Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Grange 25 Coral Homes - Northern NSW

Page 1 of 28
Hello, we are currently waiting for registration that was meant to happen over a year ago. We have been told registration should take place end of next month. But we are not holding our breath. We are excited to build the grange 25 and haven't changed much of the plan. Slightly modified plan below. We changed the media room to the 5 bedroom.
525m2 block on an easement and just going standard facade. We are in the flight path so lots of money is being spent on acoustics. We will be doing dark bricks probably eclipse, with dark roof tiles, wooden look garage door and monument window frames. We have chosen elegance with alfresco package.
Hey MJ,

Congratulations! The Grange 25 is an awesome design. I like the media room/fifth bedroom switch. Good idea. Where are you building in Northern NSW? Our build will beginning in the same region soon.

I hope your registration comes through soon!
We have just signed a preliminary agreement for a Grange 25 (modified as well) to build north of Brisbane. Hopefully, our land will be registered on time in November, but aren't holding our breath.
Thanks GO and BS yes we love the layout and really needed a extra room/ guest for when our extended family stay over. We are building in Tweed heads South but we are starting to feel a little deflated lately due to it dragging out. Where about ares you located GO? We moved down from Brisbane a year ago BS. Northern Brissy is really nice and your close to the sunny coast 😃.. have you guys signed contracts yet?
The colours we will be choosing -
Jak st saw BS that your at prelim stage so are we. We just redid our prelim as we went from the grange 29 to the 25 due to cost and having a bit more backyard. We are little bummed because we aren't sure now if we miss out on the Gold selection of tiles from Beaumonts as now they only let you choose from the silver range and the rest are upgrades. We are still waiting to hear from head office to see if we still qualify as no ones knows where we fit since we paid our deposit with coral over a year ago.
Yeah, everything seems to take so much time to get approved, processes and what have you. And then there's the build... We're building in Murwillumbah, away from the flight path. We couldn't afford land in Pottsville, sadly.
Our block - first on the easement

Our estate from above -

Murwillumbah is beautiful GO, I love how the country meets the sea. Yes potty is a favourite fit us too but prices have just sky rocked. It's definitely the new trendy place to be 😁
It's pretty funny(not in a haha way) if you think about it - I've grown up in the area and witnessed the development/gentrification/touristfication of my home suburbs, pushing the locals out of the market.

Murbah is lovely - gratefully, our land survived the floods quite well, with no damage or site deterioration, so it was a good pick in terms of location.

I know where you're building now - we had a look in the same sort of area. Should be really nice once in the estate becomes established.
We have signed a preliminary agreement and building at Newport (Redcliffe).
Can't wait to see some real drawings but I know it could be a while for the land as there isn't even a road yet.
We haven't even looked at colours yet. There is a Marcoola display at North Lakes that we love the colours (caramels and brown tones). We have asked for extra in the tender for gold range carpet. We will be doing render and St Kilda facade.
Too many decisions!

Welcome we are building grange 26 in NSW
looking forward to watching all the other Granges go up

GoodeOne
It's pretty funny(not in a haha way) if you think about it - I've grown up in the area and witnessed the development/gentrification/touristfication of my home suburbs, pushing the locals out of the market.

Murbah is lovely - gratefully, our land survived the floods quite well, with no damage or site deterioration, so it was a good pick in terms of location.

I know where you're building now - we had a look in the same sort of area. Should be really nice once in the estate becomes established.

Yes if it doesn't work out with our land might be coming down your way lol. I love the Murbah community everyone is so friendly. Yes we looked at Kingscliff when we first got married 8 years ago and we could of brought land for $150 - 200,000 now it's just so expensive completely out of our budget. But I love anywhere over the border really, tweed region in general is so lovely for families and to much to do. Hope your house planning is going well, chiding a plan is so hard especially trying to stay within budget.
bestspecials
We haven't even looked at colours yet. There is a Marcoola display at North Lakes that we love the colours (caramels and brown tones). We have asked for extra in the tender for gold range carpet. We will be doing render and St Kilda facade.
Too many decisions!

I live these colours so nice! Can't wait to see all your selections come together. I need some inspo lol.. and I love Redcliffe, we use to go there for day trips when I was little.. loved it!
BrownDog77
Welcome we are building grange 26 in NSW
looking forward to watching all the other Granges go up

Thanks BD! Yes so many granges. I have been silently watching for a while now and excited to see that it's a popular design 😁
mj-mac4
515m2 block on an easement and just going standard facade. We are in the flight path so lots of money is being spent on acoustics. We will be doing dark bricks probably eclipse, with dark roof tiles, wooden look garage door and monument window frames. We have chosen elegance with alfresco package.

Congrats on your build! We just started 2 weeks ago and have the colours you have in mind
Though we have a white feature brick at the front, but the rest of the house will be black. We also have stained timber gables on the roof to match the garage and front doors
I love the grange, so versatile

Following along

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum