Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder or fence contractor for higher fence?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,
I just had my handover of my house and we are looking to build a fence that is higher than the standard 1.2m allowed by the council. This is in Victoria with the Monash Council.

I have looked through the requirements, and we need a report and consent form application + building permit application.
We are having some uncertainties with the building permit application as it asks for the builder's category/class and registration number. The person doing the fence says he is not a registered builder, but a fence contractor.

Does this mean I must go through a builder to do my fence, or does this mean that I do not need to provide those details in the form for an alteration to a fence height? I'd appreciate anyone with any experience in this, as my previous call with the council was not great, as the person I spoke to was just as clueless as me.
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum