Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Express - Westbury Premium - East Estate

Page 1 of 12
Hi All,

I've been following a few build threads on here and now it's finally time to start my own!
My wife and I are building with Simonds Homes, the Express range.
Decided on the Westbury with Premium specs. Our block is a small 420m in the East Estate in Cranbourne East.
Title is expected towards the end of August this year. We have just signed our contracts with Simonds so all is progressing well, just hoping the land titles as expected.

I look forward to sharing the build experience with you all!

Any questions or queries as we go, ask away

-Pete
smithfamily
Hi All,

I've been following a few build threads on here and now it's finally time to start my own!
Decided on the Westbury with Premium specs. Our block is a small 420m in the East Estate in Cranbourne East.
Title is expected towards the end of August this year. We have just signed our contracts with Simonds so all is progressing well, just hoping the land titles as expected.

-Pete

Hi smith
Good to see one more Simonds build here. We are building Hudson at Craigieburn. Hopefully they will start by next month.. happy to share any experiences over the build

smithfamily
Hi All,

-Pete

Hi smith
Good to see one more Simonds build here. We are building Hudson at Craigieburn. Hopefully they will start by next month.. happy to share any experiences over the build

p.dark
smithfamily
Hi All,

-Pete

Hi smith

Hi p.dark,

Excellent. The more the better!
Starting next month, very exciting for you!

Hearing your experience would be great as building commences! Good luck
smithfamily
Hi All,

-Pete

Hi smith

smithfamily
Hi All,

-Pete

Currently building with Simonds also, Hudson same as p.dark. Ours is almost finished... Happy to answer any questions.
Hi Asha,
That's great!
Have you had any/many hiccups along the way?
Our contract signing guy seems to think the express houses go up in about 12-14 wks on average. Is this what you've experienced?
smithfamily
Hi Asha,
That's great!
Have you had any/many hiccups along the way?
Our contract signing guy seems to think the express houses go up in about 12-14 wks on average. Is this what you've experienced?

We didn't build an express however ours has only taken. 13 weeksish so far.

We have had a few, especially with our electrical. They have done a really poor job with placement. I find our SS pretty laid back and we have to chase contact.

First update!

Our land titled on 15th September. We then had to gain our Construction Finance approval, which was completed 10th October.
Our final construction drawings and final PCV's were signed off last week, admin stage was completed on Friday.

Pre-start meeting this coming Friday, we should be on site this week with Temp fence and crossover protection expected to be put up, and full commencement on site next week. Finally almost starting construction after months of anticipation.
Hi SmithFamily

Looking forward to hearing your progress.
We're building a Simonds Flinders in SE Melb. Ours is a knock down rebuild. We've just recently gone to site. Slab is booked to be poured this coming Monday.
I have seen your thread and looks like you have had a few headaches along the way!

Glad to hear your slab is booked in! Looking forward to tracking your progress.
We had our Site Start meeting today, if all goes to plan (weather) we should have slab down, frame up and roof on by end of November. Let's hope!
smithfamily
I have seen your thread and looks like you have had a few headaches along the way!

Glad to hear your slab is booked in! Looking forward to tracking your progress.
We had our Site Start meeting today, if all goes to plan (weather) we should have slab down, frame up and roof on by end of November. Let's hope!

Ah yes. The joys of a knock down rebuild.
Hoping things run smoothly now we’re on site.

That’s fast. Hope it all goes to plan and the weather behaves.
That’s awesome! What colour choice have you chosen? I’ve just built the Westbury also, have our inspection this Thursday!
The build has gone smooth so far with no issues.
I wish you all the best

smithfamily
First update!

Our land titled on 15th September. We then had to gain our Construction Finance approval, which was completed 10th October.
Our final construction drawings and final PCV's were signed off last week, admin stage was completed on Friday.

Pre-start meeting this coming Friday, we should be on site this week with Temp fence and crossover protection expected to be put up, and full commencement on site next week. Finally almost starting construction after months of anticipation.
Sharni3121
That’s awesome! What colour choice have you chosen? I’ve just built the Westbury also, have our inspection this Thursday!
The build has gone smooth so far with no issues.
I wish you all the best

smithfamily
First update!

Hi Sharni3121,

That's great to hear that you haven't had any issues so far and that your inspection is this week!

We chose the Ash colour palette

Our slab gets poured today, a few days later than originally planned and not sure why that's the case but we're moving along so that's the main thing.

Slab was laid yesterday! Wooooo!
And the framers then came in late afternoon and marked out the frame on the slab. It has been raining here this afternoon so unsure if anything has been done today, and likely won't get a chance to go and inspect today either.
Received first Invoice as well.....
[quote="smithfamily"]

And the framers then came in late afternoon and marked out the frame on the slab. It has been raining here this afternoon so unsure if anything has been done today, and likely won't get a chance to go and inspect today either.
/quote]

They’re quick with the invoices aren’t they, lol
Bri1234
smithfamily

/quote]

They’re quick with the invoices aren’t they, lol

Alot quicker than building the damn house! Haha

Frame up today
Our roof trusses went up yesterday!!

Yay. Ours did too. Really looking like a house now, lol
Related
19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum