Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Express - Westbury Premium - East Estate

Page 10 of 12
Bri1234
smithfamily
Bri1234
Ohhhhh exciting. Seems like it has happened so fast. So happy for you.

It has happened a little fast, mind you that's probably because of the pressure I have put on the bank and Simonds to get things done haha

Thanks! Not long and you'll be at the same point!

LOL. I called the energy company yesterday to try to get them to hurry up.

At this point I was hoping we'd be moving on the school holidays but I'm thinking that won't be happening.

Haha good! And so they should!

You never know though, seems there is still progress happening and as long as it is, the closer PCI will become. We literally had PCI confirmed 36hrs before it was to happen!
Just making sure you get that fixing invoice paid ASAP so that all that's left is final invoice and bank can order valuation. I found that made a HUGE difference.
smithfamily

You never know though, seems there is still progress happening and as long as it is, the closer PCI will become. We literally had PCI confirmed 36hrs before it was to happen!
Just making sure you get that fixing invoice paid ASAP so that all that's left is final invoice and bank can order valuation. I found that made a HUGE difference.

I'll call them again next week, lol

Wow fast. I'm hoping to get the fixing invoice today (fixing was marked as complete on MySimonds last night) and I'll forward it straight on to the bank. But with SS being away I'm not expecting to make a PCI date till next week when he gets back.

There's still plenty that needs to be done as well. 2 places where the cornice is uneven. Splash back, Painting, etc. Yesterday we noticed the sliding door frame on the alfresco was bent in 2 places stopping the new screens from sliding and there's a scratch in one of the new shower screens.

Did you use a private inspector for your PCI?
We were using one for other stages but to be honest we weren't impressed with them. Example, they didn't notice the crooked cornice or some bowed plaster.
Bri1234
smithfamily

Wow fast. I'm hoping to get the fixing invoice today (fixing was marked as complete on MySimonds last night) and I'll forward it straight on to the bank. But with SS being away I'm not expecting to make a PCI date till next week when he gets back.

There's still plenty that needs to be done as well. 2 places where the cornice is uneven. Splash back, Painting, etc. Yesterday we noticed the sliding door frame on the alfresco was bent in 2 places stopping the new screens from sliding and there's a scratch in one of the new shower screens.

We were using one for other stages but to be honest we weren't impressed with them. Example, they didn't notice the crooked cornice or some bowed plaster.

Haha good idea!

Yeah it all happened very fast in the end for us, not complaining I guess but just goes to show persistence is key (even though it shouldn't be required).

You'd be surprised how quickly the last few items get completed. Our SS wanted to get things done so booked literally all the last items to be fixed in one day!
Scratch in the shower screen? That's not good. Lead times on those are 10 working days so that could be a bit of a problem....

No we didn't use a private inspector at all. A number of my relatives are builders, my brother actually builds houses for a living so he came through for us instead. IMHO, private inspectors are a waste of money. They don't pick up half the things that they should, builders have their own inspectors separate to purchasers private inspectors anyway and the builders are the ones that have to warrant the structure etc for 7-20 years, they will make sure everything is A OK (most of the time).
smithfamily
Certificate of occupancy was issued last Friday (PCI day), bank has completed valuation and have confirmed we can now book settlement any day from today onwards!
Wow! I can't believe we're finished!!!!!!

So will contact CRC today. As i'm away for work from tomorrow until end of next week, my wife will attend settlement to pickup keys mid next week and we will move in from Good Friday!
So very exciting, we can't wait!!!!!

Terrific
pEast
smithfamily
Certificate of occupancy was issued last Friday (PCI day), bank has completed valuation and have confirmed we can now book settlement any day from today onwards!

So will contact CRC today. As i'm away for work from tomorrow until end of next week, my wife will attend settlement to pickup keys mid next week and we will move in from Good Friday!

Terrific

Now we can keep an eye on your build for you haha
smithfamily
pEast
smithfamily

Terrific

Thanks😀
smithfamily
Bri1234

Haha good idea!

Yeah it all happened very fast in the end for us, not complaining I guess but just goes to show persistence is key (even though it shouldn't be required).

You'd be surprised how quickly the last few items get completed. Our SS wanted to get things done so booked literally all the last items to be fixed in one day!
Scratch in the shower screen? That's not good. Lead times on those are 10 working days so that could be a bit of a problem....

No we didn't use a private inspector at all. A number of my relatives are builders, my brother actually builds houses for a living so he came through for us instead. IMHO, private inspectors are a waste of money. They don't pick up half the things that they should, builders have their own inspectors separate to purchasers private inspectors anyway and the builders are the ones that have to warrant the structure etc for 7-20 years, they will make sure everything is A OK (most of the time).

There was a half a slab of our bricks left over sitting right near where the gas work will need to be done. To avoid that being an excuse we've moved them and piled them in the back yard (kids earned $5 each, lol). Might use them later for a letterbox.

Funny you say that, while we were up there this morning we noticed that, the kitchen tap had been installed. New down pipe had been fitted out the front (still to be plumbed) and some missing roof tiles had been replaced.
Yeah bit worried about the glass.

We have no experience with building so I feel like it was worth the PI in the early days for structural stuff but then them missing things had us thinking it wasn't worth it now.
smithfamily
pEast
smithfamily

Terrific

You can be security for the whole estate now, lol. No pressure, lol
Bri1234
smithfamily
Bri1234

Haha good idea!

There was a half a slab of our bricks left over sitting right near where the gas work will need to be done. To avoid that being an excuse we've moved them and piled them in the back yard (kids earned $5 each, lol). Might use them later for a letterbox.

Funny you say that, while we were up there this morning we noticed that, the kitchen tap had been installed. New down pipe had been fitted out the front (still to be plumbed) and some missing roof tiles had been replaced.

We have no experience with building so I feel like it was worth the PI in the early days for structural stuff but then them missing things had us thinking it wasn't worth it now.

Oh right, lucky you got some bricks left over, we didn't get any!

Hopefully that wasn't the reason the gas company is delaying....

Haha there you go! More progress!
Yeah that glass may be a little bit of a time issue more than anything. Although they will have the measurements so not necessarily a 10 working day lead time.

We have no experience building either, just lucky that some of my family are in the industry I guess.
Bri1234
smithfamily
pEast
Terrific

You can be security for the whole estate now, lol. No pressure, lol

Haha yeah thanks! :S
smithfamily
Bri1234
smithfamily
Haha good idea!

Oh right, lucky you got some bricks left over, we didn't get any!

Hopefully that wasn't the reason the gas company is delaying....

Haha there you go! More progress!
Yeah that glass may be a little bit of a time issue more than anything. Although they will have the measurements so not necessarily a 10 working day lead time.

We have no experience building either, just lucky that some of my family are in the industry I guess.

Yeah about half a pallet I think. Not too bad. We've got a couple of boxes of tiles too sitting in the garage.

We wanted to make sure that wasn't an excuse. On the phone they told me the application had been received on the 9th March and they can take up to 20 working days. Yikes. This is the power pit fiasco all over again, lol.
But they can't use mess as an excuse now.

Hubby seems to think it might be 'fixable'. I'm not sure I didn't actually see it. Otherwise what a nuisance. I swear the tradies aren't very considerate of things. Sorry shouldn't make that about all tradies but so far the ones on site have left messes, their rubbish just dropped where they stand even though there's a bin right there. Nails everywhere. Scuffs and marks on the new paintwork. A damaged doorframe.

LOL the only person we have is brother in law who's a plumber.
8homes fence went up today
pEast
8homes fence went up today

Another one to move in soon then I hope!
We had the frosted window tint applied to front door and side of front door windows this morning. Much more private, very happy with it.

did you do the frosted windows yourself or had someone do it?
n_one
did you do the frosted windows yourself or had someone do it?

No we didn't. Ended up using Skyline Window Tinting, who we found through the home improvement pages website.
Can't recommend them highly enough!
Everything still on track to get your keys this week?
Bri1234

I believe so! I'm overseas for work this week, my wife is still scheduled for handover Wednesday morning. She picked up cheque this morning so all good
smithfamily
Bri1234

I believe so! I'm overseas for work this week, my wife is still scheduled for handover Wednesday morning. She picked up cheque this morning so all good

Ohhhh exciting. So soon.
Best wishes for today!!!! Very happy for you and your family!!!!
Related
19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum