Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Liberty 45 Vogue in Dee Why

Page 5 of 11
Looking good! Getting close now =)
Mrs_W
I think we’ve chosen the same laminate as your bathroom cabinets - seductive limba. Don’t see many other people with that pattern but I love it and it looks great in your spaces. We only had our cabinets delivered this week.

yes thats the one!!!
its funny its was more than a year ago and we had two days to choose everything for the house. keeping the whole picture in mind is not easy and i even forgot already what we've chosen. getting everything with extremly slow pace- creates so much anticipation and wonder - how the hell its going to all look like at very end
))
dulie
Looking good! Getting close now =)

i want it so badly-like a kid waiting for candy
K-Real
Mrs_W
I think we’ve chosen the same laminate as your bathroom cabinets - seductive limba. Don’t see many other people with that pattern but I love it and it looks great in your spaces. We only had our cabinets delivered this week.

yes thats the one!!!
its funny its was more than a year ago and we had two days to choose everything for the house. keeping the whole picture in mind is not easy and i even forgot already what we've chosen. getting everything with extremly slow pace- creates so much anticipation and wonder - how the hell its going to all look like at very end
))

We chose our colours over a year ago too and for the past 13 months I’ve been questioning my decision to go with dark cabinets. We don’t have any other colours in out house yet, but our selections are very similar to yours so I’m relieved to see that the colours come together.

Mrs_W
K-Real
Mrs_W

yes thats the one!!!
))

We chose our colours over a year ago too and for the past 13 months I’ve been questioning my decision to go with dark cabinets. We don’t have any other colours in out house yet, but our selections are very similar to yours so I’m relieved to see that the colours come together.

i will send more pictures when they put stain on our doors and staircase and when our carpet is installed. Hope it will look good. Fingers clossed
Hi all

Wall HUNG Vanity
$140 per vanity charged in our contract. in kitchen variation they are charging again $450 per vanity for the noggin and wall hung vanity.
Can you all please post the cost break down.
We got our floating vanities as a free upgrade....
Does anyone know when the xmas shutdown for Metricon? so frustrating all our plans are ruined with their delays. 😠😠😠😤😤😤
Did and appointed own PCA with metricon
K-Real
Does anyone know when the xmas shutdown for Metricon? so frustrating all our plans are ruined with their delays. 😠😠😠😤😤😤
Kandi
Did and appointed own PCA with metricon

well , that is probably a good idea!

We've got this letter today that the house is at practical completion and ready for handover. Signed by Construction Manager. I've sent email to arrange PCI walk and he told me that the house is not ready for another 3-4 weeks. WTF????
That’s a real bummer, maybe it’s because M shuts down for 3 weeks over the Xmas break?

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
That’s a real bummer, maybe it’s because M shuts down for 3 weeks over the Xmas break?

I've been told that the the carpet is not in and they are rerendering the whole house and redoing all the joints on hebel because the job was not done properly in the first place. My CM is shutting from 25/12-2/01 and people will be still working on the house. Basically its not complete and it was a try to get me paying the final bill before PCI walk. Not feeling like I've been looked after properly.Leaves a bad taste in the mouth!!!
Suggest you carefully check all the work done to confirm it meets Australian standards, see http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/biz_res/ftweb/pdfs/Tenants_and_home_owners/NSW_Guide_to_Standards_and_Tolerances.pdf
and is representative of what is offered on the display homes, website and brochures. If not, raise a dispute as per the contract and hold any payment until the work is done properly.

Carpet is finally in. My backyard and pool cannot wait untill handover! Camon M, just finish it quick 😁
Looks great K-Real, you’re so close to the finishing line now
Will the rerendering be completed soon?

Quirmeball1280
Looks great K-Real, you’re so close to the finishing line now
Will the rerendering be completed soon?

I just canot wait.
Rendering is done but they will be repaining whole house outside. Then they need to touch up paint inside , put shelving in the drawers, attend couple of plumbing issues. Then i do the final inspection with the independent inspector and it will start all over again 😂😂😂. I dont want to pay last amount before major problems are resolved. This 2 week job with M will take another 3 months.🤣🤣🤣 Lets see..
K-Real
We are building with Metricon Liberty 45 in Dee Why. 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.

Our jorney started on the 1 Nov 2016. We have changed 2 Site Managers, well they've quit. The third one is now doing the work, we are much happier with him!!!

We are 3 month behind the initial PCI. Our current SM is saying that we will be finished in early October 2017. Fingers crossed.

If your build is slow, my advice don't give them opportunity to provide you excuse after excuse...get on them quickly and dont let them go!!!

[img:2ccgnp0u]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/1_1498354948.jpg[/img:2ccgnp0u]

Hi all, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Killara. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. A quick review of various social media sites indicates these issues are common with Metricon's work. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's NSW senior management over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and Metricon's senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter
Norfolk
K-Real
We are building with Metricon Liberty 45 in Dee Why. 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.

Our jorney started on the 1 Nov 2016. We have changed 2 Site Managers, well they've quit. The third one is now doing the work, we are much happier with him!!!

We are 3 month behind the initial PCI. Our current SM is saying that we will be finished in early October 2017. Fingers crossed.

If your build is slow, my advice don't give them opportunity to provide you excuse after excuse...get on them quickly and dont let them go!!!

[img:2ccgnp0u]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/1_1498354948.jpg[/img:2ccgnp0u]

Hi all, We are building a Metricon Liberty 45 in Killara. We are two thirds of the way through the build and have identified significant structural defects in the house. Many elements do not comply with the tolerances in Australia standards and there are significant difference to the contract plans. The slab is not level, the walls and ceilings are not straight, the brickwork is sloppy, the waterproofing is defective, and the site drainage poses a significant risk of slab heave. A quick review of various social media sites indicates these issues are common with Metricon's work. After dismissive and unsatisfactory responses from Metricon's NSW senior management over the past 2 months we have involved NSW Fair Trading and are awaiting their inspection. Has anyone else had a similar experience mid build? How did you resolve these problems? Do you have any suggestions to assist us and Metricon's senior management in NSW to rectify the defective workmanship? Peter

You’re doing the right thing going to Fair Trading.
The law states that you have to give the builder every opportunity to rectify damaged or faulty/ bad workmanship first, before you can take legal action.
Secondly I suggest speaking to a solicitor, just for general advice, about what will happen after Fair Trading makes a ruling.
Be prepared for a lengthy process, but you’ve paid big money for your home so keep at them, don’t let them get away with it.
Also I suggest you get in touch with Aaron on Facebook page of Disappointed Metricon Home customers, he has lots of helpful information, (See below pic).
And lastly bombard social media with posts about how Metricon have failed you, future customers need to be aware that some builds just go wrong.
Good luck!

Related
29/05/2023
How I lost $100,000 and why I will never use steel frames

Building A New House

That sucks! Hope it all works out. Good to move away from steel anyway for all your reasons, but it's also thermally poor.

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum