Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Metricon Doulton

Page 11 of 15
stanus
jsmi,

the cornices are 90mm USG Boral -New York

the skirtings are Hume 135 x 18mm Hume Replica.

the ceiling drops are in the hall way, Kitchen, Dining and Living and upstairs in the Main bedroom and WIR1 and 2.
indicated below in yellow

Apart from the hallway the ceiling drops are non standard additions to the home and quite costly.

On another note we had the stairs put in today (still not finished as handrail is missing) but below are a couple of photos.

the balustrades are a no cost upgrade to the display homes balustrades, which do not have the scrolls.

We paid over $6000 for our balustrade. Looks amazing by the way.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Beautiful stairs stanus 😍
Doulton777
stanus
jsmi,

the ceiling drops are in the hall way, Kitchen, Dining and Living and upstairs in the Main bedroom and WIR1 and 2.

Apart from the hallway the ceiling drops are non standard additions to the home and quite costly.

On another note we had the stairs put in today (still not finished as handrail is missing) but below are a couple of photos.

the balustrades are a no cost upgrade to the display homes balustrades, which do not have the scrolls.

We paid over $6000 for our balustrade. Looks amazing by the way.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

thanks D777 / shokel1975
I have said it before - the curved staircase of the Doulton is the showpiece of the houses design.
stanus
jsmi,

Very true. We thought the same thing. I can’t remember if you said your getting the same chandelier?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
not the same one as the display.
Couple of pages back I had a pic of a chandelier I really liked.
Will make up my mind after handover.
Some questions about demolition:
1. I know we need to abolish Gas and electricity service. How about water and telephone/NBN?

2. Do you organise the underground electricity pit by yourself or Metricon do it?

3. Do you need to extend your vehicle crossing?

Thanks.
1. I know we need to abolish Gas and electricity service. How about water and telephone/NBN?

Do not abolish water is it is needed during demolition and construction.
I only had telephone/foxtel in my case so I enquired with Telstra and foxtel if they could do it. they said I will
need to call a telecommunication installer. When I talked to the demo company they said they will take care of it.
And they just cut the cables. Simple and did not have to pay for another person to do the same.

2. Do you organise the underground electricity pit by yourself or Metricon do it?

Metricon did it for me and even though the electricity pole is in front of the house it was quite expensive

3. Do you need to extend your vehicle crossing?

No as your crossover is dictated by the council. You cannot arbitrarily make it bigger yourself. However before demolition
you will need to get a asset protection from the council for damage to council assets i.e. footpaths and crossovers.
stanus
And they just cut the cables.

This is the reason why NBN doesn't work properly, people cutting cables and leaking NBN out all over the ground everywhere!
we had a small delay that cost us a week with some of the internal doors not turning up.
Had to also reselect my kitchen sink as it had been discontinued. Selected the Smeg UM4545.

These following pictures are from the previous week.

front lounge room looking to the doorway niche

staircase

staircase niche

downstairs powder room

laundry

living room opposite kitchen

dining room looking to front

Master Bathroom

Upstairs Living room looking from Master

Staircase from upstairs

Upstairs Powder

Ceiling of front portico downstairs

Alfresco ceiling

looking west from a bathroom window (I just liked the sky, pity about the dirty window)
stanus
we had a small delay that cost us a week with some of the internal doors not turning up.
Had to also reselect my kitchen sink as it had been discontinued. Selected the Smeg UM4545.

These following pictures are from the previous week.

front lounge room looking to the doorway niche

staircase

staircase niche

downstairs powder room

laundry

living room opposite kitchen

dining room looking to front

Master Bathroom

Upstairs Living room looking from Master

Staircase from upstairs

Upstairs Powder

Ceiling of front portico downstairs

Alfresco ceiling

looking west from a bathroom window (I just liked the sky, pity about the dirty window)

Absolutely beautiful stanus 😍
thanks shokel1975
Love all the little details. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Last week and leading into this week the floor/wall tiles and some bench tops were done.
Had to reselect my bathtub as the one at selections has been discontinued.
(this is the fourth time I have had to reselect items as they had gone out of stock.
I did not mind though as I upgraded the bath tub to more deluxe model.)
It is still work in progress as some tiling remains.

Some images are dark as there is no lighting and I am using a camera phone.

Hallway

front lounge looking out

Study

Downstairs Powder room (note the brick bond tiling like the display upstairs powder room)

Laundry

Butlers Pantry

Kitchen island bench (work in progress)

Rumpus ( i.e. storage area)

Kitchen/lounge plus hallway

Lounge room

Master ensuite

Bath Step up (note the tile reveal on the window surround-special thanks to Vuster for alerting me to them
as I would not have noticed them in the Bordeaux Display)

Master Ensuite shower/toilet

Powder room Upstairs

Ensuite 2

Ensuite 3

Ensuite 4

Plenty of work still to be done as fixing stage is been completed and completion is the next stage.
Status your house is going to look awesome when it's completed.

Your study, rumpus and lounge looks different as you can only the frame of the opening window.

Beautiful Stanus! Loving those tiles.... but gee, I’d hate to see your tile bill!!!!
Renman
Status your house is going to look awesome when it's completed.

Your study, rumpus and lounge looks different as you can only the frame of the opening window.

Thanks Renman, a lot of the ideas I got was reading your posts and vusters which opened up my eyes to what can be done.
shokel1975
Beautiful Stanus! Loving those tiles.... but gee, I’d hate to see your tile bill!!!!

thanks Shokel1975

last time I calculated it was in the mid 90's.
stanus
shokel1975

thanks Shokel1975

Oh my gosh!!
stanus
shokel1975

thanks Shokel1975

What is your total build cost?

Renman it is 1.1m. No wardrobes no carpeting and no landscaping in that, as I will do that after.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum