Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Arden homes Votivo 37 in South East

Page 1 of 27
So keeping a time line for my records and just as the forum has helped me it might help someone new.

The one thing I learned from this forum is that all builders when it comes to building are the same - choose a Private building inspector ( compared to the cost of your build spending around $2000 is worth every penny and even much less for a single storey home) , the floor plan and inclusions that suit you when you decide - The most important person in building process becomes not the Company but the Site Supervisor as you will notice on various forums across homeone -

Most importantly just reject the surveyor your builder gives. U have the right to choose your own Surveyor but again adds a financial burden so easier choose their surveyor and do a private inspector depending on budget.

1. if you get a good SS who rectifies the things as pointed out by your private building inspector the building process goes on nicely and stress

Land contract in Cranbourne East - 18/07/16 - expected titles April 17 - delayed to August 17.
Compliance given for land on 21/08/17 and has gone to title office.
Land titled on 30/08/17. Settlement on 13/09/17.
Asset Protection permit on 13/09/17.
Finance approval on 14/09/17.
Things left - Developer Approval ? - 22/09/17
Building Permit? 13/10/17

Taps on site - 25/09/17

Soil test report - 28/09/17 - has come back as H1 - the report was dated 21/09/17 - happy that I have site costs fixed and also my builder includes almost everything like electricity, water connections with it - Have not been charged anything other than what was noted as fixed costs.

Site Start date: 01/11/2017 - a good thing and they do the site cut on 31/10/2017 because it is good weather and the rain is forecast for 01/11/2017 - a good initiative
Piers - 03/11/17
Power on site - 13/11/17
Plumbing - 14/11/17
Slab Pour - 17/11/2017

Frame shortage and also framers shortage delays Frames

Frame started - 31/01/2018
Frame completed - 15/02/2018 received invoice and booked for private inspection on 19/02/2018

Frame approval by DJM given on 05/03/2018 - I paid the invoice on 24/02/2018 but technically the frame is only completed if signed by Surveyor-
More dramas - Kevin from NHI does pre-plasterinspection 23/03/18 and notices around 18 issues related to frame - some of them r structural- I then ask DJM for their inspection reports.
Kevin then writes to DJM about the issues he found and questions them how they granted frame approval - DJM send their inspectors again around 1 or 2 May and mark all the areas to reinspected - so now waiting for DJM got submit their inspection and what things they have asked to rectify plus Arden also has rectify issues raised by Kevin because Arden’s engineers have also stated Kevin is right.

So they cut plaster and they cut hebel because DJM had to sent inspections after Kevin told DJM.

The important thing is Arden is fixing the stuff pointed out.

Gutters and roof started - 15/02/18
Roof completed on 19/02/18

22/02/18
Whirlybird, Eva unit, plumbing and electrical looks like r done

27/02 - ground floor wrapped
28/02/18 - ducts installed

Roof remaining over rumpus and Alfresco - 01/03/18 completed
02/03/18 - complete House wrapped up
Day 1 - Hebel
06/03/18 - tradies working for hebel installation
Day 2
07/03//18 - Hebel for ground floor has started

14/3/18 - scaffolding goes up to start hebel on first floor
14/03/18 - insulation also delivered
15/03/18 - insulation completed both levels
16/03/18 - Hebel delivered for first floor and they made it ready to install
17/03/18 - Hebel partially done on first floor - both sides done

21/03/18 - temporary front door and garage doors fitted. All frames for cavity slider r in except for rumpus looks like it is broken. Outline for spa done

23/03/2018 - Pre-plaster inspection booked for around 1500

02/04/18 - first coat on first floor hebel

05/04/18 - Eaves done all around House.

06/04/18 - plastering started

Lock up - 12:04/18 Invoice received

16/04/18 - Cornice done but Alresco remaining

20/04/18 - Staircase put and All doors delivered

Cornices and skirtings done, doors fitted

07/05/18 - 09/05/18 — water proofing started for first floor screening done on ground floor shower

12/05/2018 - back to frame stage to fix around 18 issues related to frame stage since 04/05/18

Fixing - kitchen cabinets and vanities dropped off on 16/05/17 and fixing of them started on 17/05/18
Waterproofing and fixing inspection booked for 21/05/18.

Tiling - started 12/06/18 and finished 29/06/2018

04/07/2018 - Tiles have gooped-

05/07/18 - Stone benchtop installed.

PCI -

Handover - 25/10/2018

Building Quote with Arden homes for Votivo 37 - 3/8/16
Signed our building contract on 09/06/17

Initially looked at building a home on 14x32. But we liked the floor plan and the room size of Vot 37/Aegan 280/Colorada 37. The promotion by Arden was the best plus their standard inclusion and they were flexible with floor plan changes than others. So, we went ahead and bought a 12.5x33 - which meant our delay in deciding the floor plan and location of the lot - costing us $10,000 dollars more for land - for the same money we could have got 14x32 initially.

Arden were flexible with the dates and also allowed us to do 2 colour browse - the first one despite lurking on homeone for a long time - we were a bit puzzled by what to look. Second browse went good because after first browse we went to display homes and noted the things down. So we found second colour browse much slower and easy whereas first went like a whirlwind.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88622ered.

the same tiles r used at Wollert display homes

Floor tile for entrance living/dining, Rumpus, kitchen, pantry and laundry - heartwood walnut gold range Beaumont tiles 300x600

For Wet areas -

Floor/wall tiles - Belga Ivory Matt and Shine for wall
Roof gutter fascia down pipes and windows - monument colour

Kitchen/ pantry over head cabinets

Kitchen cabinets

Bathrooms - cabinets

External facade render colour/ balcony colour - Malay Grey
Render to other parts - tranquil retreat

Garage door colour
What facade are you building? Love the colour picks
was belga also an upgrade?

geminithinker
What facade are you building? Love the colour picks
was belga also an upgrade?

Belga is standard inclusion 450x450 tile

Facade is the kingston - a tiny balcony but still a balcony with river swan jarrah stained timber posts upgrade rather than standard painted. Too late but should have gone with the free option - hebel rendered rather than stain timber posts and saved some dollars and gives a much better look
H
The floor plan included big WIR for our princess and our prince too got a bit big WIR obviously the princess got a big big WIR
Bed 3 is 3700x3900 plus wir 1500 width and length 3700
pEast
The floor plan included big WIR for our princess and our prince too got a bit big WIR obviously the princess got a big big WIR

Looks great PEast, forgot how much bigger the living area is in 37!

Love it! And the front door! We are going with timber pivot too. Will need to match door to timber cladding and timber post.

Ezza78
pEast

Looks great PEast, forgot how much bigger the living area is in 37!

in Vot 37 - Theatre is a bit short length wise so making the living/dining around 8720 but the width is 1 metre less than vot 43 -
You won't even miss that 1m because it's a bit of a void area where you can't put furniture ect. I think the bigger width of living and dining will look great, ours is even less 7.3 as we had to take 80cm off floor plan of the 47. Your plans look great. When does your build start?

Ezza78
You won't even miss that 1m because it's a bit of a void area where you can't put furniture ect. I think the bigger width of living and dining will look great, ours is even less 7.3 as we had to take 80cm off floor plan of the 47. Your plans look great. When does your build start?

There was stupid overlook and wastage of money in thousands on the ground floor shower - cost me an arm and a leg and I think not worth it - Initially it was 900x1500 then at tender they asked whether it can become 1800 and I said ok - forgetting I wanted more width - 1200width and 1400 length - the money I could have saved would have got me upgraded gold range tiles laid in all wet areas too. After tender when I wanted to rectify he shower dimensions they said too late for structural change and would cost around $1400 for drawings and admin fees to proceed -
Ezza78

Land is to title 2nd week of August
Related
31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum