Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 29

Page 9 of 17
great process so far! Really looking forward to the rest coming together.

That's so strange about the roof tiles! Let's hope they are just dirty, that would bug me
Dylandbrooke
We have walls!!! Today they're sanding and next week the brickies start.
We are getting plantation blinds in our lounge and master bedroom, so they're being measured up on Monday to be made.
Super happy with how its looking!

Just a note for you re ordering blind just as yet... my customer service support person told me not to measure or order anything for windows until the architraves have been installed as there can be a bit of difference in mm and even cm between the way wood part of window sizes are at this point of built and after the architraves have been done... apparently they had issues with people doing measurements and ordering blinds and then blaming Coral LOL ... anyway, just a thought
... they're finishing our windows and installing doors next week so I'm hoping I can do my measurements then
Artfromhart
Dylandbrooke
We are getting plantation blinds in our lounge and master bedroom, so they're being measured up on Monday to be made.

Just a note for you re ordering blind just as yet... my customer service support person told me not to measure or order anything for windows until the architraves have been installed as there can be a bit of difference in mm and even cm between the way wood part of window sizes are at this point of built and after the architraves have been done... apparently they had issues with people doing measurements and ordering blinds and then blaming Coral LOL ... anyway, just a thought
... they're finishing our windows and installing doors next week so I'm hoping I can do my measurements then

Totally agree all our windows are a few mm smaller than on plans
so annoying ...

Artfromhart
Dylandbrooke

Oh i didnt even think of that :/
The guy that come out and measured didnt say anything... maybe ill just insult him and say his measurements were wrong lol just kidding πŸ˜“ he'll be installing them as well 🀷
Dylandbrooke
Artfromhart
Dylandbrooke

Oh i didnt even think of that :/
The guy that come out and measured didnt say anything... maybe ill just insult him and say his measurements were wrong lol just kidding πŸ˜“ he'll be installing them as well 🀷

maybe get him to remeasure after the architraves, just tell him you have a feeling some might have shrunk "-)
bestspecials
We didn't go in. That wouldn't be right. We stood up on the vacant lot behind and you can get a really good look from up there.

Did you ask about the roof tiles? We are having the same colour roof, gutter and fascia. I didn't even realise. Weird!!
bestspecials
bestspecials
We didn't go in. That wouldn't be right. We stood up on the vacant lot behind and you can get a really good look from up there.

Did you ask about the roof tiles? We are having the same colour roof, gutter and fascia. I didn't even realise. Weird!!

We did ask about the roof tiles. Our SS thinks they might have just been dirty - just like you said. He couldnt see though because it was raining.
Ha thats funny! Great minds think alike πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ at least you can see exactly how your roof is going to look 😊
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials
bestspecials

We did ask about the roof tiles. Our SS thinks they might have just been dirty - just like you said. He couldnt see though because it was raining.
Ha thats funny! Great minds think alike πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ at least you can see exactly how your roof is going to look 😊

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
We're now locked out, and we hate it!!!!!
But, that also means we're progressing.
Front render has been done, garage door is on, bricks are done, cornice, skirting and architraves all done, kichen and bathroom cabinets are in, shelving in pantry and cupboards are in, all internal and external doors are in also!
We've had some drama with our roof tiles - which are different colours, Bristile have offered to paint the roof but we're asking for a new roof. We'll hear something next week hopefully.
We also had a bit of an issue with our main bathroom. We were supposed to have a half NIB wall which divides the shower and vanity, but the builders put in a full wall instead. Spoke to our SS who (though by the sounds of things) was going to seek a refund (which i didnt want) but instead went out and fixed it himself. Justin - he's honestly the best!
So in love with our kitchen - not in love at all with our bathroom cabinets though. Actually really dislike them 😣🀷

Looks terrific. I actually love your bathroom cabinets, especially how they look like timber. I am sure you will like it once they are finished.
Good luck with the roof, stick to your guns. πŸ˜€
Wow you will over take us soon
we are still not locked out, maybe this week
I love your cabinets in bathroom and how the grain runs
wait until bench tops are on it makes a huge difference

What are you taking about? Those bathroom cabinets look great
they have matched the grain well too, I’ve seen others where the person obviously doesn’t give a sh**t and it just looks off lol

It will all come together when the bathrooms are done.

So glad he is fixing the full walk to a half wall, I wouldn’t have settled for a refund either, will look way better opened up

I’m hoping the roof situation goes your way
bestspecials cc7 browndog77 oh thanks guys! You've given me hope! I pray they look how they looked in my head when they're all done. At the mo, all i see are zebra stripes🀀
In other news, met the tiler today. He's getting started. Can't wait to see the tiles done in the wet areas! Beaumont forgot to deliver the splashback tiles for the kitchen 😣
There were some guys there doing the downpipes too!
Make that 3, I think the cabinets will (do) look mint, the timber look will soften the tiled environment. Hard not to second guess selections, but have faith. Worse case scenario is you can replace them one day if you really feel they are no good, but doubt it will come to that 😊
gillybean
Make that 3, I think the cabinets will (do) look mint, the timber look will soften the tiled environment. Hard not to second guess selections, but have faith. Worse case scenario is you can replace them one day if you really feel they are no good, but doubt it will come to that 😊

Thanks, Im feeling alot more optimistic now. 😊 And yes I do agree - if i still hate them, i can change them or have them painted πŸ˜‰
Wet area tiling done this week. We're very happy with the guys that did our tiling - it looks great. Im not loving (again), my dark tile choice lol 🀷.... hopefully it'll grow on me! The tiler offered us an upgrade to our drain covers which look a whole heap nicer than the standard silver ones Coral gave us. $50 each (a bit pricey) but he decided to do all 5 of them for $200.

Our SS has set our PCI date for 25/4 which gives us a handover date of the 4th of May!!!!!! It's literally just around the corner! So excited!

In other news.... heard nothing about the new roof yet 🀷

Looks terrific.
Shame that you haven't heard about the new roof.
PCI on Anzac Day, that is so close.
bestspecials
Looks terrific.

Oh.... i wonder if our SS has made a mistake πŸ€” he actually told us 25/3 for a meeting (which was yesterday) so we went and he never showed. When he replied, he told us he made a mistake and the meeting is for PCI and is supposed to be 25/4.
Dylandbrooke
bestspecials
Looks terrific.

Oh.... i wonder if our SS has made a mistake πŸ€” he actually told us 25/3 for a meeting (which was yesterday) so we went and he never showed. When he replied, he told us he made a mistake and the meeting is for PCI and is supposed to be 25/4.

Probably won't be Anzac Day, but might be the day after. At least it doesn't look like they are trying to cram everything into a small amount of time. It should be all done in 4 weeks.
how much better does that half wall look in between the shower and vanity!

your bathroom is looking fantastic. We chose a dark floor for ours, and i've been second guessing our choice, but yours looks wonderful. I'll have to go back and see what yours is called and compare it to the one we chose
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum