Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Starting our KDR journey Metricon Glendale 50

Page 4 of 10
Week 11 Update.
Waterproofing done...we have our inspection tomorrow. It's strange but they have not put waterproofing in the powder room downstairs fully and in all bathrooms near the vanity area....anyone knows why this is the case ?

Oops my update posted partly...Some kind of foil is put around all the 1st floor windows...my neighbour sent a picture.
The top sheets have started to be fixed on the 1st floor external building.
There is some delivery of internal doors, vanity cupboards, butlers and kitchen cabinets.

shokel1975
excited_builders
Some updated pics. ...

Your house is coming along really well excited_builders! What an exciting time for you. What facade have you chosen?
Thanks....heaps...yes they are powering along. Our facade is Clarion.

excited_builders
Week 11 Update.
Waterproofing done...we have our inspection tomorrow. It's strange but they have not put waterproofing in the powder room downstairs fully and in all bathrooms near the vanity area....anyone knows why this is the case ?

Downstairs is the concrete slab so it's not done. We have the same thing.

Week 12 update
According to our site manager Render to the top floor nearly done.
Cabinets installed in the kitchen, butlers, bathrooms.
Our neighbour said the outside windows have some foil covering it. Not sure what that is but possibly put to get ready for render.
Anyone knows what normally gets done next?
Lock up invoice received but externals are not yet finished so will check what the process is as the bank need confirmation from Ms inspectors that the stage is complete.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
The slab invoice is still with CBA. My broker really made a mess of submitting the invoice n not following up with CBA on what is outstanding. Going to complain as its not acceptable. We have now received the frame invoice but have not yet received the group 4 frame completion stage report. Drew did you get this from Group 4 before you made the payment. Our BSC advised that group 4 are doing a re inspection tomorrow of the frame and will then finalise n send through their report which we can then forward to the bank.

Only just found this, we paid within terms for all invoices so far, as there was no reason not to, and our SS had rectified anything found in the reports almost before they were found.

For frame, we paid the report arrived the day after I paid.

I think I posted elsewhere that I have a pretty good handle on reading people, and believe our SS is there to achieve the best outcome for us. So far he's proven me correct.

We're also firm in the belief that if Metricon we building terrible houses, they'd be out of business, and struggling to get trades to want to work for them, yet we've observed the opposite. All the tradies I've met (everyone except the air conditioning company) all love working with our SS

excited_builders
Week 11 Update.

Ours is the same as of yesterday.... I can only assume they finish upstairs first?

excited_builders
Week 12 update
Our neighbour said the outside windows have some foil covering it. Not sure what that is but possibly put to get ready for render.
Lock up invoice received but externals are not yet finished so will check what the process is as the bank need confirmation from Ms inspectors that the stage is complete.

Lock up will be percentage completion based. Have they plastered inside yet? That's normally in fixing, on percentage, if it's done, then they've reached a milestone.

What area is your build in? I've never picked that one up from any of your posts... Your block is huge, I've got side setback envy!

Drew01
excited_builders
The slab invoice is still with CBA. My broker really made a mess of submitting the invoice n not following up with CBA on what is outstanding. Going to complain as its not acceptable. We have now received the frame invoice but have not yet received the group 4 frame completion stage report. Drew did you get this from Group 4 before you made the payment. Our BSC advised that group 4 are doing a re inspection tomorrow of the frame and will then finalise n send through their report which we can then forward to the bank.

Only just found this, we paid within terms for all invoices so far, as there was no reason not to, and our SS had rectified anything found in the reports almost before they were found.

I think I posted elsewhere that I have a pretty good handle on reading people, and believe our SS is there to achieve the best outcome for us. So far he's proven me correct.

We're also firm in the belief that if Metricon we building terrible houses, they'd be out of business, and struggling to get trades to want to work for them, yet we've observed the opposite. All the tradies I've met (everyone except the air conditioning company) all love working with our SS

Just ensure all of your walls are square. We have heard many times from people that M have a bad rep for building walls out of square.
shokel1975
Drew01
excited_builders

Just ensure all of your walls are square. We have heard many times from people that M have a bad rep for building walls out of square.

not as bad a reputation as Urban Edge!! I was talking to the cabinetry installers yesterday, and the husband was saying that our walls are amongst the straightest he's seen. He said they did our neighbour across the road, and they had to cut custom packers all through the house to make the cabinetry fit, and that it their consistency is such that he stopped installing kitchens and bathrooms for them as it was too much work, and money lost to make everything fit
Drew01
excited_builders
Week 12 update

Lock up will be percentage completion based. Have they plastered inside yet? That's normally in fixing, on percentage, if it's done, then they've reached a milestone.

What area is your build in? I've never picked that one up from any of your posts... Your block is huge, I've got side setback envy!

Yes they have finished plastering inside n done the cornices....now they are doing window n door skirtings.

We r in glen waverley and our block is about 750.

Where r u building?

excited_builders
Yes they have finished plastering inside n done the cornices....now they are doing window n door skirtings.

Where r u building?

We're in Parkdale, on nearly 900 sqm, but a 16.5m frontage - yours looks like 20+?

Drew01
excited_builders

Where r u building?

We're in Parkdale, on nearly 900 sqm, but a 16.5m frontage - yours looks like 20+?

I'm pretty sure mine is 16 but there is a slight angle of 6.6 before the side fence...so probably looks longer.

Missed updating for a few weeks
So far we have render complete, Cabinetry complete our main door has arrived and it's fixed but still to be stained.

excited_builders
So far we have render complete, Cabinetry complete our main door has arrived and it's fixed but still to be stained.

Wow lots has been done! It is coming along really well. Congratulations! 😀
shokel1975
excited_builders

Wow lots has been done! It is coming along really well. Congratulations!
Thanks Shokel1975!

excited_builders
shokel1975
excited_builders

Wow lots has been done! It is coming along really well. Congratulations!
Thanks Shokel1975!

Your looks absolutely massive from the side view

Wow your house is powering along!
dulie
Wow your house is powering along!
Yes thanks dulie...although not much has been done in 2 weeks as our SM left and a new one has joined. The new Sm has to takeover the file and will then schedule the tasks remaining.

An update...the new SM has provided some updates on errors that need to be fixed after his walk through with his QA boss. He listed things like some bloating in bathroom walls that need to be fixed, the brick outside a window needs to be taken out and re bricked, the waterproofing needs to be done on balcony and portico and some of the outside mortar to be redone as there are some gaps n holes in some places. He still got the go ahead for painting of the rest of the house. Brickies will be revisiting next week to sort some of those issues with the bricks and mortar.

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum