Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Easystart Homes in Carissa Estate (Seville Gr

Page 2 of 11
jad33mily
Hi m0llss, thanks! Exciting times isn't it

Do you have a build thread I can follow too?

Soo exciting! Yeah I'll see if this link works

M & C's First Build with HGWA - Eglinton

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

jad33mily
Hi everyone, well last night we finally signed our building contracts. Woohoo! Below is our floor plan and elevation. Can't wait to finally see it all come to life when it hits construction. Prestart will be in roughly a month time, I am hoping, as the company's prestart consultants are currently booked out 3 weeks in advance. They also said slab goes down usually two months after prestart if there is no hiccups with the admin site or delays. Fingers crossed our slab goes down late September, early October. Will keep everyone updated with the prestart selections. Hoping to head to the tile supplier this weekend and tick tiles off the list

Trying to envision render colours is so difficult. We have picked our roof colour, Colorbond - Shale Gray, our downpipes are the same colour and our gutters and fascias are Colorbond - Basalt. Our garage roller door is Colorbond Monument. The partner wouldn't budge on a light garage door haha. Thinking of having the pier darker like the basalt and the rest matching the Shale Gray roof but unsure. Might have to look into one of those 3D programs online so I can play around with how it may look like.

Hi Jad33mily!

Welcome to the forum

In regards to choosing render colour I went around to the display houses that were built by my builder (HGWA) and copied the render colours and variations. I thought they would've paid a crap load for a colour expert/designer. Why not copy them?
Also it's good to see the colours in person rather than just on a computer!

At prestart, your consultant can pull up the addenda for the display homes and copy like for like
So I managed to get out to Crosby Tiles this afternoon to have a look at our tiles, cabinetry and benchtop selections.

My partner and I love the look of black kitchens so we will definitely be having the Q-Stone Black Glitter bench tops to the kitchen and Laminex Black Cabinetry. For the splash back beneath the range hood, I really love this white tile below. I don't know if it will be too busy against the black bench top though?! What do you guys think?

I have decided to carry the theme into the bathrooms but am unsure if I'm going to do the same thing in both the ensuite and the main bathroom. Or change it up slightly in the main bathroom. The benchtop will be Formica Snowdrift and again Laminex Black Cabinetry. Floor tiles is the bottom right dark charcoal colour. Walls will be plain white tile with a black tile feature strip.

Really stuck on whether I should keep the two bathrooms the same or change them slightly design wise. Any suggestions guys. Returning to Crosby next weekend to finalise the selections. If I don't do it soon I will probably be tossing and turning every night until it's set in stone hahaha.
Selections look great. I like the splashback but could because we chose the same ones in a different colour

We kept our bathrooms the same but used different colour feature strips in the showers.

Thanks Bob, ooh great minds think alike

Can't wait to get a glimpse of what it may look like finished when your splash back is installed
Thanks jenza20, apologies for the late response.

That is an excellent idea, never thought about looking at displays to envision render colours. Putting that on my list of things to do

Can anyone tell me how to respond to someone's comment and have there comment in the bubble sort of thing instead of just replying to the whole thread? You'd think for being 22 years old I'd be a little more tech savvy hahaha
jad33mily
Thanks Bob, ooh great minds think alike

Can't wait to get a glimpse of what it may look like finished when your splash back is installed

Hopefully i can snap some photos through the windows next weekend if we make it down to the block

jad33mily
So I managed to get out to Crosby Tiles this afternoon to have a look at our tiles, cabinetry and benchtop selections.

My partner and I love the look of black kitchens so we will definitely be having the Q-Stone Black Glitter bench tops to the kitchen and Laminex Black Cabinetry. For the splash back beneath the range hood, I really love this white tile below. I don't know if it will be too busy against the black bench top though?! What do you guys think?

I have decided to carry the theme into the bathrooms but am unsure if I'm going to do the same thing in both the ensuite and the main bathroom. Or change it up slightly in the main bathroom. The benchtop will be Formica Snowdrift and again Laminex Black Cabinetry. Floor tiles is the bottom right dark charcoal colour. Walls will be plain white tile with a black tile feature strip.

Really stuck on whether I should keep the two bathrooms the same or change them slightly design wise. Any suggestions guys. Returning to Crosby next weekend to finalise the selections. If I don't do it soon I will probably be tossing and turning every night until it's set in stone hahaha.

Ooooo I'm loving your selections!

That Q-stone benchtop is everything!
I think you'd be fine in having that white tile as your kitchen splashback - the benchtop doesn't have so much of a pattern in it, rather more like a glitter so I don't think that would be too busy

We've decided to continue on with the same selections in the ensuite, bathroom and laundry so the theme 'flows' through the house.. I know quite a few people like to change it up in each room but it's already hard enough picking colours for one room! Plus I don't want to choose other selections that I'm not sure on, just to have a difference in every room..

But maybe you can switch the benchtop and cabinet colours around if you want something different? That way your theme is the same and makes your colour selections less difficult

We had no time to go to Crosby this weekend
I've been stuck painting our front render all weekend and muscles I didn't even know I had are killing me!
Gonna go with the OH next weekend to finalise our selections!
jad33mily
Can anyone tell me how to respond to someone's comment and have there comment in the bubble sort of thing instead of just replying to the whole thread? You'd think for being 22 years old I'd be a little more tech savvy hahaha

Haha don't worry - I'm 24 and I still struggle with this site

I think you have to be on a comp to do it.. I can't do it on my phone.

When you click into the topic, under each post is a 'Quote' button, so you click that and it will pop up with a new post screen with the post you wanted to 'quote' from and you can type under it
I'm hoping I explained that right haha
Natasha
jad33mily

Ooooo I'm loving your selections!

That Q-stone benchtop is everything!
I think you'd be fine in having that white tile as your kitchen splashback - the benchtop doesn't have so much of a pattern in it, rather more like a glitter so I don't think that would be too busy

We've decided to continue on with the same selections in the ensuite, bathroom and laundry so the theme 'flows' through the house.. I know quite a few people like to change it up in each room but it's already hard enough picking colours for one room! Plus I don't want to choose other selections that I'm not sure on, just to have a difference in every room..

But maybe you can switch the benchtop and cabinet colours around if you want something different? That way your theme is the same and makes your colour selections less difficult

We had no time to go to Crosby this weekend
I've been stuck painting our front render all weekend and muscles I didn't even know I had are killing me!
Gonna go with the OH next weekend to finalise our selections!
- I tried the quote thing and started typing underneath but it didn't post my comments. Oh well, I'll get there eventually...

Thanks Natasha!

I think I will be wanting to spend more time in the kitchen now just because of that benchtop hahaha

Yeah, I think we will end up staying the same throughout. Maybe just change which wall the feature tile goes on in. I do like your idea of flipping the cabinetry and bench tops around too. It's just too hard! Heading back in there this afternoon to finalise them and get some more guidance of there consultants. Was just too busy on Saturday and I know if I don't do it soon I'm going to lose my mind

Oh dear, you must be knackered!
jad33mily
- I tried the quote thing and started typing underneath but it didn't post my comments. Oh well, I'll get there eventually...

Thanks Natasha!

I think I will be wanting to spend more time in the kitchen now just because of that benchtop hahaha

Yeah, I think we will end up staying the same throughout. Maybe just change which wall the feature tile goes on in. I do like your idea of flipping the cabinetry and bench tops around too. It's just too hard! Heading back in there this afternoon to finalise them and get some more guidance of there consultants. Was just too busy on Saturday and I know if I don't do it soon I'm going to lose my mind

Oh dear, you must be knackered!

Oh you're so lucky that you can go in the afternoon! We are limited to Saturdays

Otherwise I'd be in there every day haha

Which Crosby shop have you been going to? We've been going to Osborne Park store - there's a guy called Antoni who was sooo helpful! Definitely would recommend tracking him down if you don't mind the trek.

We were thinking to switch around the cabinetry colours too - but I'm set on gloss for the cupboards and they don't have gloss black so white will have to do for all..

Haven't been by our blocks lately and won't get a chance this week either
have you been there lately? I wonder if the block at the back of us has bricks up yet!
Natasha
Oh you're so lucky that you can go in the afternoon! We are limited to Saturdays

Which Crosby shop have you been going to? We've been going to Osborne Park store - there's a guy called Antoni who was sooo helpful! Definitely would recommend tracking him down if you don't mind the trek.

We were thinking to switch around the cabinetry colours too - but I'm set on gloss for the cupboards and they don't have gloss black so white will have to do for all..

Haven't been by our blocks lately and won't get a chance this week either have you been there lately? I wonder if the block at the back of us has bricks up yet!

Only lucky because the partner has let me had full reign. Otherwise we'd be limited to Saturdays aswell :/

Been going to the one in Kenwick as it's the closest to home and work. The lady I spoke to originally was really nice so I'm hoping she's working this afternoon as well.

Totally agree on the gloss cupboards, that's a shame they don't have black. I didn't even bother looking at the gloss samples because they are an upgrade for us.

I went past the blocks on Saturday actually. They had bricks delivered on site so I would say they would be starting on those today. Might go for peek on the weekend. Hopefully they have some walls up by then so I can have a walk around
I noticed a lot of tyre tracks on your block and the one next to it aswell.
jad33mily
Natasha

Haven't been by our blocks lately and won't get a chance this week either have you been there lately? I wonder if the block at the back of us has bricks up yet!

Only lucky because the partner has let me had full reign. Otherwise we'd be limited to Saturdays aswell :/

Been going to the one in Kenwick as it's the closest to home and work. The lady I spoke to originally was really nice so I'm hoping she's working this afternoon as well.

Totally agree on the gloss cupboards, that's a shame they don't have black. I didn't even bother looking at the gloss samples because they are an upgrade for us.

I went past the blocks on Saturday actually. They had bricks delivered on site so I would say they would be starting on those today. Might go for peek on the weekend. Hopefully they have some walls up by then so I can have a walk around
I noticed a lot of tyre tracks on your block and the one next to it aswell.

Woooo! You did your first quote haha

Yea the gloss cupboards are something I'm definitely not compromising on - I need it haha

Ooo yay! Will have to try and get there soon so I can have a peek haha
Yea I think they've been estimating site costs for us so that'd explain the tyre tracks.. I wonder if the block next to me is gonna be building soon too!
Natasha
Woooo! You did your first quote haha

Yea the gloss cupboards are something I'm definitely not compromising on - I need it haha

Ooo yay! Will have to try and get there soon so I can have a peek haha
Yea I think they've been estimating site costs for us so that'd explain the tyre tracks.. I wonder if the block next to me is gonna be building soon too!

Hahaha I know right, I had to copy and paste your comment into a comment but at least it worked

Oh that's good! I hope they do that soon for ours aswell, when we signed our building contracts they hadn't even done the site survey yet because they had to get all these contracts out due to the cut to the FHOG. Hopefully it's completed before finance approval. I'm just worried about that massive sand pile and rubbish on our block. I'm hoping we don't have to clear it ourselves before construction starts. Surely not, it's not our fault other people have dumped there excess sand and washing machines, etc
I think we had our site survery done shortly after signing up! Not sure why yours is taking so long..
Yea I saw that
plus there's like random rubbish throughout the lots.. like bottles and stuff like that! I saw at the back of the Aussie Living one, there's cans like wedged by the retaining wall..
So disrespectful for people to be littering like that, especially now that all the blocks are basically sold!
Natasha
I think we had our site survery done shortly after signing up! Not sure why yours is taking so long..
Yea I saw that plus there's like random rubbish throughout the lots.. like bottles and stuff like that! I saw at the back of the Aussie Living one, there's cans like wedged by the retaining wall..
So disrespectful for people to be littering like that, especially now that all the blocks are basically sold!

Yeah ours should have been done shortly after signing up but I think because of the push for everyone's contracts they focused on that. They said it should be done before finance approval though, hopefully...

Oh really, that's so rude. I know, makes it harder for everyone else if they have to clear it themselves before going to construction. There's a friggin washing machine on ours too. Just because it's an inconvenience to get rid of your rubbish and appliances that no longer work doesn't mean you can dump it wherever you like
If it wasn't for the retaining wall I wouldn't have been able to determine which lot is ours since there is no lot signs on those blocks. I wonder if the council would clear it, probably not...
Yea they've got signs on the back lots but not on our street! I was confused when we were driving around for the first time because I was like, nothing is for sale..

Yea I don't think the council will clear it.. I think if you already accepted the land like that, then you accept it in its condition or something?
Maybe check with your builder..
If you send a message to the developer they might clear it for you. They don't want the place looking like a dumping ground while still trying to sell land

SilentBoB
If you send a message to the developer they might clear it for you. They don't want the place looking like a dumping ground while still trying to sell land

Thanks for the tip Bob, I'll try them first
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum