Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Home Questions

Page 4 of 5
Oh yes we got that termite thing too
Do you know hiw much the inspections is that we need to do every year to keep warranty?
haven't looked that up yet but im expecting a couple of hundred
Hi All. Anyone ever had an issue with Building your garage right on the boundary? surely if you have council approval it shouldn't be an issue? Feedback would be great.
Hi , what kind of issue? Neighbours? Dont think they legally can do anything since its on your part of it. Only thing they can do is refuse the excess to build from their sude wich is fine and means that the bricks on their side is un tidy and they have too look at it. More information will help about this.
Where are you building?
Did you what problems do you have? Council? Neighbours?
No problems as such yet, for one the Neighbours haven't settled on there land yet, so should be fine anyway, just thinking of all possibilities. Hopefully it will be done before they start there build anyway.
Building in Mount Barker
NAh dont stress they cant do anything:) as long as its on your side if the boundary you will be fine. If you both will start build soon you will be okay, problems usually comes if a lot has been empty for a while between allready build houses. But both new should be fine
normally no issues on boundary but of course you cant control what happens on the neighboring block
eg my slab sits high on my block but the neighbors slab is cut low resulting in my slab being around 10cm higher than theirs
due to a higher fall on their block than is on mine i assume.
end result my slab sits about 10cm higher than theirs and they will have to remove soil from against my garage wall when they do their paths/concrete
Thanks for your help, Much appreciated. Final Contract signing next week, then hopefully the build will start sooner rather than later given the delays with Council ETC. Now comes the stressful bit haha
Hi All. When do you have to pay for your variations? Is it at the end, or when it matches up to the stage that is being completed?
End , but if not valuated yet for loan you might need to pay in $$ for the short fall if what you add doesn’t put up the value / if it goes iver standard valuation vslue for area
Hi All, Build is coming along now, up to gyprocking. How long does it take from here until completion from everyones experience?
1st of feb gyprock was done, pci was 27 April
Good luck with your build post some pics !!
Yeah I am hoping for a similar time frame!
Just wondering what the rough cost is for the concreting of the path around your house and driveway? Obviously a lot varies, but what were peoples rough costs?
How did everyone keep themselves sane when waiting for their house to be done? This waiting game is so hard
Also, What was the rough cost of peoples driveway and perimeter pathing?
I am going crazy!
Shopping for the house is helping me with feeling like I'm doing something (cushions, rugs, batten fix lights etc). And I'm starting to pack up. September is way too far away!
phantom18
How did everyone keep themselves sane when waiting for their house to be done? This waiting game is so hard

Nawsome
I am going crazy!
Shopping for the house is helping me with feeling like I'm doing something (cushions, rugs, batten fix lights etc). And I'm starting to pack up. September is way too far away!
phantom18

Unfortunately I am more than likely going to be October, its becoming a real struggle!
I do keep telling myself that next year it'll be a distant memory
phantom18
Nawsome
I am going crazy!
phantom18

Unfortunately I am more than likely going to be October, its becoming a real struggle!

Hi All, Do you have to do your storwater before the concrete paths around the house go down?
Related
8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

23/05/2023
Demolition Questions

Building A New House

We had this happen to us last year and got charged a variation. Try and give away as much as you can that is usable to charity otherwise if you are in Sydney I have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum