Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Easystart Homes in Carissa Estate (Seville Gr

Page 11 of 11
jad33mily
This is the first moment I've had to relax this weekend and probably for a while... we got our keys on Friday! 🎉 Couldn't believe the 2 day turnaround

Spent this weekend moving boxes and unpacking them, levelling the front and back garden in preparation for installing the retic and lawn out the back next weekend and booking the front landscapers to do their thing out the front. Weekend after next we finally move in!! What a journey it has been ☺️

Still to go:
- side gate installed by fencing company (they forgot to order it :/)
- back retic
- back lawn
- paving down both sides
- NBN technician for rest of NBN install
- move in officially
- security screen install
- security camera install

Congrats! Not long now and you will be in
Weekend 2 since getting keys has gone and what another big weekend!
Friday afternoon was spent installing our retic to the back garden. Unfortunately hit a snag with the water pressure being so low off the back tap and we are unable to run it to the main meter due to the garage being in the way and the developers landscapers running the front lawn from either the front tap or meter.

Saturday afternoon spent recutting retic into two sections and taking off a brass connection of the hose which made the pressure a lot better to run the sections one at a time. Then spent the next 5 hours relevelling and installing our lawn!!! Woohoo, what a mammoth task. So beyond stoked with my partner and his dad's efforts, was a long day and it looks fantastic.

Side paving being completed today
NBN technician booked for tomorrow
Moving in next weekend... finally!

Looking good! You must be so excited to move in at last. Have the last two weeks between keys and move in been the slowest yet?
J278
Looking good! You must be so excited to move in at last. Have the last two weeks between keys and move in been the slowest yet?

Thanks J278!

Oh definitely been the slowest two weeks yet. So hard going to our home to move things in and complete work to the house then have to go back to where we are living now.
Can't believe it's been nearly 2 weeks since we have moved in. So much has happened.
Sides of house were paved 2 days prior to move in. Since then we have moved in, settled in, had our appliances delivered, installed outdoor patio blind, installed shade sail down full length of one side of the house, paved shed area and installed shed. Time to organise getting the front landscaped

jad33mily
Can't believe it's been nearly 2 weeks since we have moved in. So much has happened.
Sides of house were paved 2 days prior to move in. Since then we have moved in, settled in, had our appliances delivered, installed outdoor patio blind, installed shade sail down full length of one side of the house, paved shed area and installed shed. Time to organise getting the front landscaped

Looks fantastic! Well done on getting this all done so quickly
Your floors look amazing against the dark cabinets. You’ve done so well!
I and my husband have long been looking for a solution for the shade in our backyard since we do not have it, and I've come across wonderful Shades Sails Online, so I've gathered courage and ordered them
Believe me, we did not repent.
Hi! This is a long shot in getting a reply but one can hope 😊

Love watching your progress. We are currently about to sign builders contract for the same plan. Is there anything you would change now it has been a few years?
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum