Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Statesman, Greenock MKII

Page 7 of 15
Flushing all finished.. And doors, cornices and skirtings were all delivered today. Ive emailed Statesman for a rough idea of completion date, so hopefully we get a reply 😁
We got a reply and the house should be finished mid-end November apparently. Yay! Super happy 😊🙌
nice. plenty of time to be settled in before christmas. that was a quick build - slab was only down in early august wasnt it?
Wow! In for Christmas

We probably wont get keys until early December I think because they will need to do all the little fix up things, but yeh will be so great to be in just in time for Christmas and my littles ones 2nd birthday. The slab was poured on August 9th, so yeh it will be around 4 months, which from all the reading I have done is pretty standard for Statesman/Hickinbothom 😊
Doors were installed today, so i guess that means we are at lock up stage!
All the cupboards were delivered today.. I hope they are installed tomorow, i cant wait to see what they look like. The cupboard door colour was the one selection that I struggled with because the options were so limited. Hope it looks ok 😁
seeing the kitchen put together i think is a major milestone as its the most used room in the house - so much other activity revolves around the kitchen.
I love seeing the photos of people's kichens come to life! Make sure you post loads

What colours did you go with in your kitchen Sarah? I had a quick look but can't find if you mentioned your selections

Cupboards: Formica, Sarum Grey
Benchtop: Laminex, Pure Mineralstone, Diamond gloss finish
Paint: Taubmans, Gemini Silver
Vinyl floors: Premier Range, Milky Way
Splashback: White, subway layed tile

I think thats pretty much all the kitchen selections, I will put some photos up as it comes together 😊
Sounds awesome
Cant wait to see it
All of the cabinetry was installed today! Luckily someone was still at the house doing waterproofing this arvo when I arrived, so I was able to go inside for a look 😊

All of the benchtops are covered and taped down so I could only get a photo of a little bit

Theres not a whole heap of cupboard space in the kitchen, but the pantry is really big so I dont think it will be a problem
Looks great! Mine is just parchment gloss and same benchtop
Skirtings were done yesterday, theyre pretty sad skinny little things haha upgrading the skirting and cornice wasnt a priority for us, so we will deal with it.
Now that the house is getting close to finished we need to start booking in retaining, fencing, concreting and someone to level the block. I really have no idea what is a good price for these things... Ughh not looking forward to it. Has anyone used RWI?
We will skinny ones too
Dble post
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum