Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley house and land package

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, asking for a friend.

Just wondering why Henley house and land packages seem so expensive?

When you using the house price and land price that's listed on the package the package is at least $45,000 to $55,000 more expensive.

I know there are site costs and they claim to include category 1 carpet and laminate wood flooring, is that all? Surely that isn't worth $50,000??

Thanks
I'm pretty sure that includes driveway, letterbox, aerial and front landscaping. This is worth at least 10-15k. Most estates gave guidelines that mean you will need to upgrade certain things(render, eaves , NBN, recycled water, brick over garage etc), this will also be covered in the package. This should also cover any BAL and 6 star energy costs. Does that also include blinds? Site costs can range anywhere from $7,000 to $50,000 depending on the fall, soil type and rocks. It might be worth investigating what others have had to pay for site costs on similar blocks in your area.

The base price on new housing is quite deceptive, you need to add minimum 10k and that's without upgrades.

I'm pretty sure they don't include any of those things, if it did I could see the worth in it.

Other builders In the area have fixed price site costs for around 10,000 to 15,000 so yeah must be expensive flooring. Lol
Hi fully, where abouts are you looking to build?

We are looking at potentially using Henley when we get a block of land in western melbourne. Still on the land hunt and unfortunately they don't have any packages around where we are looking.

I'm not sure specifically in regards to your question however I can see the discrepancy when looking at their packages on the website, I can only imagine it would be because they have included fixed site costs and additional package options or something to that effect which would add up to the difference, where as you would normally pay those on top of the base house price you see on the website.

They should break it all down for you so you can see how it all adds up.
I'm actually asking for a friend of mine. But yeah Melbourne west too.

I've emailed Henley to ask what's included, see if they reply lol
Have you gone to a display or emailed to ask for more details on the inclusions? There isn't much info about them on the website.

The fixed price will include council/estate covenants and possible BAL costs.

I chose to buy the home and land separately. Be prepared for a wait if you buy untitled land, it's usually 12-18 month wait between initial deposit and land titles. The advertised base price is not what you pay. My site costs were pretty low and I tried to be conservative with upgrades and I ended up spending $43,000 over the base price. That doesn't include cooling, driveway, landscaping or blinds which will cost an extra $30,000 after I move in.

Henley replied to my questions, sort of. I just picked a generic house and land package that they advised

"This includes:

- All site and council costs

- Developer Guidelines (recycled water, 450mm eaves, etc.)

- Timber look flooring and Carpeting

- Upgraded Melrose façade

- 6 Star Energy Provisions

- All inclusions from our Essence Collection"

Still doesn't really answer the $50,000 question as many estates don't have recycled water or eaves requirements and it's still around 50ish grand extra charge.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

14/03/2024
Cut and filled land

Building A New House

Thanks Craig! This make absolutely sense to me!!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum