Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hilbert HGWA Build

Page 14 of 15
Amazing how good your tiles and cabinetry is looking after a clean, all the best for PCI on Thursday.
Some nice selections, looks awesome!....the end is near!
The final countdown to keys begins today, hope you got the bubbly chilling it won't be long now 🥂
The house looks amazing! Hope PCI went well this morning.
Just like everyone else, i am hanging to find out how your PCI went? Hope it went well!
Thanks guys! PCI was very smooth, just a bit of paintwork and cleaning to do here and there my SS says he’ll get most of it done in the one day.

The house looked so good inside we were so happy walking around inside. We brought an inspector from Master Building Inspectors who said that it was structurally great quality with only a few workmanship things to fix up. It was good having him there because we were walking around with rose coloured glasses.

Turns out the bank have missed a payment so we have organised that payment and the final payment today so hopefully keys could be soon. The SS says next week, but the lady at CBA said it would take 2-3 weeks for a valuation to happen. Anyone have any idea on timeframes? I’m going to reread everyone’s blogs to find out timelines haha

Lastly here’s some pics:

Ensuite

Scullery

Laundry

Scullery

Family/Dining

Theatre

Theatre

Family

Kitchen

Alfresco

Bathroom

Entrance
J278
Thanks guys! PCI was very smooth, just a bit of paintwork and cleaning to do here and there my SS says he’ll get most of it done in the one day.

The house looked so good inside we were so happy walking around inside. We brought an inspector from Master Building Inspectors who said that it was structurally great quality with only a few workmanship things to fix up. It was good having him there because we were walking around with rose coloured glasses.

Turns out the bank have missed a payment so we have organised that payment and the final payment today so hopefully keys could be soon. The SS says next week, but the lady at CBA said it would take 2-3 weeks for a valuation to happen. Anyone have any idea on timeframes? I’m going to reread everyone’s blogs to find out timelines haha

Lastly here’s some pics:

Ensuite

Scullery

Laundry

Scullery

Family/Dining

Theatre

Theatre

Family

Kitchen

Alfresco

Bathroom

lEntrance

looks amazing!!!
i might have to get that inspectors details off you!! didnt even think of that!
Wow that’s looking amazing!

Looks fantastic. I am also using Josh from Master Building Inspectors. Can't recommend him highly enough. Throughout my build he has picked up things i would have no idea about. He will be joining me for my PCI next thursday and i hope he has the same feedback for me that he did for you!

I am also with CBA and i hope that lady was joking. 2-3 weeks for a valuation is ridiculous! I received a txt msg from CBA at the beginning of the month saying my house is nearly finished and to allow for 7 working days. I am expecting my keys no more than 7-10 working days post inspection in line with what i have seen on here previously. Did you get your final invoice today?
Looks so nice! We are using Josh as well, good to know that he walks round with you, I had thought he might go through before so I would have his report when I was looking around.

I also hope that CBA woman was wrong! I'm with Westpac but hoping we can get keys in around a week. I'm wondering if I can pester Aveling to issue the invoice prior to PCI and then arrange the valuation for a day or so after PCI.
nicolac34
Looks so nice! We are using Josh as well, good to know that he walks round with you, I had thought he might go through before so I would have his report when I was looking around.

I also hope that CBA woman was wrong! I'm with Westpac but hoping we can get keys in around a week. I'm wondering if I can pester Aveling to issue the invoice prior to PCI and then arrange the valuation for a day or so after PCI.

My PCI i will be going through with the SS and then i will go through with Josh straight after. I have tried to get my invoice in advance and so far no luck. I may try again on Monday as it is only a few days out from PCI then.
Congrats, glad everthing went well today, its looking even more stunning now everthing is done.
Our ANZ valuer wants to do his valuation around PCI so don't know why CBA aren't on the ball, might have something to do with missing payment, hopefully not long now.
Choosy
Congrats, glad everthing went well today, its looking even more stunning now everthing is done.
Our ANZ valuer wants to do his valuation around PCI so don't know why CBA aren't on the ball, might have something to do with missing payment, hopefully not long now.

How did you get a hold of a valuer from the bank? I spoke to CBA when i was chasing another issue a couple of weeks ago and got told that i couldn't organise a valuer in advance
Summitlovin
Choosy

How did you get a hold of a valuer from the bank? I spoke to CBA when i was chasing another issue a couple of weeks ago and got told that i couldn't organise a valuer in advance

Someone at the ANZ ordered the valuation too early.
Summitlovin
Looks fantastic. I am also using Josh from Master Building Inspectors. Can't recommend him highly enough. Throughout my build he has picked up things i would have no idea about. He will be joining me for my PCI next thursday and i hope he has the same feedback for me that he did for you!

I am also with CBA and i hope that lady was joking. 2-3 weeks for a valuation is ridiculous! I received a txt msg from CBA at the beginning of the month saying my house is nearly finished and to allow for 7 working days. I am expecting my keys no more than 7-10 working days post inspection in line with what i have seen on here previously. Did you get your final invoice today?

Yeah we headed straight to the bank with the final invoice and the unpaid one to get it signed straight away. I haven’t received a message like that yet.. probably because of the unpaid payment. Hope it’s all sorted before our leave starts in 2 weeks.
J278
Summitlovin

Yeah we headed straight to the bank with the final invoice and the unpaid one to get it signed straight away. I haven’t received a message like that yet.. probably because of the unpaid payment. Hope it’s all sorted before our leave starts in 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed the turnaround is quick!
It looks beautiful, Congratulations. Hopefully the bank gets sorted quickly.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Handover is booked for Friday afternoon hooray!!!
J278

Congratulations!!
J278

So happy that you were able to get a quick turn around, bring on Friday 🥂
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum