Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom design with Fresh homes

Page 1 of 3
Long time follower of Homeone now starting my own thread. we are building at Fernbrook Ridge Estate, Redbank Plains with Fresh homes. The reason for going with them is "Custom Design". We should be more excited to start our building but we are just having so many issue with the builder
. I am starting this thread for the people who wants to build with them in future. I found it hard to look for reference for fresh homes as they are not very big and new builder. Hope this thread would be a little help to the people who wants to build with them.

Our Timeline:
Land Booking: October, 2016
Deposit paid to Fresh Homes: April, 2017
Land Registration: 15th of June
Contract sign: 26th of June
Colour Selection: 5th of July
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/pete_28/20170728_1957341_zpszbdciamc.jpg
It took long to learn 'how to upload a photo"

Our colour selection:
Brick: Frost
Front Render: Bone Beige (Taubman)
Roof: Colorbond Monument
Gutter, Facia: Night sky
Garage Door: Timberlook "Caoba"

Hey peter good to see your thread go up! The first couple of photos don't load

I like your colour choices, they are quite similar to what we picked out. The bench and cabinets are very similar, as are the basins and tapware!

Are you just waiting on council approval now or?
Yeah, it took me a while to learn how to upload a photo
the photos are from photobucket, may be that's why it's not working. I am trying to give my plan again

In plan, it's showing bed 5 but it's going to be a study room
allblaqk
Hey peter good to see your thread go up! The first couple of photos don't load

I like your colour choices, they are quite similar to what we picked out. The bench and cabinets are very similar, as are the basins and tapware!

Are you just waiting on council approval now or?

Hi allblaqk, thank you. No we are still waiting for our variation to come back. Actually after signing the contract we are going nowhere! Builder is giving different prices for everything everyday. They said they will do covenant application first now they are saying they need to do working drawing first. And for working drawing they need all the variations. They are not giving any price clearly. We have got our soil test. They are saying we need E slab, that's why trying to charge us $7500 more but in quote they are saying it's just for piering. They are not mentioning $7500 for E slab. When we asked they said that's what the owner said! It's happening with everything. They have got very poor customer service and they are not honest!
That sucks
Hopefully they can get their sh*t together and give you the variation.

I like your floorplan, the alfresco is really generous. All the best for your build, I have subbed to your thread since we are practically neighbours
Oh i just see you've added some more photos, I have contemplated some of those same tiles
You have good taste!
Haha...thanks. I would like to see your home finish so I can have idea how it's gonna look.
Hope everything sorted out soon , so can start our building. Building house is already stressful, I don't want anymore stress😣
Peter112
Haha...thanks. I would like to see your home finish so I can have idea how it's gonna look.
Hope everything sorted out soon , so can start our building. Building house is already stressful, I don't want anymore stress😣

I'll invite you around to our housewarming

Hopefully once you get out of the admin stage and into the actual build it gets less stressful for you.
We would love to come for your housewarming. Your house is building pretty quick and all of your selection are great. Cheers😀
Frontage bit like mine I added a front deck

I love that! somewhere to sit and have a cuppa and enjoy the sun!
Hi Buildingnanna,
Thanks for sharing your photo. Your facade is really nice, it's very similar to us 😀 we also would like to do deck for our porch and alfresco.
Peter112

Nice floor plan. Love the open plan Kitchen and the layout of your bedroom!

Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum