Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Building with Valeco in Brookhaven Estate

Page 16 of 17
This week all the little stuff happened that makes the finishes feel a bit wow!

Absolutely in love with our home and it was so amazing to turn the lights on for the first time today!

Ensuite - how long is the bench !

Robes

Kitchen

Main bathroom

Love the carpet too
It looks so gorgeous! not long now at all, hope the days fly by for you
It looks beautiful breebarter, the splashback in the kitchen looks great with the appliances in šŸ˜€ are you happy with it? So exciting to see it all come together.
Tashmc
It looks beautiful breebarter, the splashback in the kitchen looks great with the appliances in
are you happy with it? So exciting to see it all come together.

Thank you
look, the splash back turned out as best as it could I think, considering the circumstances. It didnā€™t turn out as I imagined in the beginning but Iā€™m not unhappy with it. Lol
It all looks so lovely! Not long now until keys šŸ˜
Woooooot! You'll probably be moved in before we are! haha SO exciting! Everything looks fabulous! <3
wow you guys must be nearly ready to move in! What's the dishwasher photo about? lol

meanwhile loving your ensuite
4 weeks left

Donā€™t judge me hahaha! It was the only photo I had of the dishwasher, Iā€™m just excited to have one lol

Thanks gr8ly canā€™t wait to have a shower under that rain head!
lol breebarter dishwashers are the best!!! although you will start to have arguments about who's turn it is to unload it each time haha

yeah loveeee the rain shower head.. we are getting one for our ensuite too
PCI TOMORROW

Anything to look out for?
wow! how exciting... hope everything is awesome when you move in... check out this guide. Costs $4 though. http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/ and some info here http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/building-or- ... g/handover
How exciting another step closer to being in your beautiful new home
gr8ly
wow! how exciting... hope everything is awesome when you move in... check out this guide. Costs $4 though. http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/ and some info here http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au/building-or- ... g/handover

Thanks gr8ly! So close
Awesome Iā€™ll check those out. We have a friend who is a builder coming because unfortunately we didnā€™t get an independent inspector.

Although everything that we could see needed patching or fixing was done this week so hopefully all is good and not much needs to be done
perfect! i'm sure they will know what to look out for

independent inspectors cost a bit more for PCI anyway, so you'll be saving a bit of money. It seems like you've had a really smooth build... which tells me you probably don't need one. i wish we had the same experience, that's why we organised one.. too many question marks.
gr8ly
perfect! i'm sure they will know what to look out for

independent inspectors cost a bit more for PCI anyway, so you'll be saving a bit of money. It seems like you've had a really smooth build... which tells me you probably don't need one. i wish we had the same experience, that's why we organised one.. too many question marks.

I have said to my fiancĆ© the same thing. If there were things that we were initially worried about I may have been a little more concerned but Iā€™m feeling okay about it.

Though I do think they might have forgotten my fly screens and sliding stacker screen doors. Easy fix though.

Hmm. Yes Gr8ly better to be safe then sorry. Hope things are progressing for you a little quicker now
i'll let you know haha - going to visit over the weekend and peer through every window. We are still waiting to hear what they will do with our solar panel and staircase. but yay for PCI
you'll have to report back with how it went. another drone photo

I haven't used my drone in ages, cause my mobile is on the way out, so im scared the drone will drop from the sky as im using it. My phone is unpredictable at the moment.
gr8ly
i'll let you know haha - going to visit over the weekend and peer through every window. We are still waiting to hear what they will do with our solar panel and staircase. but yay for PCI
you'll have to report back with how it went. another drone photo

I haven't used my drone in ages, cause my mobile is on the way out, so im scared the drone will drop from the sky as im using it. My phone is unpredictable at the moment.

I do think that Valeco have found them selves in the deep end with custom builds, they should have stuck to what they were good at. Turn key builds. Itā€™s a shame really.

Ah! Our drone we havenā€™t used it in ages, maybe we will go out on Saturday and take some photos/footage. Would love to take some 360 degree footage around the house, and Iā€™m sure the estate looks a lot different now too.

I only just thought yesterday though that we are going to have a very long time of early morning wake ups and building around us, plus our dog is going to bark so much at trades next door. Left side is only at frame stage and right side hasnā€™t even started lol
hopefully they are only 3 months or so. If they are a coral or metricon build it will be done in no time

Meanwhile we are one of the last houses left on our street still building. And i think the house behind us is about to start. And agree with you.. if they struggle with custom builds, they should stop selling and building them. We had a plan already designed with GJ gardner, but last minute decided valeco based on our consultant and his excitement of having our house built. It was a smaller house, but it had a lot of quirk about it. But then he quit a couple of months after we signed the contract, and its been rocky ever since lol.
Unfortunately we are already having troubles with Integra homes on the right and the other is Bella homes so who knows lol.

Hmm. GJ are expensive but their houses are beautiful. I think if I was to build again I would love to go with plantation, again expensive but worth it the second time round I think

hmm no idea about those builders. The Bella display home we went into was a bit off i thought. GJ would have been cheaper for us - regretting it a bit now. But Valeco gave us more freedom for customisation. Really like plantation display homes, but i found that everything was an optional extra. Although they do have quick build times.
Related
28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ā¤ļø

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum