Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Noosa 23 MK11 in SEQ - Week 7

Page 1 of 9
We have decided to build the Noosa 23MK11 with the elegance package.

We signed the quote with Coral on 21/6/2017 and just received that we will be getting the contracts on the 15/7/2017 as we decided to go express to contract. Hopefully the contract comes in at the same price as the quote or even less would be better!!

Hi fec im following your ride i love the noosa and cant wait to see your selections.
We went express to contract also but took us 4mths in admin. We basically stuck with the plan didnt want to extend the process. We raised concerns about the 8k price increase and they bullied us into signing on the day saying the will get the errors fixed by doing a variation and just to sign so we didnt slow the process. This didnt work out for us as they disputed the increases were warrented but we were able to prove a homeone member was charge smaller on other things the same week we signed. At the end of the day they offered us a $2k returned customer discount (first build) we took it and lowered our cost at colour room.

Take your time read thru it dont feel pressured and if you can take it home spend a couple days going over it all before you sign it. It will be worth it in the long run

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
bribiebell
Hi fec im following your ride. We went express to contract also but took us 4mths in admin. We basically stuck with the plan didnt want to extend the process. We raised concerns about the 8k price increase and they bullied us into signing on the day saying the will get the errors fixed by doing a variation and just to sign so we didnt slow the process. This didnt work out for us as they disputed the increases were warrented but we were able to prove a homeone member was charge smaller on other things the same week we signed. At the end of the day they offered us a $2k returned customer discount (first build) we took it and lowered our cost at colour room.

Take your time read thru it dont feel pressured and if you can take it home spend a couple days going over it all before you sign it. It will be worth it in the long run

That's exactly what I'm scared about as I really don't want all of these extra costs to pop up on the contract and the reason we decided to go express is because I have been so undecided on the whole build, so we have actually owned the land since Oct 2016 and had a deposit on it since Mar 2016. So now I just want to actually be living in the house and their timeframes to go the normal way is just way too long.

What stage are you at with your house?

Thanks for the advice & hopefully it's a smooth run.

Following along. I can't really help with your question because I'm building with GJ but my advice is triple check everything

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
fec88
bribiebell
Hi fec im following your ride. We went express to contract also but took us 4mths in admin. We basically stuck with the plan didnt want to extend the process. We raised concerns about the 8k price increase and they bullied us into signing on the day saying the will get the errors fixed by doing a variation and just to sign so we didnt slow the process. This didnt work out for us as they disputed the increases were warrented but we were able to prove a homeone member was charge smaller on other things the same week we signed. At the end of the day they offered us a $2k returned customer discount (first build) we took it and lowered our cost at colour room.

That's exactly what I'm scared about as I really don't want all of these extra costs to pop up on the contract and the reason we decided to go express is because I have been so undecided on the whole build, so we have actually owned the land since Oct 2016 and had a deposit on it since Mar 2016. So now I just want to actually be living in the house and their timeframes to go the normal way is just way too long.

What stage are you at with your house?

Thanks for the advice & hopefully it's a smooth run.

We just had cabinets go in. We are at 11 weeks of building. SS says 5 more weeks i just hope he sticks to his word as he told us 12 weeks at the start. Tiles need doing still

Following! We are building the Manhattan 23 with elegance ☺

fec88
We signed the quote with Coral on 21/6/2017 and just received that we will be getting the contracts on the 15/7/2017 as we decided to go express to contract. Hopefully the contract comes in at the same price as the quote or even less would be better!!

Fingers crossed for you! We had several quotes from Coral before going to contract.. if then came back about 25k over what we were expecting we got it down to 8k over by deleting stuff like driveway, outdoor slab, outdoor tiling etc (this stuff was never in our initial contract so it was annoying). It was then 8k over and they would not explain where that money came from as they 'don't break down express package pricing' however I had broken everything down in a spreadsheet from previous quotes - it was honesty just like they added it for no reason. I really hope you have a better experience though! ☺

StephLee
fec88

Fingers crossed for you! We had several quotes from Coral before going to contract.. if then came back about 25k over what we were expecting we got it down to 8k over by deleting stuff like driveway, outdoor slab, outdoor tiling etc (this stuff was never in our initial contract so it was annoying). It was then 8k over and they would not explain where that money came from as they 'don't break down express package pricing' however I had broken everything down in a spreadsheet from previous quotes - it was honesty just like they added it for no reason. I really hope you have a better experience though! ☺

I can just imagine this happening or saying that site cost are going to be so much more expensive than what was priced. I have made a spreadsheet with all the costs too as I like to make sure I'm not paying more than I have too. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

How's your build going?

StephLee

I love the Manhattan, I was tossing up between the Noosa and Manhattan, I was so torn between the two!!

How did you find the colour, tile & electrical selection? Do you have any tips

fec88
StephLee

I love the Manhattan, I was tossing up between the Noosa and Manhattan, I was so torn between the two!!

How did you find the colour, tile & electrical selection? Do you have any tips

We have done our tile appointment, we went with National Tiles - we knew what we wanted and researched before hand so highly recommend going in knowing what you want! We have colours and electrical in a week so il put an update on my build thread (I also went to the showroom and put up info on my thread).

Hopefully we will start building in September! Definitely double check everything, put everything you want in at contract stage (we already have 2k of variations to pay and we have not done colours yet
). Put allowances in for electrical (we did 5k and are owner supplying the downlights) and colour appointment (we did 2k) and check your whole plan, even things like windows not be centred - it's crazy how much they don't use common sense!

Best thing I can say it read every Coral thread you can find and see what there issues were so it doesn't happen to you
love the Noosa so can't wait to see it all come together! If you have any questions about anything happy to help if I can ☺

Following, we are doing the Noosa 23 in SEQ starting in around September
Caydenn
Following, we are doing the Noosa 23 in SEQ starting in around September

Look forward to seeing your progress, hopefully ours will start in Sept as I really want to be in by Xmas 🤞

Once you have your final contract signed you'll go to council which should take about 4 weeks but at least you can track that progress. I'd expect you to be started by end of August/Early September. 12 week build time and 2ish weeks for PCI corrections and any other small corrections I'd estimate completion by about the 2nd week of December.

Holding thumbs for you guys
Caydenn
Once you have your final contract signed you'll go to council which should take about 4 weeks but at least you can track that progress. I'd expect you to be started by end of August/Early September. 12 week build time and 2ish weeks for PCI corrections and any other small corrections I'd estimate completion by about the 2nd week of December.

Holding thumbs for you guys

That would be absolutely AMAZING if that happens!!!
Have you done your contract yet? If so did the price change much from the quote on Corals end?

We get our fix priced building contract tomorrow for finance and then our full detailed contract will be arriving in 3 weeks, however we wen't a fixed price package so they can't really change it.

We did however add and remove a lot of things but prices just adjusted accordingly. If you'd like to keep an eye on our build as I update there as we find out news
Finally have our time and date set to sign the contract, my SC also sent them over last night for us to have a looks at!!!

I've been freaking out for the last two weeks, sure the price was going to increase but it actually came in cheaper than planned!!!

Woohoo yay for signing your contract today!!! I hope they didn't miss anything with your price coming back cheaper than planned
charlibear
Woohoo yay for signing your contract today!!! I hope they didn't miss anything with your price coming back cheaper than planned

Everything was in there!!!! Super stoked that's it's all signed!!

Floor Plan

Site Plan

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum