Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden - Votivo 43

Page 20 of 26
pEast
Ezza78
Thanks! What stage are at laijer?

Yeah I was also thinking - thinking Laijer might be near PCI
Fixing stage. Cabinetry is complete and they just finished painting the internals. I think tiles are next up. It's getting close

Looks fabulous laijer

laijer
pEast
Ezza78

Fixing stage. Cabinetry is complete and they just finished painting the internals. I think tiles are next up. It's getting close

Nice! You're building the Beaumont are you?

Building the Votivo43 - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=88553
laijer
pEast
Ezza78

Any quality issues you've faced so far?

laijer
pEast
Ezza78

Hi Laijer thanks for the photos - really liked the staircase look - it just gives it an open look - I think this concept is better than what Arden give in display homes
Beautiful!!! Do they put a bulkhead above kitchen cabinets? Love the staircase. We really wanted to have that staircase but we needed a wall for the tv!!! Ha ha

Is that polar or classic white laijer?
g33kerb0t
Nice! You're building the Beaumont are you?

It's a Votivo 43, with some modifications to the floor plan. The stair case looks like the Beaumont one.
g33kerb0t
Any quality issues you've faced so far?

Just only the pre-plaster stuff that I posted about in the Arden Homes thread about a month ago. But, since the regional construction manager took over from the outgoing SS, he's since rectified all the defects, it looks to be pretty good. I did see a couple of chips come off the rendering in the corners though, will have to mention that to the new SS when I meet him next week.
pEast
Hi Laijer thanks for the photos - really liked the staircase look - it just gives it an open look - I think this concept is better than what Arden give in display homes

Yeah, if you keep the standard Votivo layout, you don't have the option to open it up.
Ezza78
Beautiful!!! Do they put a bulkhead above kitchen cabinets?

Hmm, yeah... never thought about a bulkhead. The wifey hasn't mentioned it or complained about not having one, so I might just keep that to myself

Ezza78
Love the staircase. We really wanted to have that staircase but we needed a wall for the tv!!! Ha ha

Yeah, we like it too. It's nothing fancy, but it still nice enough to look at.
We kept the Rumpus room (which I believe you deleted in your plans), so that's where our TV lives

Ezza78

It's Vanilla Quake Quarter with White on White for the skirting, cornices and ceiling.
Edit: Oh, if you were asking about the cabinets, yes, it's classic white in a sheen finish.
laijer
Ezza78
Beautiful!!! Do they put a bulkhead above kitchen cabinets?

Hmm, yeah... never thought about a bulkhead. The wifey hasn't mentioned it or complained about not having one, so I might just keep that to myself

Ezza78
Love the staircase. We really wanted to have that staircase but we needed a wall for the tv!!! Ha ha

Yeah, we like it too. It's nothing fancy, but it still nice enough to look at.
We kept the Rumpus room (which I believe you deleted in your plans), so that's where our TV lives

Ezza78

It's Vanilla Quake Quarter with White on White for the skirting, cornices and ceiling.
Edit: Oh, if you were asking about the cabinets, yes, it's classic white in a sheen finish.

Hey Laijer, yes it was the cupboards, we choose the same, that look fab. How funny about bulk head, looks good, I thought you’d asked not to have one

Hi Ezza
Have you had frame inspection - I have sent a PM - please let me know who found out? Thinking of changing to housepect
Plumbing roughed in and Hebel delivered today!

Ezza78
Plumbing roughed in and Hebel delivered today!

so exciting - this lets me know how many days for my hebel to arrive once the frame starts next week
Our frame took about 3. Gutters and roof took a week and a half, plumbing a day and Hebel guy said they get ground floor done in a week. Good luck for frame on Monday, at least you shouldn’t have your windows laying around with no roof on.
Any one know what these white poles are coming out of the roof, they seem to be above bathrooms
but not where exhaust fans are.

They're vents for the drains. Water can't flow away freely unless air is pulled in to displace it. The pipes will be properly flashed so the roof is watertight.
Ezza78
Any one know what these white poles are coming out of the roof, they seem to be above bathrooms
but not where exhaust fans are.

Well I don’t know but what I can see from photos is one impressive House coming up in your street

And my impressive will start tomorrow cos there are no neighbours building yet - one immediate has just got plumbing done and other side guy just the taps
Exxie
They're vents for the drains. Water can't flow away freely unless air is pulled in to displace it. The pipes will be properly flashed so the roof is watertight.

Thanks Exxie, you learn something new everyday! How’s your build going now?

Ezza78
Thanks Exxie, you learn something new everyday! How’s your build going now?

It was going well while the construction manager was looking after things. He's just handed over to the new SS, so we'll see. Early signs are good though.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum