Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building Clarendon homes Sheridan 39 mkii in Edmondso

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

We are planning to build a Sheridan 39 mkii with Clarendon homes in Edmondson Park. We have indicated we need Axis façade. Thought it will be great if people on the same boat can come together and share thoughts here?

Regards,
Shilpa
Hi Shilpa,
We are also planning to build Sheridan 39 MKii in Blacktown. We got our tender presented on 22.8.17. We have put in a deposit of $5000 and signed with Clarendon on 28th of August.Our building contract appointment is on 20th of September.All exciting and also very stressful. What stage are you guys at?? It's good to know and share experiences with someone doing the same thing.
Susan
Hi Susan,

We are just in the beginning phase, haven't signed tender yet.
We are making few modifications and are still finalising them at this stage.

Are you doing any modifications as such?

Regards,
Hi there,

We are building the Sheridan 39 with rumpus and alfresco in Picton. Currently in week 3 of construction and so glad to be past the colours stage which was a nightmare. Hopefully this stage will be much better!
Hi Shilpa & Jellyjot
We had our colours appointment last week. It was a nightmare as you said. We ran out of time. We still need to see stair case lady.Tiles, Electrical and another appointment not done yet.
Yes we changed the structure a little bit. We are having Rumpus and Alfresco option. We got rid of the big wardrobe in Master bedroom as we felt the bed is very close to the Ensuite. We have extended behind bedroom 4 for a big wardrobe. We are having Princeton facade as in display. If you have any questions u can call me on 0421530710. Happy to share our experience so far.
Susan
Hi Susan & Jellyjot,

Nice to hear!
We have delayed the tender process quite a bit, as we are making quite a lot of changes to the ground floor as such. How did your colour selection go?

Do you know the prices for Calacutta range of kitchen benchtop?

I think its not even in their platinum range!

Regards,
Hi Shilpa,
We are going for Alpine white kitchen bench top and extending the island bench for one meter. He said $ 2000 for Alpine white and $2500 for extension of island bench. These are not exact figures. They said they will send the quote on kitchen upgrades next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Susan
Hi Susan.

Is Alpine white the bench top that is on display in the Sheridan?

How much did it end up costing you?
About to get our tender for Sheridan 39. Just wondering how everyones build went? Also were trying to stick to the basic package as we'll be doing our own kitchen does anyone know what the selection was like in the base package for flooring?
Hi Richelle,

We are up to brick stage. We tried to limit upgrades as well, but it wasn’t easy - especially electrical. The inclusions for carpet was terrible and we weren’t happy with the vinyl/laminate selection or the upgrade costs, so have removed them flooring from our contact and will be doing post handover. They issued us a credit for these items. For less than their upgrade costs, we are getting far superior carpets, underlay and karndean vinyl, from a flooring store. We chose standard tiles for the bathrooms and did an upgrade to the kitchen splash backs which was about $150. Hope that helps!
Thanks Jellytot, thats a great help! I was so worried about the flooring. Can I ask how your build is going and if you have any tips?
You’re most welcome! I’m terms of tips, gosh, where to start??!! If you have any specific questions in mind, please feel free to pm me and I’ll be more than happy to help. So far, our build is going well, but the colour selection/admin stage was a nightmare!
Hi Kareena,
Alpine white is the bench top as in Parklea display home. We took Alpine white 80 mm thickness as in display. For that colour $ 2500 and for thickness another $2600. Altogether about $ 5000. These are not exact figures.
We have done all the selections. Moving out in couple of weeks. Expecting the construction to start in End of March or Early April.
Susan
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum