Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Marcoola

Page 3 of 13
Congrats on a sign, you will have a big pile of rocks soon - we got really excited about that haha
Today is the start. Meeting the site supervisor and having our house pegged out!!!!

We have a site cut!!! Was a total surprise meeting the SS and the block being cut. My plans state a soakage pit needs to be installed. I have always questioned this and so did my SS. Who had to have a soakage pit installed?

Ok. I will ask the question, what is a soakage pit and what does it do?
bestspecials
Ok. I will ask the question, what is a soakage pit and what does it do?
It is suppose to be for extra storm water. Im not 100% sure to be honest.

Hi there A soak pit , also known as a soakaway or leach pit, is a covered, porous-walled chamber that allows water to slowly soak into the ground.- You may need it on your property to take away water form the house in clay soil and on flat land it serves as a drainage tool so water does not sit nearby your construction/build or alternatively it can take away grey water and sewerage if needed. I hope this helps a bit. I would investigate with an engineer before removing it if it is recommended, the more drainage around your home the better
Hudson House
Hi there A soak pit , also known as a soakaway or leach pit, is a covered, porous-walled chamber that allows water to slowly soak into the ground.- You may need it on your property to take away water form the house in clay soil and on flat land it serves as a drainage tool so water does not sit nearby your construction/build or alternatively it can take away grey water and sewerage if needed. I hope this helps a bit. I would investigate with an engineer before removing it if it is recommended, the more drainage around your home the better
Thanks Hudson House I had asked everyone why it was there and never recieved an answer apart from just because. When the SS also questioned it I told him the same. He is investigating it with the plumbers.

Went out to the block today and wow it was a hive of activity. Plumbers and electricians all getting eveything organised. Our HSTP went in on Monday. Now we are stuck with some huge piles of clay to dispose of

At the end of week 1 and they are steaming along. This week saw our plumbing and electrical, piers and footings, HSTP installation and getting ready for the slab to be poured on Monday.

Today we spent all day planting trees. The ground is so dry and the soil is horrible clay. Even eith Hubbys motorized hole digger it didn't really help. Back out there tomorrow to finish off.

At our colour appointmrnt we wanted to swap some of the upgraded fixtures to the other bathroom and so forth. Coral were going to charge me twice for the same taps just in different rooms. I took it out and asked our SS and we are able to change them at no cost. Winning

Great progress, look forward to seeing the slab pics
Almost time for a slab party
Following along. Our start date was 5th of September, so it will be interesting to compare builds.
I love your colour selections. We are going Urban ceasarstone benchtops too.

Have to share we have a SLAB!!!!!!!!

Congrats on slab stage! Can't wait to see it all come together for you. Nice choices! Great job on the tree planting would have been tough going digging all that.
ABuild
Congrats on slab stage! Can't wait to see it all come together for you. Nice choices! Great job on the tree planting would have been tough going digging all that.
Even with a petrol post hole digger it was hard, the ground is so hard as it hasn't rained in ages, it was like trying to dig through concrete.

The plants are absolutely taking off which is fantastic. They started putting up our frame today and have smashed it out. Roof trusses start tomorrow.

Week 3s progress frame is up and roof trusses, the boys did this in 3 days. They are just finishing off the tie downs today. Gutters and fascia should be Friday with roof tiles starting Tuesday.

H Family
Week 3s progress frame is up and roof trusses, the boys did this in 3 days. They are just finishing off the tie downs today. Gutters and fascia should be Friday with roof tiles starting Tuesday.

Looks great! We are getting a start on the steel frames today, so excited!
Hudson House
H Family

Interested to see how quickly it goes up being steel. They are anticipating 38 deg here today my poor builders will boil.

H Family
Hudson House
H Family

Interested to see how quickly it goes up being steel. They are anticipating 38 deg here today my poor builders will boil.

Yes certainly. Our SS is dealing with the drama of the metal framing being dropped and scraping our slab so there is an expensive repair for the contractors that delivered it. Luckily Coral are onto it and we will progress. same here with the weather 37 degrees out at Gilston for our poor chippy today, hope they have hats and sunscreen.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum