Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Journey : Henley Reserve Aegean 38

Page 1 of 2
After months of exploring single storey options, we had no luck in finding a home that stuck out. Until we considered double storied options and found the Henley Aegean 38.

Hopefully we will have a positive building experience with Henley and will be sure to keep all updated along the way.

We have chosen to go with the Part-Render Ultima Facade.

The Reserve Collection inclusions are superlative to almost all other builders and we are excited to see our home come together.

A great floor plan! good choice.... Good luck with our build !!
Thank you ... We are very happy with Henley inclusions and site costs are reasonable for double story. Even refridgerative cooling through Henley was competitive... Which is good considering we have to install it during build.
laoskiwi how much they quoted for refrigerative cooling
Around the $15K mark ...

The set up is that the gas ducted heating is zoned to either heat the whole house, or downstairs only, or upstairs only. And the refridgerative cooling is designed to either cool downstairs or upstairs. It does not have capacity to cool both. We are happy with that though as it's only the 2 of us in the house and it will more than meet our needs.
We didn't opt for Cooling instead ask for future plumbing for $500. Got the zoned Heating as you said for $2215. i am sure price would be the same for you as well.
When you upgrade to refridgerative cooling with Henley the zoning is part of the upgrade price as it has to be zoned to be effective. That upgrade was part of the $15K. With double story I don't think we install ducted refrigerated cooling after handover? Hence why we doing it as part of build.
So got $15k upgrade promo ?
@bhutani.sumit ... can refrigerated be added post build? If so that is something for us to consider ...
@bhutani.sumit ... wasn't a promo as such... was just the quoted price... your build is alot bigger than ours tho so hence why might be more for you
Last time I asked Henley and they said yes you can but you need to have to plumbg beforehand ( structural change)
Thanks @bhutani.sumit ... think we will stick to builder doing it even tho it'll cost us more ... otherwise our post handover list will get out of hand and we'll never get anything done
For us. that is too much. so not going right now and maybe in a couple of years yes. Already budget out of control with all upgrades.
Site Costs Back: $29K ... We were expecting more due to the amount of fall on our land >1.2m ... however building double storied has reduced our building envelope and consequently the amount of fall over the building area... We were quoted $25K from another builder for single storey so pretty happy with this even tho on the upper end of the scale. If we consider the m2 of our home ... this Aegean build is better value for money than building some single storey homes.
great. Our land size is big so can't have small or single story house. Our Site Cost came back $18k with all estate requirement.
laoskiwi
Around the $15K mark ...

The set up is that the gas ducted heating is zoned to either heat the whole house, or downstairs only, or upstairs only. And the refridgerative cooling is designed to either cool downstairs or upstairs. It does not have capacity to cool both. We are happy with that though as it's only the 2 of us in the house and it will more than meet our needs.

Did that $15k price include converting your power to 3 phase?

I'm with another builder, doing the same cooling upgrade (they also use brivis like henley) and they advised that for the capacity required, it will need 3 phase ac.
g33kerb0t ... it is quoted as including 3 phase power for that price
I am considering to build Aegen 38 too

I have not got back the site cost yet. This would be the only thing i worry about as my lot is at hill top with slight slop.

laoskiwi do you mind if I am asking some upgrade price from Henley that they quote you ?

1. Ultimate Facade - What is the extra cost for rendering?
2. Do you raise your ceiling height ? I am thinking to do that to 2.7m
3. Floor tiling & carpet - do you go with Henely or do it with 3rd party after handover?
4. Did they offer you for electrical upgrade option ?

Thanks laoskiwi
laoskiwi
Site Costs Back: $29K ... We were expecting more due to the amount of fall on our land >1.2m ... however building double storied has reduced our building envelope and consequently the amount of fall over the building area... We were quoted $25K from another builder for single storey so pretty happy with this even tho on the upper end of the scale. If we consider the m2 of our home ... this Aegean build is better value for money than building some single storey homes.

Great choice in the Aegean (we are a little biased
).
We've got 1.3m of fall over the whole block so it's good to have an estimate. We've only just had our soil and site tests done so still waiting on costs.
We'll find out in August when we have our tender.

bhutani.sumit
We didn't opt for Cooling instead ask for future plumbing for $500. Got the zoned Heating as you said for $2215. i am sure price would be the same for you as well.

Hi Bhutani,I'm planning to build Cullen 45 from Henley (double storey) .I'm not clear what you said about future plumbing and zoned heating $2215.
My assumption is the default heating provided by Henley can heat up both ground floor and first floor and I will be ale to control the heating between floors. As I have a tight budget at this point .I cant afford cooling now. So planning to put 500$ to provide plumbing work for cooling and later down the line I can add colling sytem. Is this correct ? also why did you paied $2215 for zone heating?
Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum