Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home - Simonds Fairview

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

My partner and I are building the Simonds Fairview in the SE suburbs of Melbourne. It appears no one else has made a thread on building the Fairview previously so I may as well in case anyone has questions in the future.

Our build has started for our home with slab hopefully being completed by the end of this week!
The journey to construction has been rather quick as we found a titled block back in March. We did have some minor hiccups with the vendors party delaying settlement but it managed to go through on the fourth date set by them. Luckily, this has been our only minor delay and fingers crossed the build goes smoothly to squeeze in being in by Christmas!

The block is on a corner and we purposely chose the Fairview due to being a bit thinner to other homes we were looking at and allowing some running space/backyard along the side of the house for our energetic 11 month old German Shepard Dog.

We chose the Berkley facade and will render apart of the front. We replaced the cladding on the standard berkley facade and replaced with windows. We have flipped the back part of the house from the standard plan, due to wanting our living areas and alfresco facing north. We have moved the linen closet from where it was originally near bed 3 and 4 and placed in the laundry, which gave us the opportunity to make the WIP larger. Other then this we did not change much from the standard floor plan.

Simonds Gallery was a jam packed day but we had so much fun picking everything. My head was ready to explode by the end that I forgot to get good photos of everything. We did manage to get one photo of most colours minus the bathroom and laundry tiles. We are nervous and excited at the same time to see our selections on a larger scale! Hoping everything comes together nicely.

We currently work and live 35-45 minutes away but I will endeavour to go down once during the week when I do an earlier shift at work and no doubt once frames go up my partner will be more inclined to go and check everything out on the weekend as well. So I am hoping for two visits a week. Just quietly I would go down every day if I could!!

Block:

Floor plan:

Facade:

Week 1:

Went out for a visit today and had them on site!!

I took a drive out after work today and we are officially slabbed and frames are well on their way!! Impressed considering we have had atrocious weather this week.

Also forgot to add our colour selections photo last post so here we go..

We are kicking ourselves we didn't get more decent photos during Gallery day. Still have our little samples to look at, I guess!!
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum