Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Express - Westbury Premium - East Estate

Page 5 of 12

Went past house tonight. Robes have been fitted out and shower screens and mirrors are in. External final site clean done too with temp fence now removed. Carpet goes in on Wednesday, garage door measure next Friday and caulking this week too I believe. Fly screens week after and all that's left is appliances and driveway (i think)!

SS isn't returning my phone calls, he's very different to our previous SS who was fantastic. Just hoping he can't stuff things up from here!
Looks awesome. Doesn’t sound like PCI is far off.

Do you message your SS via MySimonds? Turns out my SS has been replying to me or sending me stuff but I’m not getting it.
Spoke to CRC today and turns out I’m not the only one with the issue. It’s been referred to IT.
Still aiming for week of 5th March for PCI I believe.

Nope I just call his mobile. Maybe I should try My Simonds and see how that goes lol
lol I gave up calling SS's mobile. He never answered. But requesting a call via MySimonds usually has him calling in a matter of minutes.

Oh that's not far away. So far MySimonds is showing 30/3 for us.
Lol I'll try that on Monday and see what happens.

30/3 really isn't that far away either! How exciting!
These last few weeks are the slowest though haha
smithfamily

lol good luck

Yeah it now seems scarily close. I really need to nail down some fencers ready for when the temp fencing comes down, I'm guessing it's not far off. I also need to order our new couches. Nail down window coverings and get driveway quotes. With so much to do it really doesn't seem like very long, lol
Bri1234
smithfamily

lol good luck

Yeah it now seems scarily close. I really need to nail down some fencers ready for when the temp fencing comes down, I'm guessing it's not far off. I also need to order our new couches. Nail down window coverings and get driveway quotes. With so much to do it really doesn't seem like very long, lol

We have only heard back from 1 neighbour for our fencing and our temp fence came down this week......frustrating to say the least! Thankfully driveway came with our house so we don't have to worry about that and we ordered our blinds last week.
smithfamily
We have only heard back from 1 neighbour for our fencing and our temp fence came down this week......frustrating to say the least! Thankfully driveway came with our house so we don't have to worry about that and we ordered our blinds last week.

Oh really. That's not good. Do you have to wait for them?

I finally got someone to turn up this afternoon to measure and quote. Now to wait for his quote and try and book in a couple more.

We decided to do the driveway ourselves but I am regretting it now. It will mean at least a week added before we can move in.
Bri1234
smithfamily

Oh really. That's not good. Do you have to wait for them?

I finally got someone to turn up this afternoon to measure and quote. Now to wait for his quote and try and book in a couple more.

We decided to do the driveway ourselves but I am regretting it now. It will mean at least a week added before we can move in.

Technically they have 30 days to respond and if they don't, I can proceed with construction and then take them to court for the 50% payment....they have until 7th March to respond. I really hope it doesn't come to that......

Who ended up finally coming to quote? It's hard to get them to come out, only 1 of the 4 I got actually came out to measure....

I'm very glad the driveway came with our build, I had heard it can be quite annoying trying to organise it ourselves...
smithfamily

Your house already looks like ready to move in with the temp fence down and the cleaning all around it.
Hopefully they respond soon to make things easier. Would be such a waste of everyone's time to go to court when you all need to fences anywy. Fingers crossed.

Got one place to come on site and quote. Still waiting for the actual quote, hopefully today.
1 place said he only quotes using Google. That's not much good in our case because google hasn't been updated since the house was demolished. Hoping a few others that said they'd contact me to make a time come through this week.

Yeah it would have been so much easier to have Simonds do it but hopefully this way it will be cheaper for us. I'm hoping all being well, if our new fences are up, we'll have a gate going in to the back yard from the side so at least we can get things in and bypass the driveway. Trying to get the fence organised. And the window coverings; And then I should be able to get on to driveway quotes.
pEast
smithfamily

Your house already looks like ready to move in with the temp fence down and the cleaning all around it.

Yep we're close, very close! I'm expecting fixing invoice today, only carpets and a few small things left to do and we're done. Will attempt to call SS again today for an update on PCI date. By the looks of it, we may be the first actual residents in East Estate....which is a little scary....
Bri1234
Hopefully they respond soon to make things easier. Would be such a waste of everyone's time to go to court when you all need to fences anywy. Fingers crossed.

Got one place to come on site and quote. Still waiting for the actual quote, hopefully today.
1 place said he only quotes using Google. That's not much good in our case because google hasn't been updated since the house was demolished. Hoping a few others that said they'd contact me to make a time come through this week.

Yeah it would have been so much easier to have Simonds do it but hopefully this way it will be cheaper for us. I'm hoping all being well, if our new fences are up, we'll have a gate going in to the back yard from the side so at least we can get things in and bypass the driveway. Trying to get the fence organised. And the window coverings; And then I should be able to get on to driveway quotes.

Yep exactly, hopefully they get back to me soon.

Just using google? That's ridiculous haha coming to site is the only way to provide an accurate quote I would've thought.... Fingers crossed others get back to you!

Yes true, I have no doubt we paid a premium for a basic driveway, I'm hoping it's worth it haha
smithfamily
pEast
smithfamily

Yep we're close, very close! I'm expecting fixing invoice today, only carpets and a few small things left to do and we're done. Will attempt to call SS again today for an update on PCI date. By the looks of it, we may be the first actual residents in East Estate....which is a little scary....

There is a Simonds near our lot and it has had its driveway done more than a month back and has a security camera at the front installed - I was thinking they would be in first.
smithfamily
Bri1234

Just using google? That's ridiculous haha coming to site is the only way to provide an accurate quote I would've thought.... Fingers crossed others get back to you!

Yes true, I have no doubt we paid a premium for a basic driveway, I'm hoping it's worth it haha

On site we can explain exactly what we want and they can take measurements. If they as so busy they can only quote using google, I'm not interested.

Tossing up though, would the extra rent we'll most likely have to pay undo any savings we make by doing the driveway ourselves?!
pEast
smithfamily

There is a Simonds near our lot and it has had its driveway done more than a month back and has a security camera at the front installed - I was thinking they would be in first.

We thought that too....but they have been broken into and some damage done and things taken. I believe it's all fixed up now so maybe they won't be far away from moving in either.
smithfamily
pEast
smithfamily

We thought that too....but they have been broken into and some damage done and things taken. I believe it's all fixed up now so maybe they won't be far away from moving in either.

That's annoying. People don't realise. They aren't stealing from developers. They're stealing from everyday people trying to build homes. Yes the builder is responsible for the loses but what about the delays and the extra rent people have to pay.
Sorry for the rant. Before Christmas we had thefts on site that delayed us a few weeks. And camera's were put up which is good because the thefts have stopped but they cause us inconvenience.
Bri1234
smithfamily

On site we can explain exactly what we want and they can take measurements. If they as so busy they can only quote using google, I'm not interested.

Tossing up though, would the extra rent we'll most likely have to pay undo any savings we make by doing the driveway ourselves?!

Totally agree!

That's a good point.....
Bri1234
smithfamily
pEast

That's annoying. People don't realise. They aren't stealing from developers. They're stealing from everyday people trying to build homes. Yes the builder is responsible for the loses but what about the delays and the extra rent people have to pay.
Sorry for the rant. Before Christmas we had thefts on site that delayed us a few weeks. And camera's were put up which is good because the thefts have stopped but they cause us inconvenience.

People don't think, that's the problem. Absolute low lifes!

I feel sorry for this build we're talking about, this is the 2nd time it has happened to them. First they had all their electrical stripped the day after it was completed, and now this. Apparently this time was really bad, kicked in back door and damaged the frame which required repairs! Has put them back at least 3-4 weeks!!
smithfamily
Bri1234
smithfamily

People don't think, that's the problem. Absolute low lifes!

I feel sorry for this build we're talking about, this is the 2nd time it has happened to them. First they had all their electrical stripped the day after it was completed, and now this. Apparently this time was really bad, kicked in back door and damaged the frame which required repairs! Has put them back at least 3-4 weeks!!

Agreed

Oh wow. That's terrible. So they couldn't just settle for taking stuff they had to cause destruction as well. Scum.
Related
19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum