Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler Homes Catalina 23 - Oran Park

Page 8 of 19
Portofino38
CW_L
Agreed! I think we were quoted an extra $7k-$10k for square set.
We only upgraded our ceiling height to 2590 so settled for the 75mm Cove. Wanted to upgrade again to 2740 but it was too late by then and they were going to charge us another $7k (including fees).
We wanted 55mm initially but colours consultant said it would look out of place.

Yep us too!! We only got the 2590 ceiling! I wish we upgraded to 2700...makes a huge difference. !

As we didnt get our pricing up front it was super hard to budget for everything else.. yea absolutely! especially since were only building a single storey
CW_L
Portofino38
CW_L
Agreed! I think we were quoted an extra $7k-$10k for square set.
We only upgraded our ceiling height to 2590 so settled for the 75mm Cove. Wanted to upgrade again to 2740 but it was too late by then and they were going to charge us another $7k (including fees).
We wanted 55mm initially but colours consultant said it would look out of place.

Yep us too!! We only got the 2590 ceiling! I wish we upgraded to 2700...makes a huge difference. !

As we didnt get our pricing up front it was super hard to budget for everything else.. yea absolutely! especially since were only building a single storey
I know! So frustrating that not everything at selections had confirmed pricing.

:/

How nice would square set be! And we too wanted the 2700 ceilings but settled with 2590, oh what I would do with an endless budget!
Hi Fowler Fam!!

I have an aerial shot of our home!

And bricks have arrived and are starting tomorrow!
Will keep you all updated!!

Oh my gosh! What a fantastic shot, how did you get that?
And hooray for the brick laying, can’t wait to see how it all looks!
Lara21
Oh my gosh! What a fantastic shot, how did you get that?
And hooray for the brick laying, can’t wait to see how it all looks!
My husband used his drone

Wow that is very cool!!!
Super excited about the brick laying to begin!
We've got bricks around one side of the house just as the site supervisor promised

Amazing!! How exciting, so happy for you guys!
Lara21
Amazing!! How exciting, so happy for you guys!
Thank you! Im pretty happy with the brickwork so far!

Yay! Sounds like you both have great SS!
I hope we get someone who delivers!
Have you guys encountered any difficulties or problems as of yet?
So far so good, hopefully it stays that way! Hope you get a good SS too!
Yay! Construction plans came in today! time to go through with a fine tooth comb.
Any tips on what i should look for?

CW_L
Yay! Construction plans came in today! time to go through with a fine tooth comb.

How exciting!!!

Look at ALL room measurements, door measurements and window placings etc!

Try to visit display homes and compare the sizes as per your plan to get a real life feel for the size as well.

Make sure you are 100% sure before signing off!

Good luck

Awesome will do! I've already noticed a couple of small things with accessory placements.. even after I was told this would be rectified. Did you guys receive Final Documents? With upgrade changes etc. I was hoping we would be looking over it too. I have friend who is building with Eden Brae and they received final docs, and they had put the wrong item number for their floor tiles!
CW_L

Congrats!! I went over everything with a fine tooth comb as you said and the only thing I had found was the laundry changes we made at the kitchen appointment weren't made. Portofino38 gave good advice too!
Awaiting my HIA contracts to come through!

How does the first home owners grant work? will my broker do that for us?
Yes your broker will look after that and should be able to guide you ☺️
Hopefully your contracts don’t take long!
Our second storey bricks have started

Fantastic! Your house is huge!

They should be finishing our tiling Monday/Tuesday, then architraves and painting 😊
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum