Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Ballarat - Handover Friday

Page 21 of 24
pEast
icat2000
Looks a little bit darker than what it is. But there were no lights on when I took the pictures. Cause there none to turn on yet haha.

Ur risk (instinct) with blue tiles has paid off

Thank you. My partner didn't want grey or black tiles in the bathroom. Even though our kitchen is off white gloss tiles with grey grout. I really wanted a nice glossy light olive green colour in kitchen but none of the tiles in the same National tiles Crayon range appeals so went with Bianco tile.

Now if I could convince my partner to let me have a Smeg fridge I really be happy. But I don't think I'm going to win that battle.
Wow I love your tiles! Beautiful πŸ’œ
Popped down later this afternoon to see how the alfresco slab and driveway was going. They poured the alfresco slab and the extra we paid for to extend the area. They also recessed the alfresco down so when it gets tiled it be flush with the extra concrete we paid for ( we later plan when we get the money to do this area into bbq and put a pergola up.

Also I spied through the window and they have hung my dining room light up. Still got to put up the other light. But I'm loving it. We got a round concrete table from Nick Scali. Bit messy inside the house but they have also started to do the downlights and have fitted fly screens to windows and put the mirrored sliding doors in the bedroom for the robes.

mj-mac4
Wow I love your tiles! Beautiful πŸ’œ

Thank you.
How good does the bathroom look! Love the grey subway tile. Our cabinetry and bench top is very similar!
I love your dining light

breebarter
How good does the bathroom look! Love the grey subway tile. Our cabinetry and bench top is very similar!

They actually blue. I think it’s the light that makes them look a steely blue.
Nawsome
I love your dining light

Thanks my partner picked it. Who would know a trade would have great taste.
icat2000
Popped down later this afternoon to see how the alfresco slab and driveway was going. They poured the alfresco slab and the extra we paid for to extend the area. They also recessed the alfresco down so when it gets tiled it be flush with the extra concrete we paid for ( we later plan when we get the money to do this area into bbq and put a pergola up.

Also I spied through the window and they have hung my dining room light up. Still got to put up the other light. But I'm loving it. We got a round concrete table from Nick Scali. Bit messy inside the house but they have also started to do the downlights and have fitted fly screens to windows and put the mirrored sliding doors in the bedroom for the robes.

That light tho! Where di you get that from??
BrentandAllison
icat2000

I got the light from a store in Ormond, Melbourne.

Its called Missy Pendant 3 Light. But comes is a smaller version. This online store has it too.

https://www.zanui.com.au/Missy-Pendant- ... 38181.html
Saturday Pilgrimage to the house and they had installed the lights. Had to take inside ones through windows.

Light outside back garage door and laundry door

Kitchen pendant lights now installed

Our bedroom light (other bedrooms have same light only smaller)

Entry hall light (wish we had higher ceilings but I think it looks okay)

Front of garage lights.
I am loving all your lights. Our house is very boring when it comes to lighting.
bestspecials
I am loving all your lights. Our house is very boring when it comes to lighting.

Thanks. We started the whole buying a house stage later in our lives. So sort of splashing out where our budget can afford it and trying to have everything we want in this house.
Just caught up on your thread icat and tiling and lighting really add a wow factor. Definitely second all here in saying great choice with blue bathroom tile, really nice backdrop for your timber look cabinetry!

Looks like we might be moving in around the same time. We have our pci on 1/8 and should be be moving in 2-3 weeks later

Dani_J
Just caught up on your thread icat and tiling and lighting really add a wow factor. Definitely second all here in saying great choice with blue bathroom tile, really nice backdrop for your timber look cabinetry!

Looks like we might be moving in around the same time. We have our pci on 1/8 and should be be moving in 2-3 weeks later

Thanks. I'm so eager to get it. Popped by today and we have a lake around the west side of the house. Its where they did the site cut too much on one side. Hopefully they fill it in with some soil. So wet over last couple of days.
icat2000
BrentandAllison
icat2000

I got the light from a store in Ormond, Melbourne.

Its called Missy Pendant 3 Light. But comes is a smaller version. This online store has it too.

https://www.zanui.com.au/Missy-Pendant- ... 38181.html

Just an update - I went to the site you linked. Checked out their pendant lights - and WOW, they have some different lights to the ones we were thinking of. I think we have decided on the star pendant.

https://www.zanui.com.au/Star-Pendant-Light-146003.html
Popped by the house today and they were laying the floorboards. I think they look good. Also they have put in the tapware in the bathrooms and basins.

And my beautiful entry way light.

Omg our kitchen selections are very similar. Looks great πŸ™‚
Thanks they just have to do the bit around the island bench as that will be a charcoal grey from memory. Really happy with the floorboards and they are laying them the proper way i.e no nasty quads. They put the skirting boards on last.
Looking fantastic! I feel like your place is coming a long quite quickly.
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum