Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Help/Advise for drainage pit/grate in driveway crossover

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Any had or know of anyone having beautiful
drainage pit/grate in driveway crossover. Any chance you can move it? or what are my options

Also, when we purchase the land (we are on land house package) where they mentioned all the easement around it, that beutiful drainage pit is never mentioned there...
.. and they just mentioning it now after settlement and nearly starting the build.. can i go against the builder on it...

here is the location:
drainage pit crossover

Thank you..
counsel that you will be charged for, you can call council and ask them how to go about with the drainage you have a problem with, they will be able to point you into the right direction or give you the info you need but more than likely you will be carrying any charges that is associated with relocating it. regards to home and land packages, they do not own the land we had to find out all the information about the land they only connected us to the land owners, although it is marketed as a package. in the initial land contract there might be "small print" in the general contract talking about if it is situated on your land, but I don't think they have to mention it to you as you have to inspect the land before you buy it. (so they might wiggle out of this one saying it was your responsibility to inspect the land) but it is a question worth asking your conveyancer. good luck
thanks lovisa... when we signed for the land and package there was no actual site to inspect
.. the road hasn't built yet and the whole block is inaccessible during that time.. All we have are just documents plan of the whole block from developer where our blocks, what are easement and where the road are...and fully based on that .. anyway.. we'll try that on our convenyancer..

Chasing/challenging our builder would be my last option
.. I'll try to know first what are my normal options and all that stuff..
good luck👌🏻 Wherewill you be building?
Related
14/08/2023
150mm Garage Grate Drain

General Discussion

Had a new driveway installed with a 6 metre long 150 x 150 channel drain and have since found out it has 4cm of water sitting at the bottom below the side pipe…

7/04/2024
Storm water overflow pit, is this right?

Building A New House

Thanks for that, the PVC pipe is still about 40cm below ground level and it sticks out of the sand with no end cap or anything on it just open pipe, is this the finished…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum