Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm
In One line, I would say, Never ever in my life, I would recommend Kurmond Homes. Don't buy stress and project delays and inflation. I was blindly trapped when one colleague from my office start building their home through Kurmond Home but you won't believe that she started her home in Nov 2015 but still waiting for handed over even after 25 months. The brief horrible experience:
- Project given in Feb 2016 and home handed over in Oct 2017. Took 19 months for double storey home
- Took 10 months just to take council approval.
- Did not advise or allow us to cut the soil in case of sloppy land and thus raised our project cost by $100K.
- Land was cut too deep and thus raising cost of retaining walls.
- Rainwater Storage tank and Air Conditioning were installed at wrong place and thus blocking free access from both sides of the home.
- Many of the things selected were not available at the time of installation.
- Home built with lot of defects.
- Rude staff and management, never respond to your emails or phones.
- Forget to built the Wardrobe in the Master bedroom and when pointed out, offered credit of just $300 when you can't even buy the Portable Wardrobe from IKEA.
- Never get fooled by their display home as 70% of the items are not even included in their platinum package and they are ready to rob you on one reason or other. You point out anything and they will say it Ùpgrade'
AVOID, WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.
Re: Building home with Kurmond Homes, South Windsor2
Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm
So TRUE... SPOT ON!
Kurmond Home is DAMN frustrating!
In our case, they took 11 months for finalising all paperwork/admin process... Finally, they started our construction in last week of x-mas(2017) and currently we are at FRAME stage in this week(23/Jan/2018 )!
We have experienced the same thing on our site too(SLOP of 1.5 meter), due to slope we will have extra site cost - we are still waiting for invoices for those extras!!!!
Rock excavation + Float Machine Hire + Loading/unloading materiasl + etc. .....
Re: Building home with Kurmond Homes, South Windsor3
Jul 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Signed contract 2012. Moved in 2016.
6 months at council. Signed the contract right before x’mas so lots of ‘down time’.
They were good at selling and getting you to sign up but once we did, the staff turnover was so high, we couldnt keep up with who was our site supervisor.
Process was long but we were relatively happy with the final outcome.
I think there are always pros and cons with any builder. Kurmond is not bad, not great either but i believe they experienced growth and they couldnt keep up with it.
I mean we even hired an external consult to do the handover with us to ensure everything was where it is supposed to be and inclusions etc and even he missed a light that was supposed to be installed but wasnt!
We also experienced a lot of heartache with no calls returned, re-drawing of plans due to land mis-calculation, unexpected costs for water drainage (under driveway).
18months after moving in we discovered pipe issues in the laundry. They had forgotten to connect the them!!
Again, back to the no response blah blah blah
So, we lodged a fair trading report and wallah! They ended up calling every day and chasing us!
That got fixed straight away and i believe we got reimbursed for our troubles (plumber to investigate and check other drains etc).
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
trimumHow long Kurmond Homes will take to build double story home?How long Kurmond Homes will take to build double story home?
Yes it is so stressful I never thought a housebuild would be like this, you would think with all this extra time the quality would be amazing but it is far from that. A…
SamanthaSBuilding Glenleigh with Kurmond Homes - my experiance...Building Glenleigh with Kurmond Homes - my experiance...
Thank you We ended up going with another builder after finding out a lady I used to work with had huge issues with her build.
DanielleJ92First home builders! - Building through eight homes....First home builders! - Building through eight homes....
Hi Persol, Oh i'm disapointed to hear that for you; that mus be so frustrating. We have heard your same complaints from quite a few people which is a bit of a worry to…
Peter112Our Journey in building our dream home with CJ HomesOur Journey in building our dream home with CJ Homes
Congratulations Jefffirsthomebuyer. Looking forward to start your building. One of my friends is building in park lane. They are in Miami street 😊