Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Responsibility of builders vs owner for fencing.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Needing some advice if possible, about whether it is the builders responsibility to remove fencing if they need it gone to build, in notifying the neighbours that they need access to their land, and in securing the site so it is safe.

Builder has stated it is my responsibility to contact my neighbours and gain permission for the removal of 6m of fencing and installing a temporary fence if requested. The neighbours have not requested a temporary fence. I have until Monday 19/6/2017 to get these panels removed. However, today they have told me I need to also take down 12m of fencing from my front yard, and done by Friday 16/6/2017.

In other build experiences, did your builders deal with the removal of fencing and/or put up temporary fencing? I'm not so fussed about taking the responsibility for the removal of the fences, however I am annoyed they have given me 2.5 days notice to get this extra work organised. I am concerned about the legal obligations of having a secure work site if there is a gap in between the neighbours and the site, and now no front fence. They didn't even tell me they were beginning site works so I'm a bit annoyed at this communication overall.

I don't think I am being very clear, but I'm really not sure where I stand and the processes behind this. My contract is extremely vague in reference to pre-construction responsibilities and I'm pretty sure they will lump this in with that, despite the lack of communication.

Thanks in advanced for anyone who has something to offer.
Normally it's builders responsibly, check your contract and more importantly, get a inspector, before signing contract would of been better, but still very very important that you ensure a knowledgeable expert is with you so builder also knows, no nonsense or half truths will be acceptable, as your armed with just as much or more building knowledge, unfortunately the building industry is very likely to eat alive new comers, good luck.

Related
28/07/2023
Responsibility on Builder or Customer: Conduit Issue

General Discussion

the conduit would need to be undamaged regardless of what network is in play. The conduit needs to be able to have fibre run through it. NBN and Opticomm are just…

25/09/2023
Invisible Channel Fix Glass Fencing

Pools & Spas

Need to remove glass panel out of concrete without wrecking the glass to get the spa room in, any recommendations on how to do that. Thank you

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum