Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner Mountain Views 310

Page 4 of 4
Good to hear, from talking to him he seemed pretty nice and approachable.
So we've had a few quiet weeks before this one all we had done was waterproofing and cornices. Our fit out was started yesterday and when we went to check today LOCKED OUT!!! I don't like it hahaha. Eaves are scheduled to start next week Hopefully once the fit is complete we can have the tilers and eaves people work at the same time we always seem to only have one job going on at once....

Have been getting quotes for the pool area have one already to have it tiled and waiting on the next to have honed type concrete surrounds.

There was talk of us signing off on the outside of house if its all not finished by the 3rd week november so we can still have our pool installed, im afraid if we have to move date we might miss the before xmas install.

Also just sent a message to a timber guy in Canberra to try and get a price on a dining table.
All is going pretty well our eaves are 3/4s complete just real the back side of the house still a little cladding to go. Fix out complete and the painter has been there nearly every day for a week. Ceiling is done, undercoated whole house and i think one coat on the front door cladding and eaves, plus he gave all a doors a coat today. Have a site meeting on Tuesday seeing as though they've just invoiced us the next payment. Only one to go!!!!

Oh also went to the globe west showroom and found our buffet/entertainment and pic of the new table we'll get but with black legs.

Write reply...

So ive been a bit slack with the updates. We are so close to being finished but not close enough to move in before xmas

All thats left is the internal doors and hardware to be out on a small bit of painting and flyscreens. Oh and our pool hole has been dug and was delivered on wednesday but unfortunately the shell arrived and was unacceptable so our pool guy sent it back and we are waiting to hear when they will have us a new one.
So now i will bombard the post with photos

ensuite

Write reply...

marz1983
Write reply...

I’m assuming you would be near completion now? I’m very keen to see photos once complete...I love all of your choices so far!
Looking great!
All the best with the move in
marz1983
The last of the colours were picked this morning and all in only an hour, i think because i pretty much knew the outside colours.

Outside is
Bricks- Blackheath
Facia/Downpipes/gutters/garage door- Monument
Roof- Shale Grey
Cladding above front door- Monument

1200 wide front door with natural stain

Kitchen is white finger pull cupboards with Fresh concrete caesarstone matt black hex tiles with black grout.

Paint we are having the lounge/media black fox
Skirts- Miss Universe
Walls- White Shaver

Did go in thinking just going with white but she thought the light greys would be better

Interior doors.

Main floors will be karndean long vinyl planks in Pearl Oak and a light grey carpet for bedrooms.

Thats pretty much it for now. Back to waiting on council approval and looking at Pool quotes haha

Love your photos. Have you taken any in rooms that have the Karndean vinyl planks?
Bebbsy
marz1983
The last of the colours were picked this morning and all in only an hour, i think because i pretty much knew the outside colours.

Outside is
Bricks- Blackheath
Roof- Shale Grey

Kitchen is white finger pull cupboards with Fresh concrete caesarstone matt black hex tiles with black grout.

Skirts- Miss Universe
Walls- White Shaver

Did go in thinking just going with white but she thought the light greys would be better

Interior doors.

Main floors will be karndean long vinyl planks in Pearl Oak and a light grey carpet for bedrooms.

Thats pretty much it for now. Back to waiting on council approval and looking at Pool quotes haha

Love your photos. Have you taken any in rooms that have the Karndean vinyl planks?

Hi no not yet we are actually having them installed after handover, will be sure to post some them.

So still not in, slowly we are getting closer. We've since had our doors fitted, they tell me shower screens and mirrors are in, finally had our gas connected (found out before xmas we needed a path valve connection) and we've just had a look and it looks like we've had a bit of a clean, windows clean so fingers crossed we see some fly screens tomorrow. Also had our pool installed although not cleaned and hooked up yet. The day it was installed they hadn't even finished backfilling and we had the most almighty storm so its full of mud, they have a massive job ahead of them. Supposed to be cleaned saturday.
Looks great. Can I ask which state your build is in? I love the Mountainview but apparently we can’t get it here in victoria😢
marz1983
Bebbsy
marz1983

Outside is
Bricks- Blackheath
Roof- Shale Grey

Skirts- Miss Universe
Walls- White Shaver

Interior doors.

Hi no not yet we are actually having them installed after handover, will be sure to post some them.

🤗
Lksinnott
Looks great. Can I ask which state your build is in? I love the Mountainview but apparently we can’t get it here in victoria😢

We are in NSW. Thats not very fair, you could always modify the plan slightly and get someone else to build.
I know😢
We have one plan we are looking at and I’m trying to modify that into the Mountain view, don’t understand why they can’t just give Victoria the plans too! Are you living the floor plan for your family?
Are you in yet ;P We're looking to build with similar color and worried it might to too dark. Did you follow through with the monument garrge dooe? just wondering if you have photos of it?
anthonywr79
Are you in yet ;P We're looking to build with similar color and worried it might to too dark. Did you follow through with the monument garrge dooe? just wondering if you have photos of it?

Hi yep been in 2yrs now, and yes we have the monument garage door. I don’t think it’s too dark but we do have the shake grey roof. Don’t have any photos on my phone. My Instagram for the build was

https://instagram.com/p/CLVo9SBF4qZ/
Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum