Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Delivery of wall frame, sub floor joist and roof truss

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

What is typically used in the delivery of wall frame, sub floor joists and roof trusses when building a house. Is it a crane truck as standard? Is there any reason why a franna crane would be required?
Hi everyone,

Do you know what type of vehicle (type of crane or truck) is used for delivery and unloading of wall frames, sub floor joists and roof trusses when building a house?

I don't know the exact model but its simply a truck with a palfinger thing or some little crane onboard

Thanks for the reply. The franna is just a crane on its own and the truck with a tray and crane (palfinger) is a crane truck. Crane truck is the cheaper option as you can load it up with item and crane them off.

Yeah the crane truck is all you need but at roof stage chippies need a franna to lift trusses but they might organise that.
Ok thanks. So is it fair to say a franna is used to lift items higher (eg roofing)? Does it matter if there are powerlines near the property? Or can we say that typically a crane truck is used to deliver items and a franna is used for roof stages?

Yup deliveries crane truck, and yes anything that needs to go further out and up needs a franna. The power lines the operators will navigate those unless there a cowboy.
Cheers

Related
17/10/2023
Warped/damaged roof truss?

General Discussion

It's hard to comment as the photos area bit dark ( you might need a new 15 - just got one and wow > ) Jokes aside, I can see one member that is cracked. I would find a…

4/08/2023
Floor Joist direction given by Structural Engineering

Owner Builder Forum

Assuming you've modelled the TB8, TB10, TB12, TB2 & J1 joists/LVLs there, it appears as per drawing to me. There maybe should be an additional J1 between TB10 and T12 if…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum