Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Bahama 50

Page 9 of 17
Wow it looks so big!

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
allblaqk
Wow your progress is insane. I love it! I love my scary ladder, i climb it one handed sometimes

I can't wait to see your void spaces... have you picked lighting or anything to fill them yet?

The ladder isn't as bad as the false floor! Haha!

We've got some ideas for the lighting but Coral have said they won't do the electrical in voids for safety so we've had the rough in done for the voids and my father in law is an electrician and will install after handover so trying hard to be patient & choose the light after paint etc to see what would work best.
We've got feature pendants in 2 of the bathrooms & wall lights beside the bed in our master so plenty of feature lighting still be chosen!

bribiebell

It's so hard to tell!! Sometimes I think it's huge & other times I think it's not.

Its coming along great guns!!! It's a big house!!! It's awesome when they take the safety platforms away...you kind of stand back and go "WOW...look at all that space". Won't be long.
Thanks Coral! Yes I can't wait for that feeling!
I'm expecting to hear from our SS tomorrow with this weeks tasks - I know gyprock & plaster scheduled to finish Tuesday & stairs installed Wednesday but then no further info on next jobs. What comes next?

GreeneAH
Thanks Coral! Yes I can't wait for that feeling!
I'm expecting to hear from our SS tomorrow with this weeks tasks - I know gyprock & plaster scheduled to finish Tuesday & stairs installed Wednesday but then no further info on next jobs. What comes next?

Amazing...you've caught up to us and you only started what...barely three months ago??? Well..if you were down here in NSW...the next job would be waiting ...for a few weeks or months ... with the odd tradie turning up for a tease and then leave the job unfinished...
Are all your eaves outside done? Downpipes painted then scaffold comes down outside. Inside wet areas tiled? Cabinetry gets installed for bathrooms and kitchen (stone etc gets installed after fixing stage).
Thanks CoralLake! That's an exciting list! I thought they'd leave the scaffold up for render? No eaves yet & downpipes are all white.
I can't wait for the cabinetry - it's so hard to visualise the choices!

Yeah we are 10 weeks in to the build, 8 weeks since slab was poured. We certainly can't complain with progress thus far!

Looks amazing! Can't believe how fast it has gone!! We were still without stairs and gyprock about 40 weeks after commencement so yours is flying!

A word of advice regarding your void pendants- Coral tried to spin me the same BS about void safety. The electrician will be able to fit off while that temp floor is up and it will be no different to him than any other light. I have 3 pendants in my voids and I actually told Coral i wouldn't be going ahead unless they did it because their display homes have pendants in voids. They actually wouldn't even let me have down lights in the voids.

It will save your Dad the time and trouble if you can do it now. Even wondering if they would let your Dad install the light now....?

We wanted a third light in our dining void and I'm really regretting not having it don't during the build as now it's near impossible for us

Thanks MrsJM!

Does the safety floor stay even after the stairs? I was hoping it would be removed this week!

Thanks for the advice - I'll chat to our SS.

We've got gyprock downstairs! Finally!! This was in the plan for 2 weeks & I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen.

It's feeling really open & I love all the natural light. The two rear fixed windows (2.5m x 2.5m each) installed now & I love them!

Captions on each photo describing the plans.

OMG....droooooooool. The natural light is just gorgeous ...and the view. I take it your hubby is quite tall? And I see that the pups approve.
Thanks CL!
We all love it! Hubby is pretty tall & loves posing for all the pics (not!)
Render is suppose to start tomorrow!

GreeneAH
Thanks CL!
We all love it! Hubby is pretty tall & loves posing for all the pics (not!)
Render is suppose to start tomorrow!

I'm getting a nose bleed with how fast you're moving along!
That's insane progress! Looks so good with gyprock now!
Thanks! We had a slow 2 weeks but hopefully back on track again!

GreeneAH
Thanks! We had a slow 2 weeks but hopefully back on track again!

I wish my build was going at your speed... my house is nearly half the size and we started way before you and you have smashed us! I'm so excited for you as its really good progress for such a huge house!
Really? I wonder if it's the area (just north of Brisbane) or because of the size/cost that they put on extra people to get it done quickly.

Possibly! I honestly think its random luck
Well I hope it continues! Our contract completion date is not until end Jan - along way to go yet!

Argh!!! We have a terrible situation! We went by the house today & the they've installed the blue board above the garage (feature) but the garage is sooooo LOW! It's 206cm & looks terrible!! Our ceilings are 270 so there's soo much wasted space above the opening.
We should have picked it up on the plans and raised the garage clearance! Did anyone else have this problem?! Our contract says 210 (nominal) but everyone else's we've measured is 230-240!

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum