Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 29

Page 16 of 17
everything looks so great ahhhh. you have such a great eye, and i don't know how you have two little ones running around, it looks like a display. Love the hints of mustard in your bedroom with the lamps and bed. and damn i forgot your ensuite had those doors , so gorgeous

yep shutters are so pricey hey. My mother got two windows at the front of the house down a few years back and it was so $$$, they really dressed the place up though, i need to to talk her into doing the rest of the lounge room to match now haha.

I'm hoping all the stuff we have bought so far works well with everything. I'm just excited to have the house finished so we can build the PAX system hahah, organizing it isn't high on my list though
CC7
everything looks so great ahhhh. you have such a great eye, and i don't know how you have two little ones running around, it looks like a display. Love the hints of mustard in your bedroom with the lamps and bed. and damn i forgot your ensuite had those doors , so gorgeous

yep shutters are so pricey hey. My mother got two windows at the front of the house down a few years back and it was so $$$, they really dressed the place up though, i need to to talk her into doing the rest of the lounge room to match now haha.

I'm hoping all the stuff we have bought so far works well with everything. I'm just excited to have the house finished so we can build the PAX system hahah, organizing it isn't high on my list though

The mess cannot be seen in my photos 😁 i made sure the tonnes of kids toys were hidden from view πŸ˜‚

Oh i only just finished our pax wardrobes... they took FOREVER!!!! I did 6 in total - not fun, but it was rewarding seeing them done and knowing we did them ourselves.
We are missing the corner sections as they are sold out and not back in stock until August πŸ˜’ have fun putting yours together. How many sections do you have?

I'm sure shutters are alot cheaper now than they used to be - but still such a pricey option.
We are using sheers and roller blinds in our other 3 bedrooms as they were a couple hundred bux cheaper than the shutters.
Dylandbrooke
CC7

The mess cannot be seen in my photos 😁 i made sure the tonnes of kids toys were hidden from view πŸ˜‚

Oh i only just finished our pax wardrobes... they took FOREVER!!!! I did 6 in total - not fun, but it was rewarding seeing them done and knowing we did them ourselves.
We are missing the corner sections as they are sold out and not back in stock until August πŸ˜’ have fun putting yours together. How many sections do you have?

I'm sure shutters are alot cheaper now than they used to be - but still such a pricey option.
We are using sheers and roller blinds in our other 3 bedrooms as they were a couple hundred bux cheaper than the shutters.

we are doing 4 of the larger pax sections and then the small 50cm in the middle. We love putting that stuff together, but this one may be a more difficult one... we shall see haha

ikea can be bad with not having stuff in stock! my partners parents had an ongoing issue with that and it drove his mum up the wall haha. We only purchased some of our PAX system when they were doing a spend and save deal, so hopefully we have no stock issues when we need the rest after we get our keys

My partner was keen on block our rollers, i had been thinking of sheers after seeing them last month so when i saw your post I showed him and he likes them. Sheers for the day, rollers down at night, best of both worlds

the build is just going way too fast haha, i feel like we arent organised yet even though we have a lot of stuff inside sorted, i laughed and told my partner we have like 10 canisters, tupperware, cutlery, cushions and covers for the spare bedroom and ours, guest towels (not ours haha), pans, but we haven't bought our plates yet hahaha. i feel the first things you need are a bed, forks and knives, and plates. at least we have 2/3
So, how have the last couple of weeks gone?
Did you hear back from the developer about the front yard?
Have you started the pool yet?
bestspecials

The past few weekends have been super busy for us. Hubby put some easycraft easyascot panels up in the hallway as it seemed so empty and echoy, and I wanted to add some character - I love them... but alot of people dont! We're not completely finished yet, so i wont post photos until it's all painted.
Our rendering of our planter boxes and mailbox will be finished this weekend - i'm waiting for our front mailbox faceplate to arrive... it's taking its sweet time getting here. We're at 2 weeks already!
Pool has been dug! Form work and steel was put in today... now just waiting for the concrete to be put in and then we can start on our retaining wall at the front.. We did get approval for the use of slate stacked stone concrete sleepers. Yay.
Waiting for our neighbours to put up the dividing fence. Ducted aircon to be installed on 25 June!
Still so much to do... and one month till our baby is due!!!!
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

The past few weekends have been super busy for us. Hubby put some easycraft easyascot panels up in the hallway as it seemed so empty and echoy, and I wanted to add some character - I love them... but alot of people dont! We're not completely finished yet, so i wont post photos until it's all painted.
Our rendering of our planter boxes and mailbox will be finished this weekend - i'm waiting for our front mailbox faceplate to arrive... it's taking its sweet time getting here. We're at 2 weeks already!
Pool has been dug! Form work and steel was put in today... now just waiting for the concrete to be put in and then we can start on our retaining wall at the front.. We did get approval for the use of slate stacked stone concrete sleepers. Yay.
Waiting for our neighbours to put up the dividing fence. Ducted aircon to be installed on 25 June!
Still so much to do... and one month till our baby is due!!!!

Not sure what the panels are, but looking forward to seeing photos.
You have been busy.
And, you guys have so much coming up. I don't know how you are doing it.

Can I ask how much they charged for your rendered gardens and mailbox out the front. We are getting quotes.

Got an email from SS today and tentative PCI is 18 July. Aagh!!!!!!
bestspecials the guy charged $50 an hour and around $500 for materials. He'll do the rendering this weekend - hopefully it'll only take a day, which means it would have cost us a little over $1800.

Congrats on PCI date!!!!! That's only next month! I cant believe you're almost all doneπŸ€— so crazy how fast they've built your home.
I googled the easycraft easyascot panels and they will add a nice feature to your hallway. We have huge artwork that I will hang in the hallway. We have had it for 20 years and hubby says it won't go, but I think it will. Have posted on my page.

The price for the rendered garden beds is great. I have seen some ridiculous prices out there.
I will definitely give him a ring.
bestspecials
I googled the easycraft easyascot panels and they will add a nice feature to your hallway. We have huge artwork that I will hang in the hallway. We have had it for 20 years and hubby says it won't go, but I think it will. Have posted on my page.

The price for the rendered garden beds is great. I have seen some ridiculous prices out there.

Yup he (Jamie) is pretty good. Hubby helped him dig the footings and make up and pour the concrete to save him getting in a labourer to save us money, so it might be a little bit more expensive. Hopefully not too much though 😊
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials

Yup he (Jamie) is pretty good. Hubby helped him dig the footings and make up and pour the concrete to save him getting in a labourer to save us money, so it might be a little bit more expensive. Hopefully not too much though 😊

My hubby is a groundsman so he can be pretty handy sometimes.
I can't wait to see you and bestspecials front gardens!
Brooke, did you at all happen to get a photo of your kitchensplash back before it was grouted? My brain is still stressing out on whether to go the lighter grey or the darker grey grout. And your photo may help since you have the same stone colour as us

I'm paranoid the herringbone pattern will look EXTRA busy with the darker grey, and maybe the lighter grey wouldn't take away from the marbling as much

ugh, this kitchen splashback will be the death of me i swear haha
CC7
Brooke, did you at all happen to get a photo of your kitchensplash back before it was grouted? My brain is still stressing out on whether to go the lighter grey or the darker grey grout. And your photo may help since you have the same stone colour as us

I'm paranoid the herringbone pattern will look EXTRA busy with the darker grey, and maybe the lighter grey wouldn't take away from the marbling as much

I dont have a photo, sorry. Just checked my photos and... nothing.
Eeeek i hear ya with the greys.... i think I'd go with the lighter grey for both.

Ill be doing our laundry splashback (same marbley brickbond tiles as our kitchen) in the lighter grey grout... can change it more easily if you decide to change to darker grout afterwards.

Excited to see your herringbone tiles 😍 they'll look stunning!!!!
Dylandbrooke
CC7

Eeeek i hear ya with the greys.... i think I'd go with the lighter grey for both.

Ill be doing our laundry splashback (same marbley brickbond tiles as our kitchen) in the lighter grey grout... can change it more easily if you decide to change to darker grout afterwards.

that's true about changing it to darker later on!

I think after my post to you i was 70% set on the light. lets just hope our tiler actually contacts us before he starts, and doesn't have a problem with getting the lighter grout even though the darker one is ready to go haha. I think it will be safer going with the lighter grout, and it will still show off the herringbone lay

thank you for your help
CC7
Dylandbrooke
CC7

I think after my post to you i was 70% set on the light. lets just hope our tiler actually contacts us before he starts, and doesn't have a problem with getting the lighter grout even though the darker one is ready to go haha. I think it will be safer going with the lighter grout, and it will still show off the herringbone lay

thank you for your help

Our tiler contacted us and checked our grout colours
hopefully yours does too!

Its all personal preference though... i love the look of this photo you took.

Dylandbrooke
CC7

thank you for your help

omg i think my browser lost my reply to this! it was so long too . it was something along the lines of

'as soon as i had replied to you, i went through my saved photos and started to like that darker grout again haha! this whole thing is ridiculous, its a grout colour. Im paranoid the photo I took in beaumonts is a different grout colour, or the in store lighting is making it seem lighter, and also the grout lines seem wider than the norm??' worried ours could turn out darker than that

i cant remember what else i rambled about... oh i said that our original tile selection was those marble herringbone tiles, but it was way too expensive for us, so this is the tile the woman suggested. So really the darker grout would really make the herringbone pattern the focus

still paranoid that the tiles, with herringbone WITH the darker grout would make it look busy or heavy. but also, all our cabinets are white, and we will have a darkish timber dining table, with black legged kmart stools under the kitchen bench, and also those glass feature doors like you have will be stained dark (pantry next to the kitchen) so maaaaybe the dark grout wont look so heavy after all??

i think maybe i have to take a risk and i'll either nail it, or i'll f it up and at it will be a reference for future people wanting to do it in herringbone? lol

i was hoping the tiler would have messaged us today so we could get this over with. im stress eating over this, it's so damn silly lol. need to get this sorted... so i can start obsessing about roller blind colours HAHA.
CC7
Dylandbrooke
CC7

thank you for your help

omg i think my browser lost my reply to this! it was so long too . it was something along the lines of

'as soon as i had replied to you, i went through my saved photos and started to like that darker grout again haha! this whole thing is ridiculous, its a grout colour. Im paranoid the photo I took in beaumonts is a different grout colour, or the in store lighting is making it seem lighter, and also the grout lines seem wider than the norm??' worried ours could turn out darker than that

i cant remember what else i rambled about... oh i said that our original tile selection was those marble herringbone tiles, but it was way too expensive for us, so this is the tile the woman suggested. So really the darker grout would really make the herringbone pattern the focus

still paranoid that the tiles, with herringbone WITH the darker grout would make it look busy or heavy. but also, all our cabinets are white, and we will have a darkish timber dining table, with black legged kmart stools under the kitchen bench, and also those glass feature doors like you have will be stained dark (pantry next to the kitchen) so maaaaybe the dark grout wont look so heavy after all??

i think maybe i have to take a risk and i'll either nail it, or i'll f it up and at it will be a reference for future people wanting to do it in herringbone? lol

i was hoping the tiler would have messaged us today so we could get this over with. im stress eating over this, it's so damn silly lol. need to get this sorted... so i can start obsessing about roller blind colours HAHA.

Lol my browser has refreshed itself at times and ive lost photos and paragraphs too! So annoying!!!!😧

I think that you need to go with your gut - or go for what you first liked! There's a reason why you liked it πŸ˜‰ i think both greys would look good. When do you get your tiling done?
Dylandbrooke
Lol my browser has refreshed itself at times and ive lost photos and paragraphs too! So annoying!!!!😧

I think that you need to go with your gut - or go for what you first liked! There's a reason why you liked it πŸ˜‰ i think both greys would look good. When do you get your tiling done?

we are hoping for a call this week. but no idea, but surely its this week

dark grout at the moment. hope we meet with him soon before my decision gets hazy again
We are doing pax after handover as well. I'd love to see some photos when you have time
Tash801
We are doing pax after handover as well. I'd love to see some photos when you have time

Hi Tash
My wardrobe doesnt look complete at the moment as im missing the two corner sections - they've been sold out for months and arent in until the end of August (last time i checked) if i show you pics it looks unfinished. But let me know if you want to see anyway, and ill shoot some pics for you 😊
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum