Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1st home build Clearview SA with Hickinbotham

Page 4 of 7
Drove past today quickly and the block was a hive of action. Several tradies on site and a big truck delivering the sand pile for brickies which was blocking my view of exactly what was happening. I was in a bit of a hurry so didn't stop to talk. Exciting seeing things happening on the weekend. Perhaps they're aware like i am of this opportunity of nice weather before the rain later next week..

All ready to go!

Guy T
All ready to go!

Wow, looks organised for lots to happen tomorrow

By the time i get to the house after work it's dark these days. Pleased to see a bit of the wall done.

Looks like they've been busy today. Love the dark brick

Bit more happening today inside and out. Bricklayers said as the was only two of them it might take a couple of weeks to complete. Funny color bricks at the front is because we're having that part rendered anyway.

Yeah, we've been told 1 1/2 weeks to get bricks up. And doesn't help that Monday is a public holiday. But once those bricks are up, you are so far ahead on the inside

Guy T

Cruising along now and getting close to lock up stage... Neighbour has started their trenches for footings.. love the colour of our brick. Not long now!

Love it. So exciting to see it look like a house
Have you met your neighbours yet?

Nawsome
Love it. So exciting to see it look like a house
Have you met your neighbours yet?

We've talked briefly to the existing house neighbours in the street and talked a bit on the phone to building neighbour.

Wow that’s come along quick, looking good 👍
Looks like neighbour's about to get slabbed....

Wow lots happened today. Neighbour got slabbed and cabinets were delivered. Previously they said 6 weeks till handover when cabinetry goes in so getting real close now. Seeing cabinet color confirmed our choice selections. Love it!

How exciting to see the cabinets.

That’s so exciting!! Can’t wait to see it in 😊
Bit more progress today. Starting to look like a kitchen and bathroom..

Gorgeous. Love the dark colour

Well we're now locked out and can only peer through windows for photos. Looking good though. Love our kitchen.

Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum