Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Starting our KDR journey Metricon Glendale 50

Page 1 of 10
Hi everyone, we are just starting on our knock down building journey and have been researching this for a few months now (and revisiting our decision from a few years ago) and just came across this app and Forum.

Any advise or links to useful topics for us will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

So now we have the initial deposit paid and have received a letter from M with our My metricon user name and passwords...though its been a week and no one has contacted us for any soil tests...maybe a week is too soon...so will wait and see what happens.

Good luck with the build
I am building the doulton.
Have signed the final contract waiting for final variations.
Yet to recieve the my metricon login
But to tell the truth I probably do not need it.
I drive past the site everyday to work so I will be able to see what is happening.
The glendale seems to be very popular on the forums.
stanus
Good luck with the build
I drive past the site everyday to work so I will be able to see what is happening.
Hi stanus...the login has nothing in it yet...but received it early! So you are definitely not missing much....

stanus
Good luck with the build
Hi Stanus
How is your build going? I just finished Electri cal n exterior.
Now have interior tiles n pc signing

excited_builders
stanus
Good luck with the build
Hi Stanus
How is your build going? I just finished Electri cal n exterior.
Now have interior tiles n pc signing

Stanus...quick question did u use alawyer before signing final contract? Also how long after yout studio m apmts was your final contract?

An update on our build....we have signed off final electrical, colours, plans and 2nd soil test is done. We have received council approval, completed demolition and we have an eleectrical pole on site. We r now awaiting final contract price and variations and hoping for an end April site start. Ita been pretty slow since 1st week of Feb which was our contract signing day. Our 1st deposit was paid in July 2017. How long did u all take from 1st deposit to site start? The wait seems endless and we havent even started building yet!

Must be exciting with light at the end of the admin tunnel, and great to have the demo all sorted. Good luck with the site start.
r_13
Must be exciting with light at the end of the admin tunnel, and great to have the demo all sorted. Good luck with the site start.
Yes its is....thanks....where r u with yoir build? Hows it going?

excited_builders
r_13

Signed the "Estimate - PC" yesterday to lock in all the options, so the documents and our deposit will go to head office this week. Soil tests organised by M have been arranged for tomorrow. Potentially I should start my own build thread soon
r_13
excited_builders
r_13

Signed the "Estimate - PC" yesterday to lock in all the options, so the documents and our deposit will go to head office this week. Soil tests organised by M have been arranged for tomorrow. Potentially I should start my own build thread soon
I still have not figured out how to start my thread and update only in that section

r_13
excited_builders
r_13

Ok did u make any changes to the layout....we only added the master downstairs option to replace the living area, added doors to the rumpus in terms of structural changes inside.

We made a few little changes, mostly to use up space that we thought was 'wasted' in the standard floorplan. For example, we decided that we did not want 'walk-in' linen cupboards, so in their places we made larger pantry/Butlers and added a walk-in robe to one of the upstairs bedrooms. Also increased the garage width to make a workshop space.
Hi All
We received our final plans and contract variation. There was still one Provisional Figure which my CSC said will be only sorted at final settlement.
We got contacted by the Building Support Coordinator who advised our temp fencing is due to arrive on 3rd May.....Yay!
For those with private inspectors when do u send the final plans to him ....is it as soon as u get it and is that review part of the 1st pre pour slab inspection check or is it a separate cost?
How long does it take to start on site and approx when is the 1st Invoice received from site start....just so I can be organised with my bank.

An update from us....our temp fence went up on yesterday and the portable toilet is in too. So excited....now have to check in with our BSC on when will the site start be.

That’s great! Things are happening for you 😀
Action on-site! Awesome.
And we were just informed that site start is 9th May.....Yay!!!

Hi All For all those that have completed their independent inspections, do we get charged each time you send a new set of revised plans to the inspector. What is normally expected to be the costs on top of the inspections...is there a cost associated wirh reviewing your plans, soil tests etc....once they r finalised?

Also what did u send to yhe inspection company before pre pour inspection stage

quote="excited_builders"]Hi All For all those that have completed their independent inspections, do we get charged each time you send a new set of revised plans to the inspector. What is normally expected to be the costs on top of the inspections...is there a cost associated wirh reviewing your plans, soil tests etc....once they r finalised?

Also what did u send to yhe inspection company before pre pour inspection stage

[/quote]

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum