Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My new home in Capestone Mango Hill with Clarendon Wentworth

Page 3 of 3
Legend!!!
BTW - you're house looks really good. Good work
BrissyBloke
Hey Kishore,

Thank you for the detailed write up of your journey building the house and those pictures are very nice. Congratulations on your home and I hope the journey was a cherishable one.

We are in the same boat as you and have shortlisted Clarendon and Wentworth 35 with minimal changes to the plan itself. I was wondering if I could get some pictures of the house after completion and especially the kitchen and living areas.

Thanks, BrissyBloke

Hi BrissyBloke,

Did you end up proceeding with Clarendon and the Wentworth 35?
Hi,

Could you please share your final product experience because we are also planning to build with Clarendon.
Preetdhaliwal
Hi,

Could you please share your final product experience because we are also planning to build with Clarendon.

I have a mixed feeling. We are first home builders as well, so we did miss a few and few more checks during build stage. Over all it's alright, decent and they were bit flexible as well.
Push a lot and don't shy away in asking dumbest of dumb questions. We are not professional builders to understand every term. they might laugh but you can have have last laugh when you push them on their limits
. Take time, review every item multiple times .. you might miss few as it happens .. make sure you don't miss major items. Add site visits to your contract if you can. Site Supervisor is bit lazy and you won't see him much.
There is a facebook page "Building with Clarendon" . You can see posts in there and every item price has been submitted by one or other person. Clarendon hides their prices a lot, so you better review, join page and figure out your items.
kishore
There is a facebook page "Building with Clarendon" . You can see posts in there and every item price has been submitted by one or other person. Clarendon hides their prices a lot, so you better review, join page and figure out your items.

Oh my god... they have already blowing us out by giving their quote still there could be hidden charges.
Yeah definitely I'll look into that page.
Thanks
Good luck. See my pics on how big is the kitchen that I extended vs standard kitchen in went worth.These kind of things make a lot of difference. We extended which gave us a big kitchen which we love it .. Go visit site and see which side is sun rise and sun set. We missed it and now we have kitchen facing direct east.. cooking generates heat and add QLD heat to it which doubles up your sweating and irritation .. we now regret for not checking the sun path .. we would have flipped the house..
[quote="kishore":qealwpju]Good luck. See my pics on how big is the kitchen that I extended vs standard kitchen in went worth.These kind of things make a lot of difference. We extended which gave us a big kitchen which we love it .. Go visit site and see which side is sun rise and sun set. We missed it and now we have kitchen facing direct east.. cooking generates heat and add QLD heat to it which doubles up your sweating and irritation .. we now regret for not checking the sun path .. we would have flipped the house..[/quote:qealwpju]
We changed downstairs study to bedroom.
Added shower to powder room.
Instead of normal Alfresco we asked for grand alfresco.
We asked to increase the size of theatre room but they said they can't move stairs so no possibility to increase the size of theatre room.
On first floor moved master bedroom at rear and Rumpus at front.
We got lot no. 32 on Brooks release.
We didn't thought about sunrise nd sunset.
We'll check this one now.
I'll check pics of your home as well
kishore
Good luck. See my pics on how big is the kitchen that I extended vs standard kitchen in went worth.These kind of things make a lot of difference. We extended which gave us a big kitchen which we love it .. Go visit site and see which side is sun rise and sun set. We missed it and now we have kitchen facing direct east.. cooking generates heat and add QLD heat to it which doubles up your sweating and irritation .. we now regret for not checking the sun path .. we would have flipped the house..

Hi

Could you please let me know which kind of hidden cost you did find with Clarendon?
Thank you
Preetdhaliwal
kishore

Hi

Could you please let me know which kind of hidden cost you did find with Clarendon?
Thank you

Difference between provisioning vs allowance. Like I described my issues with tiles.
site cost is seperate from soil test and wind rating. Every choice you make for adding anything there is admin fee.
The most useless things are thrown in for free. The moment you change your item you price shoots up.
I would suggest to join facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/258116618031482 . Most of people are really nice and will have latest inputs .. but that is for entire Australia... post your questions asking for details for Brisbane.
kishore
Preetdhaliwal
kishore

Hi

Thank you

Difference between provisioning vs allowance. Like I described my issues with tiles.
site cost is seperate from soil test and wind rating. Every choice you make for adding anything there is admin fee.
The most useless things are thrown in for free. The moment you change your item you price shoots up.
I would suggest to join facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/258116618031482 . Most of people are really nice and will have latest inputs .. but that is for entire Australia... post your questions asking for details for Brisbane.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I have sent request to join clarendon group.
They have added 12k for all site expenses,
5k for electricity, 5k for carpet and 6k for tiles.
Especially for tiles, I have a feeling they have added less amount.
All 3 are less. Electrical prices go beyond 10K. Our initial estimate came up 12K and we ended up at 8K .
Carpet 5K will go for a nice underlay itself. On top of it carpet price will be around 5-6K for two storey.
Tiles will go beyond that. Make allowance for 10K as matching grout and going to porcelein or bigger tiles will cost a lot.
Add allowance for Cabinets.
kishore
All 3 are less. Electrical prices go beyond 10K. Our initial estimate came up 12K and we ended up at 8K .
Carpet 5K will go for a nice underlay itself. On top of it carpet price will be around 5-6K for two storey.
Tiles will go beyond that. Make allowance for 10K as matching grout and going to porcelein or bigger tiles will cost a lot.

They said Cabinetory is all included.
How much total should be for carpet and tiles?
Do you have any idea which basic stairs are included in their luxe inclusions?
Preetdhaliwal
kishore

They said Cabinetory is all included.
How much total should be for carpet and tiles?
Do you have any idea which basic stairs are included in their luxe inclusions?

Cabinetry is included which is very basic polytec. They won't tell you what is that basic vs bit nice ones. Go to Beaumont tiles in Strathpine and ask them the clarendon luxe inclusions for both tiles and cabinet. They will show you. Kitchen Splashback for Madion costs us 3K for Porcelain. Charges will be high if you go for type of laying tiles like herringbone, slab type, etc...
https://www.beaumont-tiles.com.au/tile-types

Carpet is from carpet call I believe. It depends on the size and type.
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum