waiting to hear back from home group about it. Probably an easy fix.

When did everyone’s sliding/stacker door frames arrive? I would have thought at the same time as windows, but there weren’t any today.

Ours were all delivered together

All our Jason windows and doors arrived together.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum