Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a new house and doing the flooring myself what's th

Page 1 of 1
I'm building a new house with Domaine Homes but I opted out of the comfort pack as we want to do timber flooring. Have you done that before? What's your experience?
nextdoorguy
I'm building a new house with Domaine Homes but I opted out of the comfort pack as we want to do timber flooring. Have you done that before? What's your experience?

Hi, I am looking at doing the same. Did you end up doing your own flooring after handover? If so, was it a good experience? Who did you use for flooring?
We are doing the flooring ourselves. Found costs through builder way too expensive compared to what we could get done privately. No significant issues yet, however as house has not been handed over yet the flooring is not yet complete.
The only issue thus far has been the skirting. We agreed with builder to not install skirting, but in they argued that they could not just leave the skirting sitting around and installed it anyway. This will now have to be removed (carefully) after handover.
jencal
nextdoorguy

Hi, I am looking at doing the same. Did you end up doing your own flooring after handover? If so, was it a good experience? Who did you use for flooring?

I used Floor Gallery in Castle Hill. They removed the skirting, there’s some rework you have to do but not much. I’m happy so far.
nextdoorguy
jencal
nextdoorguy

I used Floor Gallery in Castle Hill. They removed the skirting, there’s some rework you have to do but not much. I’m happy so far.

Thanks for replying. Good to hear that you’re happy doing it that way, I’ll check out Floor Gallery.
Suggest checking your slab is level per your proposed flooring installation specs. Otherwise you will incur additional costs to make level.
Norfolk
Suggest checking your slab is level per your proposed flooring installation specs, and at a minimum to Australian standards. Otherwise you will incur the additional costs to make it level.
Related
7/02/2024
Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

Building A New House

Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum