Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Clarendon parkhill 29 in Brisbane

Page 2 of 3
jaylex
@elleimac - To add a picture click on the icon next to the smiley face and enter the url link of the picture. To find out the url link, right click on the image and select copy link. I'm not sure how to upload a photo directly from PC so will need to figure that out myself.

Wow, your laundry is huge and good idea about the shelves.

We had a look at the silver range at Beaumont Tiles that Clarendon and most builders use and so disappointed with this range. MEH ! I want porcelain tiles and this is going to cost. We're thinking of getting another tiler to lay it after handover.

Is anyone else here thinking of doing the same thing? What are you doing with your flooring ?

We looked at He range at Beaumont too. Narrowed it down to 2 tiles that we liked.

We will look into upgrading but I'm not sure what cost that would be and if we can afford it.
How is everyone going with colours??

We are getting there. Decided to finalise our exterior so it can be submitted to stocklands for covenant approval prior to our land registering to save some time. Which we seem to have soooooo much of thanks to such a long wait for our block.

So we are thinking
Brick-Pgh moon dust
Roof tile- Bristile limestone
Gutter- basalt
Facia-surfmist
Render- dune colour
Windows- surfmist
Garage door- surfmist
front door- surf mist

Roof tile (which was personally delivered today by a lovely rep at Bristle sydney) talk about customer service! And our brick.

Colours- basalt, dune and surfmist.

I would love to know what everyone thinks.
Rebekah
Hey! We are building in Newport, is that a similar area to you? Our land has just been bumped back from a sept registration to November. Hoping it's not further than that!

I agree we are fans of the tucked away stairs. Love the idea of not making a feature of them.

We also added a door to the front lounge room and added the shower downstairs. We also went the undermount sink. Haven't decided what to do with the splashback. But I'm not great with cleaning our granite one we have now.

We have done our tender revisions, which I want to revise again now. Joys of having so much time to think.

rebekah I just Googled where Newport is. Moving from NSW to QLD and have no idea where suburbs are hahaha. Unfortunately no, we're building in Pimpama which about 20mins from Gold Coast. We were almost going to buy land at Mango Hill, which is closer to you. I think we drove around Newport, nice area.

Hopefully, your land registers soon and doesn't clock over to the new year.
Rebekah
Ohh wow! How exciting! It's a bit tricky doing it all from here isn't it. We just keep visiting the parklea displays and their colour studio here. We went to the Brisbane one on Monday and it's sooooo much smaller and no where near as much info.

Wow that's a lot of changes. We don't have much moving room in our budget and this is our first house and with 2 boys under 5 we aren't keen to go too high end just yet.

I just finished reading your blog post. I love what you have done with your laundry. I would prefer that for sure. I'm not a big fan of the pantry opening into the laundry. But we don't have much land to extend. Only 350m2 block.

Would be great to keep throwing ideas around, I didn't get any notifications that anyone had replied to this post, just came back and found it all on here now.

Yes it's a little more tricky building in another state. We have 2 boys too rebekah our eldest is 6 years old.

We're the same, we keep going over to Clarendon's display homes and colour studio for ideas. We've got our colour, electrical and tiling appointments at QLD early next month so I want to come well informed and prepared beforehand.

I was walking around the studio today and could not help listening in on other people's appointments. I could tell some people were not prepared and because they're expected to make decisions at that moment I could sense they haven't thought it through.

To get notifications make sure the Notify me when a reply is posted box is coloured.
Rebekah
We looked at He range at Beaumont too. Narrowed it down to 2 tiles that we liked.

We will look into upgrading but I'm not sure what cost that would be and if we can afford it.

I've gravitated to similar colours throughout our home.

Are these tiles for the floors? bathrooms? rebekah

Also did you just go to any Beaumount Tiles show room for samples?
Those tiles are great! Especially like the first one. Are these from the Silver or Gold range? We have to pick from the Silver range and like you guys have all said they leave a lot to be desired so I see a tiling upgrade for us
Hey Rebekah,

Yes, I am building in Newport. What a coincidence.
The latest i heard was our land will not be settled until Dec. We were given a Nov to March timeline so I am happy with Dec if that goes ahead. Your land must be from an earlier land release. Are you dealing with the same consultant that now sits in Newport ?
It's good to know there' someone else here in the same estate.

jaylex
elleimac
Rebekah
Hey! We are building in Newport, is that a similar area to you? Our land has just been bumped back from a sept registration to November. Hoping it's not further than that!

I agree we are fans of the tucked away stairs. Love the idea of not making a feature of them.

We also added a door to the front lounge room and added the shower downstairs. We also went the undermount sink. Haven't decided what to do with the splashback. But I'm not great with cleaning our granite one we have now.

We have done our tender revisions, which I want to revise again now. Joys of having so much time to think.

rebekah I just Googled where Newport is. Moving from NSW to QLD and have no idea where suburbs are hahaha. Unfortunately no, we're building in Pimpama which about 20mins from Gold Coast. We were almost going to buy land at Mango Hill, which is closer to you. I think we drove around Newport, nice area.

Hopefully, your land registers soon and doesn't clock over to the new year.

Ah ok. Yea not that close. Lol. I do love the GC. Yep mango hill is about 10 min from Newport. Thanks I really hope it doesn't. I want to get this started!
I jusy started a fb group for building with Clarendon. Seems there are groups for other builders but not ours. If anyone is interested. https://m.facebook.com/groups/258116618031482
elleimac
Rebekah

I've gravitated to similar colours throughout our home.

Are these tiles for the floors? bathrooms? rebekah

Also did you just go to any Beaumount Tiles show room for samples?

We are thinking for the floors all downstairs. Haven't worked out upstairs bathrooms yet.
Yep went into Beaumont near Brisbane airport. She was so nice and printed a list of all tiles in the silver range so I can look for them in Sydney as they have a different range but same tiles
cm4
Those tiles are great! Especially like the first one. Are these from the Silver or Gold range? We have to pick from the Silver range and like you guys have all said they leave a lot to be desired so I see a tiling upgrade for us

Thanks. The first one is my fav. Second is hubbies. Haha. Mine might win.
They are from the silver range. I think it's workable. I just don't want laminate flooring and not sure the cost to upgrade the tile so will see if we can be happy with the silver range.
jaylex
Hey Rebekah,

Yes, I am building in Newport. What a coincidence.
The latest i heard was our land will not be settled until Dec. We were given a Nov to March timeline so I am happy with Dec if that goes ahead. Your land must be from an earlier land release. Are you dealing with the same consultant that now sits in Newport ?
It's good to know there' someone else here in the same estate.

jaylex

Hey! How funny. I thought you might have been when you said land was delayed. Ours is stage 17. We put a deposit down in feb. for a sept registration. Then got told that blocks that were released after ours were being pushed before ours! Kinda annoying to say the least.
Yep our consultant hasn't changed since feb. I believe one moved on. My sister in law and her family have the block next to us.
Yea so good! How funny we are building the same houses too.
There is a Newport fb group If you want to join. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... ent_filter
Rebekah, i've just clicked join on that FB group.
jaylex
Rebekah, i've just clicked join on that FB group.

I just added someone to the Clarendon group, I think it's you. Hope it's something that can help us all.
Facebook group would be great! We are building in Thornlands on the Southside. We have been up to Mango Hill to look at the Parkhill there and also dropped into Newport. Great area. We too have two little ones (Girls - 6 and 3) and this will be our first build. It is looking like Clarendon can get onto our block in November to do the site testing etc and then we will get to contract stage. We were wanting to get everything done as much as possible so as soon as the land registers/settles (December-ish) we can start building asap. Our CSC is going to book us into the Colour studio so we can have a look and be prepared for our actual colour apt. I have had a quick look and I agree it is really tiny with not much on display.
I have just clicked to join the Clarendon facebook link.
cm4
Facebook group would be great! We are building in Thornlands on the Southside. We have been up to Mango Hill to look at the Parkhill there and also dropped into Newport. Great area. We too have two little ones (Girls - 6 and 3) and this will be our first build. It is looking like Clarendon can get onto our block in November to do the site testing etc and then we will get to contract stage. We were wanting to get everything done as much as possible so as soon as the land registers/settles (December-ish) we can start building asap. Our CSC is going to book us into the Colour studio so we can have a look and be prepared for our actual colour apt. I have had a quick look and I agree it is really tiny with not much on display.

I just approved you now. It's heaps easier to chat in there I find.

Oh cool! This is our first build too. We have a parkhill on display in Sydney. I'll share some pics of it in the fb group. The mango hill one is styled so much better.
We are the same trying to get it all done as fast as we can.
Yes it was a bit of a let down. The Sydney one is amazing. With working shower head demos and colour mood boards for inside and out.
We are pretty confident with colours of most things and others we have no idea
cm4
I have just clicked to join the Clarendon facebook link.

What's the link to the Clarendon Facebook group, I'd like to request to be added please.
Rebekah

Oh cool! This is our first build too. We have a parkhill on display in Sydney. I'll share some pics of it in the fb group. The mango hill one is styled so much better.
Yes it was a bit of a let down. The Sydney one is amazing. With working shower head demos and colour mood boards for inside and out.

Agree rebekah the Sydney colour studio is far more superior than QLD's one. However talking to our colour rep today who we will be meeting next month, she said QLD is looking to update their colour studio and service offering soon. Actually, come to think of it, they told us that 6 months ago when we first visited Clarendon.

Also don't know if you've been to Parklea lately but the Parkhill is no longer there. They're currently renovating the home for a new display home configuration. The only way we can view a Parkhill display home now is when we go up to QLD. 😞
https://m.facebook.com/groups/258116618031482
elleimac
Rebekah

Agree rebekah the Sydney colour studio is far more superior than QLD's one. However talking to our colour rep today who we will be meeting next month, she said QLD is looking to update their colour studio and service offering soon. Actually, come to think of it, they told us that 6 months ago when we first visited Clarendon.

Also don't know if you've been to Parklea lately but the Parkhill is no longer there. They're currently renovating the home for a new display home configuration. The only way we can view a Parkhill display home now is when we go up to QLD. 😞

Oh wow!! I had no idea the parkhill was gone! It's styling was a bit old imo. I just uploaded pics of the Brisbane one to the Facebook group If that helps.
And yep we were told the same thing about them updating the colour studio in Brisbane. But won't be in time for us I don't think.
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum