Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Metricon Doulton

Page 13 of 15
Absolutely gorgeous!
House looks very grand. Just like the display house

Renman
House looks very grand. Just like the display house

Looks amazing. We weren’t allowed to have a provincial design in our estate.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Been very busy lately and have not had a lot of time to browse homeone.

today we had PCI.

We should be a month away from getting the keys although there is a delay with the gas install.

However the inspection was great. I expected it would be a half a day process but apart from some minor issues it finished in an hour.
The SS is great on the ball all the time and had done most of the job for me.

Also Monday I had NHI inspect.(still waiting for their report) but between them myself and the SS we should have most of the visual issues done.

I took some photos (not a comprehensive list) just a peak at the features of the build.

Below are these:

Entrance

Entry Lounge room

Downstairs Powder/Laundry

Laundry

Staircase

Left Butlers/Forward Kitchen

Kitchen Bench

Family Room Fireplace

Family Room

Balcony looking up

Staircase from above

Looking into Master

Balcony doors

Upstairs Powder

Still a few things to do.

-Rectification of paint issues
-A couple small tile issues
-they forgot to pull out the 5.1 spk cables both in the rumpus and upstairs plus HDMI cable
-one led strip under kitchen bench not working
-adj. front door handle
-appliance install
-Drive way cement pour

Getting an outside contractor to do the carpet. Waiting for them to give me a time to install,
however chose
Victoria Carpets Windy Peak - Bisque which is 100% wool.

So still some work to be done but getting close now.
So shiny
Love it!
looks gorgeous!

I was wondering what it cost you to upgrade lower level ceiling height to 3.0m and upper floor to 2.7m?

Thinking of doing the same to our planned Whittaker 41 build
r_13

I will have to wear sunglasses inside
sock
looks gorgeous!

I was wondering what it cost you to upgrade lower level ceiling height to 3.0m and upper floor to 2.7m?

Thinking of doing the same to our planned Whittaker 41 build

Downstairs from 2550 to 3 meters was just under 17k
Upstairs from 2550 to 2.7M was 4.7k.
Do I recommend it? Yes!
Had another visit to the house early this week and got the opportunity to take some more pictures of the bathrooms and kitchen which I had not taken during the last visit.

Kitchen Bench (waiting for the glass splashbacks)

Master Bathroom

Ensuite 2

Ensuite 3

Ensuite 4

Next week we should get the concreting done around the house as some small items are rectified inside.
stanus
Had another visit to the house early this week and got the opportunity to take some more pictures of the bathrooms and kitchen which I had not taken during the last visit.

Kitchen Bench (waiting for the glass splashbacks)

Master Bathroom

Ensuite 2

Ensuite 3

Ensuite 4

Next week we should get the concreting done around the house as some small items are rectified inside.

Looks great. Did you request the step up in the main en-suite?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Yes I did request it.
I saw it at the la Pyrenee display just as it had opened and when I went to see the salesperson during one of the early meetings,
I requested if it could be done.

A pic from the La Pyrenee step up

and my example

the only small issue is the bath tap.
A couple of weeks ago the bath I had chosen, was discontinued and was requested to pick another bath.
I did chose a better bath, but did not think of the height of it.
So now the bath tap is slightly covered by the lip of the bath, but luckily goes not foul on it so you can open
the tap without an issue.
stanus
Yes I did request it.
I saw it at the la Pyrenee display just as it had opened and when I went to see the salesperson during one of the early meetings,
I requested if it could be done.

A pic from the La Pyrenee step up

and my example

the only small issue is the bath tap.
A couple of weeks ago the bath I had chosen, was discontinued and was requested to pick another bath.
I did chose a better bath, but did not think of the height of it.
So now the bath tap is slightly covered by the lip of the bath, but luckily goes not foul on it so you can open
the tap without an issue.

It’s looks so nice with the step up. We have our tap on the wall. Which is awkward. But now hubby wants to get it changed like what you have. As we saw them at the home show. Much better idea

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I was one of the first things I changed on the plans.
I thought to myself.. here you are in the bath and the water is getting cold.
With the tap on the far wall you have to get out of the bath turn on the hot water turn it off then get back in.
By that time you might as well finish the bath and be done with it.
With the tap close by you just turn it on and enjoy the hot water.
That's why in the meeting with the sales person I requested it and was present with the first draft plans.
stanus
I was one of the first things I changed on the plans.
I thought to myself.. here you are in the bath and the water is getting cold.
With the tap on the far wall you have to get out of the bath turn on the hot water turn it off then get back in.
By that time you might as well finish the bath and be done with it.
With the tap close by you just turn it on and enjoy the hot water.
That's why in the meeting with the sales person I requested it and was present with the first draft plans.

Yeah it’s better that way. I think we have to get the one with the built in tap. So much easier.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
stanus

today we had PCI.

We should be a month away from getting the keys although there is a delay with the gas install.

However the inspection was great. I expected it would be a half a day process but apart from some minor issues it finished in an hour.

Also Monday I had NHI inspect.(still waiting for their report) but between them myself and the SS we should have most of the visual issues done.

I took some photos (not a comprehensive list) just a peak at the features of the build.

Below are these:

Entrance

Entry Lounge room

Laundry

Staircase

Kitchen Bench

Family Room Fireplace

Family Room

Balcony looking up

Staircase from above

Looking into Master

Balcony doors

Upstairs Powder

-they forgot to pull out the 5.1 spk cables both in the rumpus and upstairs plus HDMI cable
-adj. front door handle
-appliance install
-Drive way cement pour

Getting an outside contractor to do the carpet. Waiting for them to give me a time to install,
however chose

That is great. We are going to build Doulton 56 by metricon too. Can you please advise how much did the porcelain tiles cost? They estimated 40k for us. Thanks mate.
SDAHIYA117
stanus

today we had PCI.

Below are these:

Entrance

Entry Lounge room

Laundry

Staircase

Kitchen Bench

Family Room Fireplace

Family Room

Balcony looking up

Staircase from above

Looking into Master

Balcony doors

Upstairs Powder

-adj. front door handle
-appliance install
-Drive way cement pour

however chose

That is great. We are going to build Doulton 56 by metricon too. Can you please advise how much did the porcelain tiles cost? They estimated 40k for us. Thanks mate.

My Tile costs were 94K. At prelim contracts my tiles were also 40k.
And even when sales knew what I wanted it was after contracts were finished and tile selections happened that I knew the final costs.
Be aware however the tiles in my build not only cover the floors but also go
(bedrooms/toilets) go all way to the ceiling. The display had no tiles in toilets 2/3/4 and bathrooms 2/3/4 had them at 2.1 meters high. Also to drop costs the display had tiles which were plainer in the bathrooms.
I took the tile cues from the old Bordeaux Display which used the same tile in all locations to give the look of opulence.
stanus
SDAHIYA117
stanus

today we had PCI.

Below are these:

Entrance

Entry Lounge room

Laundry

Staircase

Kitchen Bench

Family Room Fireplace

Family Room

Balcony looking up

Staircase from above

Looking into Master

Balcony doors

Upstairs Powder

-adj. front door handle
-appliance install
-Drive way cement pour

however chose

My Tile costs were 94K. At prelim contracts my tiles were also 40k.
And even when sales knew what I wanted it was after contracts were finished and tile selections happened that I knew the final costs.
Be aware however the tiles in my build not only cover the floors but also go
(bedrooms/toilets) go all way to the ceiling. The display had no tiles in toilets 2/3/4 and bathrooms 2/3/4 had them at 2.1 meters high. Also to drop costs the display had tiles which were plainer in the bathrooms.
I took the tile cues from the old Bordeaux Display which used the same tile in all locations to give the look of opulence.

Thanks for the reply.

Wow! 90k is alot. I will have my internal appointment on the 16th of this month. So let's see how it goes. They ( Sales person in Metricon) advised that they would adjust the price. How much did they adjust for you ( Normal tiles vs your porcelain tiles) Also, can you please advise how much they charged you for Driveway? i am not sure if its included in the base price or not.Thanks in advance mate:)
stanus
Doulton777
Looks amazing. Those doors would have cost you a fortune

viewtopic.php?t=86597

D777

a small fortune, yes.

how much extra were the doors if you don't mind me asking? I can't find them on Humes website anymore not sure if they're discontinued or a specialty order item
"Thanks for the reply.

Wow! 90k is alot. I will have my internal appointment on the 16th of this month. So let's see how it goes. They ( Sales person in Metricon) advised that they would adjust the price. How much did they adjust for you ( Normal tiles vs your porcelain tiles) Also, can you please advise how much they charged you for Driveway? i am not sure if its included in the base price or not.Thanks in advance mate:)"

Good Luck with the appointment.
Mine was done over two days.
External and electrical one day
the next day internal.
I took four Pandol tablets for the first meeting two for the other.(that's for the headache I got after them) i.e. information/decision overload
The adjustment was very small about 6k if I recall. Considering the final cost was what it was that amount was insignificant.
The driveway which was in an aggregate was about 7.5k. Drive ways are not inc. in base price.
betterman
stanus
Doulton777
Looks amazing. Those doors would have cost you a fortune

viewtopic.php?t=86597

D777

a small fortune, yes.

how much extra were the doors if you don't mind me asking? I can't find them on Humes website anymore not sure if they're discontinued or a specialty order item

Here is a link for the doors

https://www.windowsanddoors.build/Products/DoorsFixings/EntryPivotDoors/Matisse.aspx

the doors were just above 12.5k for the pair including Pittella door hardware
I had to do the upstairs the same also, so double the above.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum