Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Retreat 305- Hallmark Homes Qld- New Beith

Page 1 of 2
Better late than never they say!

Stalker of many build threads and information gatherer for months....

Our build is fast coming to the end point, but for the sake of education I thought I would actually document here for others- especially those considering Hallmark Homes Qld as their home builder.

Land- purchased a 3500m2 block in New Beith, Qld, deposit Nov 2016, settled January 2017.

After an exhaustive process of visiting display homes across Brisbane we chose the Retreat 305 design from Hallmark Homes Qld. We felt Hallmark gave us the best value for size house we were after and seemingly had pretty good recent reviews. (See attached plan)

Build timeline
-Land Settled Jan 2017
-Home Contract Signed Jan 2017
-Trees cleared (2k) from block
-Colour selections 20/02/2017
-Wk1 20/03/17: signage, site cut, HSTP, plumbing commenced
-Wk2 27/03/17: gravel delivered for slab: no further work due to wet site post cyclone rain
-Wk3 3/04/17: frames delivered: site still wet
-Wk4 10/04/17: slab completed
-Wk5 17/04/17: frames & roof trusses up
-Wk6 24/04/17: fascias, gutters & scaffolding up
-Wk7 1/05/17: colorbond roof complete, scaffolding down, data, aircon and plumbing rough-in
-Wk8 8/05/17: front door on, windows in, electric rough-in, bricks started
-Wk9 15/05/17: missing windows in, bricks complete, gyprock complete
-Wk10 22/05/17: external plaster, waterproofing, downpipes complete
-Wk11 29/05/17: Garage door, skirting and internal carpentry work, kitchen and laundry installed
-Wk12 5/06/16: bathroom cabinets, wet area tiles + kitchen and laundry backsplashes
-Wk13 12/06/16: painting internal/external

Colour Selections- Hallmark Homes Select Centre & National Tiles Showroom

Roof, gutter, garage door: Woodland Grey Colorbond
Fascia and windows: Dune Colorbond

Paint:
Ceilings and skirting/architraves builders white
Walls: Grey Ghost

Kitchen:
Cupboards: polar white, silk finish
Caesarstone: Snow
Backsplash: gloss white subway tiles, horizontal brick bond lay

Ensuite tiles: dark grey
Caesarstone: white shimmer

Laundry and main bath tiles: floor medium grey, backsplash matt white subway, horizontal brick bond lay
caesarstone: white shimmer

Main area tiles: light grey
Alfresco/front patio: medium grey outdoor tiles

Congrats!
We too are building with Hallmark. Also in New Beith. Nice to see there is a few hallmark homes going up. Seems to be so quick as well. So far we cant fault them.
Any more pics to share?

MissLucky
Congrats!
We too are building with Hallmark. Also in New Beith. Nice to see there is a few hallmark homes going up. Seems to be so quick as well. So far we cant fault them.
Any more pics to share?

Yep sifting through them now!!!
I'll have to have a quick look at your thread now too

Land before and after tree clearing

Rear and front changes to site

Kitchen and laundry

Bathroom/ensuite floating vanities prior to their installation

Front view as at 12/06/17

Very nice! Liking your kitchen.
Looks like you're up the road!
We aren't far behind as its kitchen week for us. (Hopefully)
How have you found Hallmark? Did you go through the Yarrabilba office?

MissLucky
Very nice! Liking your kitchen.
Looks like you're up the road!
We aren't far behind as its kitchen week for us. (Hopefully)
How have you found Hallmark? Did you go through the Yarrabilba office?

Yes after reading your thread..... we're neighbours lol!! There's 4 of us in the same kind of block and we have the same site supervisor! 3 out of the 4 are only one week behind each other. I stalk past your place every day to get to mine- I love your layout and the render/front colour choices on your place is awesome!
Love Hallmark, can't fault them at all. I've only had one tiny issue with a downpipe placement but that was immediately rectified. I went through Springfield office.

Hi Neighbour!! We are also building in New Beith (New Beith forest estate). We just started on Monday. We considered building the same plan as you but ended up going with Coral, as we had built with them before and had been happy with them. Your house looks great!Can't wait to see it finished!
Tamara1975
Hi Neighbour!! We are also building in New Beith (New Beith forest estate). We just started on Monday. We considered building the same plan as you but ended up going with Coral, as we had built with them before and had been happy with them. Your house looks great!Can't wait to see it finished!

Hey!!!! Oh it's a lovely estate over there- I drive around regularly hahaha I hope your build goes great- I've seen a few few coral homes in Teviot and they come up rather nice!

Buildingretreat305
Tamara1975

Hey!!!! Oh it's a lovely estate over there- I drive around regularly hahaha I hope your build goes great- I've seen a few few coral homes in Teviot and they come up rather nice!

We have been driving around teviot checking out fences and landscaping lol. I am paranoid we will end up on one of those community facebook pages labeled as acting suspicious lmao
[/quote]
We have been driving around teviot checking out fences and landscaping lol. I am paranoid we will end up on one of those community facebook pages labeled as acting suspicious lmao[/quote]

Omgerd yes!!! That's my fear too. I got yelled at by roofers once for taking pictures out at jimboomba woods lol

Just stumbled across your thread

Really like the plan you chose from Hallmark and can't wait to see your colour selections once everything is done.
Following along
Your place is looking amazing, coming along nicely
Been a while since you updated BR.... how's it all going?!?

We will be building with Hallmark too!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Things got sooo insanely busy last few weeks of our build. But we are officially in 1 week now. Unpacking, piecing together darn ikea furniture and trying to organise my new home seems to be taking forever hahaha anyways here's some pictures of the final house!

Front and rear of house with newly completed (bank account emptying) driveway

Related
31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum