Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Yarrabank Homes

Page 2 of 3
It is our forever home and because of this we were extra cautious of signing the contract without knowing anything about Yarrabank at all. It was a massive leap of faith and it has paid off however just be aware their finishing isn't amazing and their commonsense knowledge isn't there - example placing the towel rail 200mm off the ground? Placing bench heights low and putting a telephone point instead of a tv point and not picking up the error till it was pointed out. We also asked them to place an extra piece of wood where we knew we were going to put a tv bracket on and they were great about that. Also a tip I got was only put in the allocated lights and get any extra lights by an Elec later as they are cheaper. To make life easier place the lights in a spot that you want them so as an example, in the bedrooms we want 2 lights but only 1 allocated, so instead of it being in the centre of the room I had it placed on the left so when I get an Elec to come in to do the second light he isn't moving the original light and making extra holes and having to patch. He is just installing an extra light to the right. Does that make sense?
Hope all went well with your build with Yarrabank.
We were considering their Waratah 34 (beautiful display in Botanic Ridge) however we heard just this morning that they have closed their doors.
DUCKY
We were considering their Waratah 34 (beautiful display in Botanic Ridge) however we heard just this morning that they have closed their doors.

That would appear to be the case. Where did that information come from Ducky?
Found out this morning. Staff member we were dealing with confirmed he received notification (2nd hand) that he no longer had a job as of 4pm on Tuesday (May 9th)
DUCKY
Found out this morning. Staff member we were dealing with confirmed he received notification (2nd hand) that he no longer had a job as of 4pm on Tuesday (May 9th)

Not a nice way to find out you no longer have a job. I feel for the people who have signed up with them and will now lose their money 😟
bullatagate
DUCKY

Not a nice way to find out you no longer have a job. I feel for the people who have signed up with them and will now lose their money 😟

Yep, never good when this happens.
We were obviously lucky timing wise. I assume you hadn't got to the "signing and giving money" stage yet?
DUCKY
bullatagate
DUCKY

Yep, never good when this happens.
We were obviously lucky timing wise. I assume you hadn't got to the "signing and giving money" stage yet?

No we were still waiting on a final quote
Bullatagate .***IMPORTANT***
I hope you haven't signed with Yarrabank as yet.
We built with them and received handover 3 weeks ago. Although yes they were actually quite pleasant to deal with and listened to our issues, we had a few minor things needing rectified post handover and when attempting to contact my rep, building supervisor - anyone I got nothing.
Finally got through to Mark the owner and he advised me that the company is going into LIQUIDATION and that nothing will get fixed.
I feel for anyone half way through theor build with them. We're worried sick that there will be major issues arise with no assistance from Yarrabank.

In saying this, we still have nothing formal re liquidation, it was a verbal notice over the phone but it was from the owner Mark Pierce or Mark Goulding or whatever his name is.
DUCKY Ive just seen you beat me to it. Yep Yarrabank have gone into liquidation it seems.
We purchased the Waratah34 but customised it and gave it a weatherboard/render facade.
We've built in Botanic Ridge and made it to handover (a few weeks ago) but now worried we'll find major issues in the near future :/
Chad Banks
@Bullatagate .***IMPORTANT***
We built with them and received handover 3 weeks ago. Although yes they were actually quite pleasant to deal with and listened to our issues, we had a few minor things needing rectified post handover and when attempting to contact my rep, building supervisor - anyone I got nothing.
Finally got through to Mark the owner and he advised me that the company is going into LIQUIDATION and that nothing will get fixed.
I feel for anyone half way through theor build with them. We're worried sick that there will be major issues arise with no assistance from Yarrabank.

In saying this, we still have nothing formal re liquidation, it was a verbal notice over the phone but it was from the owner Mark Pierce or Mark Goulding or whatever his name is.

Thanks Chad, we were just in the planning stage of a custom design so had invested a lot of time in discussion. Our house plans won’t change as the design is our own but we will need to have them drawn up again with someone else.
Whilst you will have problems with warranty at least you have had handover. People who haven’t have an enormously difficult road ahead. Good luck.
Chad Banks
@DUCKY Ive just seen you beat me to it. Yep Yarrabank have gone into liquidation it seems.
We purchased the Waratah34 but customised it and gave it a weatherboard/render facade.
We've built in Botanic Ridge and made it to handover (a few weeks ago) but now worried we'll find major issues in the near future :/

I would be surprised if you experience MAJOR issues. They have a good reputation for building standards and I’m not sure that would change with the current situation. Remember that each stage had to meet inspections so most likely it will be ok. Cheers
Hi All I have spoken to the Insurance people and they were very helpful with explaining what happens now:

As soon as Yarrabank/Peirce(Mark)Gould is registered on the ASIC register as liquidation the insurance will take over to rectify any issues.
They have advised - take lota of phoots and document all that is wrong.
Then ask for quotes from trades to have these things fixed
Then forward all info to the insurance company and they will rectify.
time - 6 months
We were lucky we had handover in March and are up to our 3 month inspection with lots t fix.
Feeling for all those stuck in the middle!
Chad Banks
@DUCKY Ive just seen you beat me to it. Yep Yarrabank have gone into liquidation it seems.

Good luck with your house - as mentioned in another post, seems insurance should cover you (fingers crossed)
Obviously you were like my wife in that you've changed the facade. (I quite liked it but I was outnumbered 1 to 1)
We're actually building our Waratah 34 in Warragul so nowhere near Botanic Ridge. Would be interesting to see what you've done with the facade if you're prepared to post a photo or 2.
ReaBurns
Hi All I have spoken to the Insurance people and they were very helpful with explaining what happens now:

As soon as Yarrabank/Peirce(Mark)Gould is registered on the ASIC register as liquidation the insurance will take over to rectify any issues.
They have advised - take lota of phoots and document all that is wrong.
Then ask for quotes from trades to have these things fixed
Then forward all info to the insurance company and they will rectify.
time - 6 months
We were lucky we had handover in March and are up to our 3 month inspection with lots t fix.
Feeling for all those stuck in the middle!

Thanks Rea for the update. That provides a bit of peace of mind.
DUCKY
Chad Banks

Good luck with your house - as mentioned in another post, seems insurance should cover you (fingers crossed)
Obviously you were like my wife in that you've changed the facade. (I quite liked it but I was outnumbered 1 to 1)
We're actually building our Waratah 34 in Warragul so nowhere near Botanic Ridge. Would be interesting to see what you've done with the facade if you're prepared to post a photo or 2.

Happy to Ducky, but I apologise - I'm sitting in bed at the moment and these are the only ones on my phone! Driveway in next week etc, plenty of work to be done but our facade is definitely different from the display. All the best mate.

Chad Banks
DUCKY
Chad Banks

Happy to Ducky, but I apologise - I'm sitting in bed at the moment and these are the only ones on my phone! Driveway in next week etc, plenty of work to be done but our facade is definitely different from the display. All the best mate.

Thanks Chad.
Wow, that gives it a totally different look.
Best of luck with your build.
Regards, Ducky
Hi everyone. I am so sorry for what you are going through. We are local builders within the Casey, Cardinia and Baw Baw shires. We are in talks with a few people who are currently building with Yarrabank and looking for a local builder to take over and complete the construction of their home. Please contact me with any queries with respect to the completion of your home or building you a custom home from the conception stage. We would be happy to help in any way we can. Please don't worry too much. A builder can take over your build and complete it for you - your build is insured and it will be completed. I wish you all the very best. Please contact me if I can help in any way. Kind regards, Rebecca, Elite Building Services.
bullatagate
Chad Banks

Thanks Chad, we were just in the planning stage of a custom design so had invested a lot of time in discussion. Our house plans won’t change as the design is our own but we will need to have them drawn up again with someone else.
Whilst you will have problems with warranty at least you have had handover. People who haven’t have an enormously difficult road ahead. Good luck.

Hi Bullatagate - have you got your builder sorted now?
DUCKY

Hi Ducky, have you found another builder yet?
RebeccaBishop
bullatagate
Chad Banks

Hi Bullatagate - have you got your builder sorted now?

Hi RebeccaBishop still working on it
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum