Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Timer (Built By Momu @ Calleya)

Page 15 of 17
Congratulations! 🎉
Day one on the block:

- Cut out front of yard to suit driveway - so much sand!
- Formed up all the edges, ready for next weekend
- Ripped out master bed shelving in robes
- Sealed all walls in house
- Started cutting holes for downlights in ceiling

Very productive first day.
I’ve been reading your thread for quite a while and wanted to congratulate you on handover. Your place looks great and will look even better once you’ve finished her off

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
aphsta
I’ve been reading your thread for quite a while and wanted to congratulate you on handover. Your place looks great and will look even better once you’ve finished her off

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059

Thank you! Will be really good to see it all finished
Day 2 on the block:

- downlights installed throughout
- first coat of paint almost complete

Was super handy having a few extra hands today and we managed to get a lot of painting done. This second coat is going to take a lot longer with just the 2 of us 😔

Hoping we can finish painting by Tuesday night. NBN are coming out tomorrow to install all our connections and we should be able to sort out internet out from there, which means our alarm and cameras will be ready to work.
Congrats mate, you're straight into it!
Day 3 on the block:

- patched up all walls
- second coat of paint applied to all bedrooms and bathrooms

Big day of painting tomorrow, should be able to get close to finishing. Picking up our flooring and our fridge is getting delivered! Yay for cold beers
Congratulations..I have been following your blogs . Happy for you guys...
Amazing work on the painting! So much easier to do before all the stuff is in.

Day 4:

- Second coat on almost all remaining walls, just the hallways remaining as I've had to patch them a couple times.
- picked up flooring
- fridge delivered
- concrete supplies delivered

Tomorrow will see us finish the painting and clean the entire house, as well as floor prep.
If you can paint a whole house in four days I might hire you to do mine

tinkster
If you can paint a whole house in four days I might hire you to do mine

Been a pretty good effort, but no chance we could have done this so quickly without help over the weekend. Probably would have taken us the full week on our own haha
Day 5 & 6 consisted of

- painting being completed
- Laundry door lock mechanism being replaced
- skirting delivered
- flooring started
- walk in robe cabinets put together

Going to compact the driveway tomorrow, ready for the concrete to be poured on Saturday morning and hopefully finish the flooring. So happy seeing all of our colours working together!
Day 7 consisted of more flooring and some furniture being delivered. The living and dining are done and part of the Kitchen too. Driveway being poured tomorrow and hoping to finish the Kitchen and Theatre flooring tomorrow, possibly the rest of the hallway depending on how we go for time.

Day 8 consisted of the driveway being poured over the course of the morning. Concrete rocked up an hour late so that was a pain, however the colour is looking good. We got a bit more of the flooring down however it has taken much longer as there as so many cuts required in the Kitchen
the door frames are proving to be quite tricky and tedious but we are slowly getting there.

We removed a lot of the cutting in/out from our kitchen design to suit flooring and quad. We have heard that some installers cut the door frames so that the flooring slides underneath rather than cutting around, eek.... Steady progress has its rewards, you get things done your way.
Day 8 and lots of work completed I see, Looking great!

Where did you source your flooring from? great choice in colour!
sparky_JsP
Day 8 and lots of work completed I see, Looking great!

Where did you source your flooring from? great choice in colour!

Thanks mate! I dealt with 'Carpets and Floors at Yours' as they were a small local business around the corner from our house. Great to deal with and good pricing too. Also held our floor stock for us until we got our keys, so that was really nice of them.
Day 9 and our last day off before going back to work. The driveway got washed back, exposing the beautiful stones. I'll swing past after work tomorrow and seal it which will slightly change the colour. Finished the Theatre flooring too and we are very happy we decided to continue the vinyl through as it makes the rooms feel more connected and larger.

Next weekend we will be back to finish the flooring in the hallways and our bedroom, install the skirting and then build our robe fitout.

Flooring is gorgeous! Is it vinyl or laminate?

Driveway looks great too. You’ve done so much in a short time!

Related
29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

9/08/2023
Built-in Shelving

General Discussion

Strong enough for what? For linen, absolutely. To climb on, no. I've got similar shelving in my garage and it holds a decent amount of weight. 900 wide shelves will carry…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum